Lincoln Aviator 2019 revealed

I never realized the Cadillac program was old models too. I was under the impression it was a fleet of new models to choose from.

Sorry I got hung up on new vehicles instead of current year models. I also assumed they would be using current year models or previous year rather than 2-3 year old models. But this program is so new they probably wanted to keep costs low until they see whether it will work or not. As long as it’s the same body style and features as the current year models I don’t think it would matter too much.

This would be a good way to get rid of demo vehicles.

Highlights from the press conference:

Used the phrasing "Quiet Flight" instead of Quiet Luxury

2 new utilities.

4 new Lincoln products. Joining lineup (mentioned joining Conti, and updated MKZ, MKC)

Were they counting Navigator as a new utility?

Were they counting Navigator as a new utility?

I don't think so. I listed to it again, here's what he said:

"In the next couple years - 2 all new luxury utilities, you'll see the first in a moment (Aviator)"

"Right around the corner from that", we'll introduce 4 new all Lincoln luxury products to join Lincoln's already strong lineup - new Continental, updated MKZ, updated MKC, and later this year, the new Nautilus"

Navigator IS an interesting exclusion from that list, though he did specifically talk about Navigator a bit earlier in the talk, so I guess they didn't feel they needed to mention it there.

I'm doubting that's 4 additional nameplates to the lineup, I think 2 of those new ones are the MKC and MKZ replacements (with names). That leaves a gap of what the other 2 are........one we're suspecting is either a baby crossover, or a Mach 1 sibling.

Edited by rmc523

Everything is better than expected :wub:

This looks like a legitimate contender against top flight European competitors.

Except the screen looks like an afterthought. It should be integrated like the Volvo XC90. Vertical air vents would also be more logical.

Except the screen looks like an afterthought. It should be integrated like the Volvo XC90. Vertical air vents would also be more logical.

That’s the new trend in interiors - to have a floating screen like that. Mercedes and others are already doing it.

I think it makes for a cleaner dash design and more space behind it and it allows more freedom with the actual screen design and size.

That’s the new trend in interiors - to have a floating screen like that. Mercedes and others are already doing it.

I think it makes for a cleaner dash design and more space behind it and it allows more freedom with the actual screen design and size.

Precisely this. Look no further than the Tesla Model 3, which has a big floating screen and not much else and stands in contrast to the giant, integrated screen of the S. There might be kudos to won by having it retract when the car shuts off, but that has a large number of potential pitfalls so I find it pretty unlikely.

The Lincoln Motor lineup should be like this:

Crossovers/SUVs

Baby MKC (B)

MKC ©

Nautilus ©

Aviator (CD6)

Navigator (T3)

Sedans

MKZ (CD6)

Continental (CD6)

Nautilus would be on CD6 too.

I bet:

MKC refreshed

Nautilus

MKZ CD6

Baby crossover

4 vehicles ;)

You're probably right.

What happened to the 2nd mystery vehicle?

What mystery 2nd vehicle?

I’m getting mixed signals on whether Nautilus moves to CD6. Dueling insiders.

I can't see how it wouldn't be.

Coming back from show now, will post some pics later. The two new utilities before 2020 are this and I believe the MKC replacement, with additional 4 after 2020...but they didnt say utilities so theres some hope some will be actual cars!

I agree in thinking the 2nd utility is MKC's named replacement.

next-gen MKZ and Nautilus have to be 2 of the 4, and I think a next gen Conti is the 3rd.

MKT was the most obsolete vehicle in the Lincoln portfolio. Now this have its successor, the Aviator. There is the MKZ, which has been on the market since 2013 with the same unchanged rear back. I believe that in 2019 comes the concept version of MKZ and, at the end of 2019, the MKZ CD6 successor renamed

The Mercedes is more fluid with their screen even if not completely integrated in the dash. This looks like they simply plopped it up with no fore-thought. The "horizontal" theme is not ideal for the vents, people in the front are vertical, the dash just looks half baked. Form should not take priority over function.