2019 Ford Focus is already in production! See below:

• 1 month later...

Focus Active wagon :wub::flirt::love_shower:

Looks like Active will be just like Vignale or ST-line... available across the board in all body styles

DgpQXO_WsAA_jZ2.jpg

That looks more like the hatch than a wagon.

Or is there extra glass along the side?

Edited by jpd80

That looks more like the hatch than a wagon.

Or is there extra glass along the side?

definitely wagon

remember the new Focus, hatch OR sedan, has No side-glass behind the reardoor

(my favorite design 'feature')

• Like 1

definitely wagon

remember the new Focus, hatch OR sedan, has No side-glass behind the reardoor

(my favorite design 'feature')

Thanks for the reminder, I looked up new Focus station wagon after I posed and... :doh:

So Focus Active in Hatch and S/W....interesting and will the US get both....

(Correction: I had Fiesta instead of Focus)

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1

are The NAFTA plants also affected?

Today no, tomorrow who knows. However if NAFTA plants get affected it wont matter as the US be in a depression and rest of the world will be in a bad recession. No one will be buying cars or trucks anyways.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

How you gonna call it active and not include awd?

And they will wonder why they cant get people that buy a crosstek (no awd) to look at it and why C-HR customers wont look at it (boring styling) so youre taking the worst 2 aspects of your competition and making it your vehicle.

Maybe they're going after Focus buyers with a different package that's a bit more like a crossover.

It's not like Ford has to compete directly with Crosstek, the Focus Active may be an easy sell.

Let's not forget that there's also short C Utility coming to deal with Crosstek and HR-V

Edited by jpd80

And they will wonder why they cant get people that buy a crosstek (no awd) to look at it and why C-HR customers wont look at it (boring styling) so youre taking the worst 2 aspects of your competition and making it your vehicle.

I agree, I think its a mistake not to include awd. That tells me they arent very serious about going after the Crosstrek. With that said, people may still buy it anyway since most probably buy on looks anyway.

I'm surprised they didn't make the Focus Active available with AWD, it will have nearly the same starting price as the Crosstrek which gets AWD standard. Either way the Focus Active is really more Focus than Active anyway, I think it's mostly geared toward Ford customers instead of Subaru.

Edited by Assimilator
  • Like 1

^^^^^^^ What he said,

Focus Active is to get the last of the Focus FWD buyers into an affordable crossover....

(Maverick) Short C Utility being built in Mexico will be going after Crosstrek type buyers

but not those looking for a $23k entry level AWD special, more the $25K-$28K zone.

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1

^^^^^^^ What he said,

Focus Active is to get the last of the Focus FWD buyers into an affordable crossover....

(Maverick) Short C Utility being built in Mexico will be going after Crosstrek type buyers

but not those looking for a $23k entry level AWD special, more the $25K-$28K zone.

The problem is the Escape is sitting at that price point currently. I'd venture to say most sales of the Escape are in the $25-30K range from what I've seen on dealer lots before incentives.

The Focus Active is going to slot under the 20K price point-it will be the wagon alternative to CUV lineup. The current Focus starts at $15K or so, so that's quite an improvement and the Crosstek starts at 21K-so I can see Ford undercutting it a bit due to lack of AWD. Plus it would keep it from competing with the Escape/Maverick to a point.

I see Ford's lineup/price points something like this:

Courier CUV (if it makes it to NA)

EcoSport (depends on what the deal is with the Courier CUV)

Focus Active

Maverick/Baby Bronco

Escape

Fusion Active

Edge

Bronco

Explorer

Mach1 or whatever they are going to call it

Expedition