Ford Social Media Blackout?

I follow Ford and Lincoln on both Facebook and Twitter and noticed that there have been no posts on any of their social media sites since April 20! This is odd considering they have consistently posted at least once daily on all platforms. Does anyone know why this is happening? I did check YouTube and they have posted a lot in the past week which is unusual.

Edited by hbalek
  • Like 2

They go thought times like this through the year sometimes it is only once a month. Looking at the Instagram account they have posted 3 times from March. The ad agency is under review as well. Ford spends billions and their ads suck compared to the industry. They are very stale.

At the risk of beating my own drum, this goes back to my complaint that they didn't have anything to roll out at the same time they killed sedans. They needed a full-court strategy to make the death of sedans look like the actions of an agile and forward-thinking company being agile and forward-thinking. Instead they look look scared and reactionary, with little confidence and little positive for people to latch onto other than "we're reducing costs!" The decisions they're making might all be perfectly sound, even ahead of the curve, but they aren't projecting that at all.

• Like 2

At the risk of beating my own drum, this goes back to my complaint that they didn't have anything to roll out at the same time they killed sedans. They needed a full-court strategy to make the death of sedans look like the actions of an agile and forward-thinking company being agile and forward-thinking. Instead they look look scared and reactionary, with little confidence and little positive for people to latch onto other than "we're reducing costs!" The decisions they're making might all be perfectly sound, even ahead of the curve, but they aren't projecting that at all.

I don't disagree but I think the problem is they're announcing this way too early. Fusion isn't going away until 2020. Why announce that now other than to address the rumor that was leaked earlier? Other than Focus and C-Max which are happening this year I don't think any of that needed to be announced. I think either Hackett himself is trying to please the analysts or he's getting board pressure to do that. Neither is a good sign.

And I agree that it's probably the right move towards better margins. But poorly executed and even more poorly communicated.

I think Ford the last few years has been a constant media disaster from advertising (other than F series) to product intros to future plans.

• Like 2

I don't disagree but I think the problem is they're announcing this way too early. Fusion isn't going away until 2020. Why announce that now other than to address the rumor that was leaked earlier? Other than Focus and C-Max which are happening this year I don't think any of that needed to be announced. I think either Hackett himself is trying to please the analysts or he's getting board pressure to do that. Neither is a good sign.

And I agree that it's probably the right move towards better margins. But poorly executed and even more poorly communicated.

I think Ford the last few years has been a constant media disaster from advertising (other than F series) to product intros to future plans.

They desperately need to overhaul their entire media department
  • Like 4

think about it...Fords sedans consist of but 4 cars....The Taurus has been dead for years....so basically . cars...so basically they are cancelling the Fiesta....and people arent reading...they are dis-continuing sedans as we know them...right there is grounds for massive speculation.......we are becoming a society that instantly jumps to the worst possible conclusion through jumping to conclusions.....

• Like 3

imho, Fomoco deserves every pitchfork & torch & Then Some

for the stoopid way they broached this

finally thought of a metaphor I like:

tell your significant other that you're going to divorce them in 2 years...

...and see how those two years 'GO' for you

*BUT*

file under "Silence is Golden::DUCT TAPE is silver"

where Farley '''walks back''' much of their [kill-all-cars] announcement

Edited by 2b2
  • Like 3

think about it...Fords sedans consist of but 4 cars....The Taurus has been dead for years....so basically . cars...so basically they are cancelling the Fiesta....and people arent reading...they are dis-continuing sedans as we know them...right there is grounds for massive speculation.......we are becoming a society that instantly jumps to the worst possible conclusion through jumping to conclusions.....

14104122fc89eeb67c39bbcb8e0cc992a97418ed

• Like 1

So, in short....when we say sedan....we mean CUV.....

I got the impression that they will bring out some carCars but Only on the new, still-secret electric platformitecture
which
I'm thinking is gonna be more important AND widespread than C2 or cD6 eventually

"They're not going to be traditional silhouetted sedans"

Farley is talking about sedans as crossovers and hatchbacks with increased ride height not sedans as three box cars...

For argument's sake, a NG Mondeo "Active" 5-door or S/W with increased ride height is no longer a car.....

Edited by jpd80

^ remember these are the guys who thought the USRanger looks completely diff from the RotW one

ange003.gif

and go look at the comments whenever Ford posts anything about the new Ranger.

For even more hilarity, go to the initial Facebook post the day of the NAIAS reveal. It is mind numbingly stupid

• Like 1