2019 Mustang Order Status/Scheduling

Delphiexec

On 12/10/2018 at 11:09 PM, StromSpeed said:

Well, definitely not what I wanted to hear. 

Received the call from my general manger today and I got the “why” my car has no ETA: it was damaged in transit from the factory to the body shop at Flat Rock. So much damage apparently, that I now have to reorder my car again!! Yes, start over and re-order a new VIN!! ?

So after placing my first order 7/28, I now have a second order placed today 12/10 for the exact same build. They are estimating 2-3 months; they said they will do what they can to expedite. 

Wish you all well in getting your cars folks, and pray this doesn’t happen to anyone else. 

I am so sorry to see this. I do hope you get your car sooner than you think. Good luck to you!

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, AGM2018 said:

Good afternoon fellow 'Stang aficionados! Is there an average time to receive a VIN after placing a factory order? My salesman told me about two weeks. Does that sound "in-the-ballpark" and reasonable? Thanks!

It depends on a Dealer's Mustang allocation which changes every month. There's lots of information online here at BOF about the ordering and scheduling process which will answer a lot of those questions.

• 2 weeks later...

In 10 days, I received my VIN. My dealer told me not to worry about allocation. They have a big rolling number of cars that are selled every month. I think going to a bigger dealer is worth it. Or else, you could get caught with that allocation problem.

On 2/13/2019 at 6:21 PM, AGM2018 said:

Good afternoon fellow 'Stang aficionados! Is there an average time to receive a VIN after placing a factory order? My salesman told me about two weeks. Does that sound "in-the-ballpark" and reasonable? Thanks!

2-4 weeks.  It depends mostly on when the dealership actually processed their order(s).  Usually it takes 2 weeks from that time, not from when you placed the order at the dealership.  My dealership took a week to process their orders and from that date, it took almost 2 weeks to get my VIN.

10 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I was right about the steering wheel shortage being related to the strike in Mexico 

https://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/2019/02/25/ford-mustang-explorer-no-steering-wheels-mexico-strike/2984225002/

I never had any doubt.  I do believe I'm in steering wheel purgatory myself (stuck at "In Production / Produced" since the 18th).  Still, considering our current and immediately forecast weather, the car's safer sitting at the factory than on the road here.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi folks

Thank you for this thread. I ordered mine Mustang GT (in Europe) in December 2018. Sells gentelman told me, because of Magnaride, the delivery is estimated on October 2019, so 10 months later. Now I am reading this stuff about strikes in mexico, Flat Rock issues, steering wheels shortages etc and I start thinking the delivery can be delayed even further. So far it's been almost 4 months after ordering it in the dealership but I have absolutely ZERO information about my car. I have only contract number but no production date, no production number no other things. So, because of all the issues with the production, I wonder if I will get the 2019 or 2020 model? Do you think it's possible my order to be delayed so much that it will fall into 2020 MY production schedule? Do we have any info about specs and features of 2020 model year, what are differences compared to 2019?

• 2 weeks later...

I can get my own steering wheel, just need my car almost 5 months now, unexceptable !!!!

Actually would swap in GT350 steering wheel, but would have to give up heated wheel which i don't need, but car has it, and it probably would bother me to give up something i paided for.

The steering wheel situation is getting resolved.

My GT came off the line without a steering wheel and went to the side on 2/18.  It got a wheel and was released to shipping on 3/16, and is now in transit.  It may take a while, but they're getting there.

Depending on my mood, I may have some fun with my salesman by getting in the car at delivery and yelling "Hey!  The wheels not straight!"  ?