2018 order help

Bc160

Can anyone see if the truck has shipped yet? As of now the dealer is telling me it should be here around may 9th. If that's the case I think it would have to be shipped out of the factory by now. Thanks all for your help!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have not, the last update was a week or so ago. The dealer showed an arrival date of around May 9th. Yet again it was not delivered. The zone manager is emailing my dealer telling them that there is a huge shipping backlog and that he has been trying to prioritize the truck for them. Of course nothing is happening and the status of the truck from Ford still shows "awaiting shippment". I also found out that the little dealer I bought the truck from is having to pay insurance and interest on the truck and has been since the completion of the truck in January. In my mind that is definitely not right for Ford to do that to any dealer especially when its them that's holding the truck up. I am still looking for a some good news and hopefully the truck will show up eventually, but I have my doubts

I have not, the last update was a week or so ago. The dealer showed an arrival date of around May 9th. Yet again it was not delivered. The zone manager is emailing my dealer telling them that there is a huge shipping backlog and that he has been trying to prioritize the truck for them. Of course nothing is happening and the status of the truck from Ford still shows "awaiting shippment". I also found out that the little dealer I bought the truck from is having to pay insurance and interest on the truck and has been since the completion of the truck in January. In my mind that is definitely not right for Ford to do that to any dealer especially when its them that's holding the truck up. I am still looking for a some good news and hopefully the truck will show up eventually, but I have my doubts

As someone waiting for delivery, your story is quite freightening!! Sure hope you get your truck soon & hope your experience is super unusual.

I'm sorry you are having so many problems. I'm not buying the dealer paying insurance and interest on the truck. We haven't ran a truck in a week due to parts shortage. Our inventory at the plant is getting smaller. I will text your vin # to a friend and see what he can dig up.

Edited by waloud

Ford doesn't get paid for the vehicle until it's delivered to the dealership and the dealership has no expenses or liability for the vehicle until it's received from Ford and they sign the Bill of Lading. Most dealerships finance their inventory through what's called a floorplan credit line but the vehicle expense again doesn't go on the floorplan line until the vehicle is delivered to the dealership and the Bill of Lading signed. Vehicle was built in January and still not shipped? If so, something else is going on and the matter should have been escalated further up the chain at Ford long ago. And your Dealer should have re-ordered the truck!

The ford dealer said the were paying insurance and interest fees. However it sounds as though that may not be correct. The dealer is super small and really can't afford to absorb the cost of the vehicle and just order another one. Since they are family friends I'm holding out and trying to help the dealer out as well.at least the dealer is holding the value of my trade in so they are trying. I'm still puzzled with Ford as to why the wont let my dealer fly out and pick the truck up.

From what my dealer says it was built the week of January 8th ame released January 27. I've seen the emails from my dealer and the zone rep. The zone manager keeps blaming the delay on shipping availability. It will be interesting to see if what you can find out will match up.

From what my dealer says it was built the week of January 8th ame released January 27. I've seen the emails from my dealer and the zone rep. The zone manager keeps blaming the delay on shipping availability. It will be interesting to see if what you can find out will match up

Built Jan 11-13, sent to GFX for spray in bedliner and that was finished on the 22. There was issues with the railroad being behind on delivery, but that was fixed at the end of March. My contact put a call into GFX, he is waiting for them to call back. With us being on day to day schedule because of parts shortage, it might be a few days to get a return call. My contact is thinking that GFX might be holding up the process. Hopefully we find out soon. Wished I had better news.

Waloud, any idea why they wont let us go pick the truck up?

I'm sure they have reasons, I have no clue. If i was the dealer, I would be going up the chain of command until I got the answer I wanted. I'm hoping my contact can get some answers.

Waloud,

Have you been able to find any info for me?

GFX received a new invoice and it was released to Jack Cooper for shipping. I'm waiting to hear from my contact to see if any new news. He did put an email out about getting it shipped quickly. With us not running because of parts shortage, people have been off work. I'll try to get with him this week to see if any new updates. Thanks for being patient!