Ford giving up on Fiesta, Focus and Fusion

All variants will be built in Germany, although the sedan will not be sold in some EU markets.

China is the only other confirmed assembly point for the MK4 hatch and sedan, and the only market where the wagon ACTIVE has been shown in a couple of pictures at the auto show there.

Images below are the ones shown at the China MK4 reveal, and the wagon ACTIVE mule spied on the street in the UK. There was zero mention of the wagon ACTIVE at the Europe reveal.

I think the wagon is pretty cool looking. I see no reason that could not do well here. I see a ton of the Subaru wagons (admitted they are the only ones that seem to be able to sell a wagon, which I think it sells because it a Subaru). Just market it as a CUV and of course it must have AWD or forget it. Maybe actually have a marketing campaign at all for once.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

I recently reread articles about the announcement. To me, it sounds like the "whitespace" vehicle might be an Outback-ized next gen Mondeo wagon and/or hatchback, probably called the Fusion Active. So that super secret dealer source might be right.

• Like 2

It was never actually cancelled. It was only scheduled to be cancelled within the next 2-3 years.

Ford just canceled the supplier contracts on the next gen Fusion in North America and Mondeo in Europe.

No cancellation of existing Fusion and Mondeo, or the supplier contracts for next gen Mondeo in China. I'm fairly certain a C2 Mondeo is well under development for sale in China.

The Hermosillo plant could be positioned to build something else by 2022... or continue building Fusion hybrid for fleet sale. It's anyone's guess.

Edited by bzcat
  • Like 1

I recently reread articles about the announcement. To me, it sounds like the "whitespace" vehicle might be an Outback-ized next gen Mondeo wagon and/or hatchback, probably called the Fusion Active. So that super secret dealer source might be right.

Hopefully this is the case since it will be CD6 I'm hoping rwd/awd setup also. Did Ford changed Focus production plans because of the tariffs?.

Man Audi's styling is going down hill...the chunky grill looks awful

I agree. Before this most recent style, they were elegant and more toward the understated look that ages well. Now they're introducing more hard edges and angles, and the results are mixed at best in my eyes.

Audi is not for everybody because it's not the typical luxury-car design, it's a little more technical and stark. Mercedes is doing great things inside and out if you prefer something more overtly ostentatious and luxurious. BMW is just BMW, it's neither here nor there but they are a little Ford-like in their slow design evolution while the others trend more toward innovation and excitement.

Lincoln is starting to show up with interiors like the Navigator, none of their Exterior designs are standouts however and I don't see that changing soon even with Aviator which is attractive but not exactly moving the needle on design originality.

Edited by Assimilator