2018 BL Navigator - Lincoln Play Rear Seat Entertainment

Picking up my 2018 BL navigator , Chroma crystal blue / yacht club theme on Friday after 7 months of wait. Yes had to wait for the pass thru option on a Black Label. Those who have rear seat entertainmet package , are you happy with the option ?

1) Can you use your mobile phone data as wifi hotspot and stream contents using Roku etc or need to use system In vehicle wifi hotspot option only from At&t ? I also read that you cannot stream Netflix / youtube etch from your iPhone / android phones / tablets to the screens. Only movies / videos stored on the phone / can be streamed to screens. Is this correct ? So the only option is to use a Roku / chrome cast via hdmi and stream ?

2) Is At&t only the option for In Vehicle WiFI hotspot or we can use Tmobile also ? At&t is charging $20/month , anyone knows Tmobile price ?

Thanks !

Furst let me take this chance to say hello and thank everyone on the navi forum for their awsome input. Even though i signed up just today i have been reading you guys for months.

I finally recieved my navi 2days ago and i am in bliss.

Now on topic and sorry for the hijack.

1. I am pretty certain that you can connect any wifi and it should work even if it is nit the built in one.

As formstresming content like netflix etc this is true you cannot stream it to the screens. You will need a chromecast or roku etc via the hdmi to do so.

2. As far as i have read into it the builtin modem, the car connects to the internet regardless of wifi (meaning if you turn the wifi off). I read somewhere that the connection is for 5 years from purchace for the remote start, monitor, location services. I imagine this is tied to the modem and hense to the att connection. I do not think it is possible to change a sim card and swap it for say.... t mobile.

That said if anyone know better please let me know because i use t Mobile too. :)

Picking up my 2018 BL navigator , Chroma crystal blue / yacht club theme on Friday after 7 months of wait. Yes had to wait for the pass thru option on a Black Label. Those who have rear seat entertainmet package , are you happy with the option ?

1) Can you use your mobile phone data as wifi hotspot and stream contents using Roku etc or need to use system In vehicle wifi hotspot option only from At&t ? I also read that you cannot stream Netflix / youtube etch from your iPhone / android phones / tablets to the screens. Only movies / videos stored on the phone / can be streamed to screens. Is this correct ? So the only option is to use a Roku / chrome cast via hdmi and stream ?

2) Is At&t only the option for In Vehicle WiFI hotspot or we can use Tmobile also ? At&t is charging $20/month , anyone knows Tmobile price ?

Thanks !

We have the 18 R Navigator L with the Entertainment Package. Very happy with the Entertainment Option. My understanding is you have to use the baked in ATT. I went with the built in ATT $20 a month. We use the Roku Stick and our boys watch Netflix, Hulu etc... while we travel. Streaming Roku works well but I'm sure Google and Amazon Sticks work too.

We have the 18 R Navigator L with the Entertainment Package. Very happy with the Entertainment Option. My understanding is you have to use the baked in ATT. I went with the built in ATT $20 a month. We use the Roku Stick and our boys watch Netflix, Hulu etc... while we travel. Streaming Roku works well but I'm sure Google and Amazon Sticks work too.

If you have the friends and family plan from att the car data can be added to that plan, we pay $13 for the car.