• Custom Search

Sign in to follow this  
sullynd

Ford discontinues Vehicle Health Reports for 2008-2016 MY

Just received this email. Nice of them.

We'd like to thank you for registering this email to receive complimentary Vehicle Health Reports for your 2015 Ford Edge. We hope that you have enjoyed this service that we've offered over the years to Owners of 2008 - 2016 Model Year Ford SYNC®-equipped vehicles. Unfortunately, the necessary decision has been made to discontinue this service and we want to make sure that you're aware of how this impacts your receipt of the reports. Consistent with the Terms & Conditions in the user agreement and starting August 1st, 2018, this change will result in the following:

Vehicle Health Information will no longer be sent through the mobile phone associated with this account

Vehicle Health Reports will no longer be sent to this Email

Vehicle Health Reports will no longer be available on the Ford Owner website

For more information regarding this change, including alternative ways to obtain Vehicle Health information, please review this Frequently Asked Questions page on the Ford Owner site.

Again, we appreciate you taking advantage of this complimentary service that we've brought to Ford Owners over the years and want you to know that you can still take advantage of the many technology features available in your vehicle. If you are not already aware of these features, click here and select the Year, Make, and Model of your vehicle to find out what options are available.

Thank you for being a member of our Ford family and we look forward to our next opportunity to serve you!

We got the same thing for our '09 Flex. When we have run them, they've been rather uninformative. "Everything is OK."

I liked them because it automatically updated my mileage in my ford online account. Was handy to keep track of my mileage. Otherwise was pretty useless.

I just cant imagine what it took resource wise compared to potential loss of customer good will.

It was not a valuable feature to most people and I doubt more than 2% of people actually used it, it has been thoroughly antiquated. SyncConnect has largely replaced it on their newer vehicles which is vastly more useful. All three of my 2018 Fords/Lincolns have it now and it's pretty awesome.

Edited by Assimilator

My insurance company sent me an email to run it twice a year, "within the next 10 days", to get my odometer reading directly from Ford. The implication was that if I didn't run it my rate would go up.

My insurance company sent me an email to run it twice a year, "within the next 10 days", to get my odometer reading directly from Ford. The implication was that if I didn't run it my rate would go up.

Well that sounds like all kinds of bullshit

Well that sounds like all kinds of bullshit

I know State Farm offers a lower rate if you don't travel too many miles. They've sent me a form twice to send in my odometer reading.

Never used it anyway.

I run it when my car asks. I just think its bad PR for people to think theyve lost a feature, even if the feature was of minimal use.

It also probably helped push people to dealers for maintenance.

I know State Farm offers a lower rate if you don't travel too many miles. They've sent me a form twice to send in my odometer reading.

State Farm has a lower rate if you drive less than 7500 miles per year. Getting the odometer reading from Ford is how they verify that. For other manufacturers they use a different method.

I have not received the VHR letter yet. Actually VHR is not needed for an Energi since Ford always knows the odometer reading in real time from the built-in data modem.

I have had State Farm for years. Not once have they ever asked for an odometer reading

All depends on what you sign up for. My in laws get a discount because onstar provides mileage to them.

I wonder if its a state by state thing

We dont get discounts for shit here in Michigan

Its probably something you have to ask for... I know someone who was pissed because they have Allstate, and Allstate talks about accident forgiveness in their ads. They found out once they had an accident that their chosen plan didnt offer it, but could have if they paid some nominal amount.

There are some companies which offer reduced rates if you install an OBD Nanny that reports on you for instance. VHR/Onstar isnt really different.

On 4/18/2018 at 7:32 PM, sullynd said:

I run it when my car asks. I just think its bad PR for people to think theyve lost a feature, even if the feature was of minimal use.

It also probably helped push people to dealers for maintenance.

These are why Ford should have kept it around. Getting people into dealerships for maintenance is a huge boon and the idea that your old touchscreen still talks to your phone is a cool feature that could be a selling point for CPO cars.

It's not like there was some employee doing these tasks, these had to be automated and only took up server space.

Problems like this are why people are apprehensive about buying used cars with big touchscreens that control everything. What do you do when the manufacturer stops supporting it and something happens?