Production Week Scheduling Information

7 minutes ago, Aufwand said:

Hope this is the correct thread to post....  I've had a VIN for about 3 weeks and one of the tracking sites says the status is scheduled to week.  Problem is, no one (not even the dealer) is able to tell me the production week.  Is this normal?

If you're looking for tracking information for your VIN number you can post a request in the "Vehicle Locator by Ford Employees" forum. Make sure that you read the rules before making a request. 

Your Dealer has 24/7 access to the Vehicle Visibility program that provides the latest status information for ever order placed by them. After having a VIN number for 3 weeks they should most certainly have the production week information. The estimated production week information would also have been available on the day that the vehicle was scheduled and the VIN number assigned. 

Can I ask a question about this purely to cure my curiosity? 

If a vehicle is scheduled for 9/21/2020, but was previously scheduled for 9/7/2020-9/14/2020, and previously scheduled for 8/31/2020. Does that mean that the plant is only building that particular vehicle in that week because it is building other vehicles in that same plant other weeks? Also did the build week date go from 8/31 to 9/14 because they delayed the build week because of more orders for that particular vehicle came in and they needed more time to build them. 

This is all fairly confusing to me and the curiosity of the procedure in which this is all done is killing me. Nothing urgent just enquiring mind that wants to know. 

50 minutes ago, Superduty Cajun said:

Can I ask a question about this purely to cure my curiosity? 

If a vehicle is scheduled for 9/21/2020, but was previously scheduled for 9/7/2020-9/14/2020, and previously scheduled for 8/31/2020. Does that mean that the plant is only building that particular vehicle in that week because it is building other vehicles in that same plant other weeks? Also did the build week date go from 8/31 to 9/14 because they delayed the build week because of more orders for that particular vehicle came in and they needed more time to build them. 

This is all fairly confusing to me and the curiosity of the procedure in which this is all done is killing me. Nothing urgent just enquiring mind that wants to know. 

It means that Expeditions that are scheduled for production this week will get built the week of 9/21.   When they fill up the orders for that week they move to the next week 9/28.  So it just depends on how many orders are in queue and how many new ones come in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tl99cobra said:

I ordered a 2021 aviator on july24.  Help me interprete the above. So as of this week, they are scheduling builds for oct 5 and 12? And they only started scheduling 2021 builds on August 7th?

thanks.

Correct but per the latest FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) 2021MY Aviator scheduling did not start until 08/13/2020. 

Forgive my ignorance, but what does "No Scheduling" and "Cleanup Scheduling" mean?  "No Scheduling" doesn't mean the plant isn't running, I presume - just that they're executing previously scheduled builds.

Thanks for providing this interesting insight!

21 hours ago, MadManMoon said:

Forgive my ignorance, but what does "No Scheduling" and "Cleanup Scheduling" mean?  "No Scheduling" doesn't mean the plant isn't running, I presume - just that they're executing previously scheduled builds.

Thanks for providing this interesting insight!

Yes... "No Scheduling" has nothing to do with a plant's operating status. Some vehicle lines schedule a whole month's allocation at one time. Other vehicle lines schedule on a weekly basis until they get changed to the newer WBDO OTD scheduling model. "Cleanup" scheduling is just completing scheduling that wasn't finished the previous week due to commodity issues.  

• Like 1

ANNOUNCEMENT & NOTICE TO BOF MEMBERS… After nearly 35 years managing the new vehicle inventory and running the in-house advertising agency for the Dealer Principal’s automotive and non-automotive (real estate development, air charter, Arabian horses, etc.) interests over the years, in addition to my 15-year history in the entertainment business along with my advertising production background, I have resigned my position effective September 5, 2020.

I will still be available to provide services to the dealership as needed but don’t know how long afterwards that I’ll have access to the FMCDealer.com portal, the Ford Fleet site, etc. I’ll continue to provide my services here on BOF for as long as possible but wanted to let everyone know that my status will be changing soon.

I’ll upload the revised Ford and Lincoln Order Guides that are available as of September 1st and update the Production Scheduling Information that I provide weekly as long as I have access to that information. The same applies to providing vehicle Window Stickers.

I won’t disappear and will continue to provide whatever assistance I can to help the BOF members.

Now after all these years I have to become a customer and decide what to do for a vehicle to drive! I’m considering a “D Plan” 2-year, low mileage lease on the 2020 Mustang EcoBoost Fastback I’ve been driving (#101A, Automatic, Safe & Smart, Navigation). The other option is a 2020 EcoSport SES or Titanium AWD w/Navigation only because of the $6-7,000 incentives being advertised by Ford. I’ve driven nothing but Mustang’s for my company car since 2004 and driven GT’s 95% of the time but now I’m looking at it all from a consumer perspective… monthly payments, insurance costs, taxes, etc. I’ll probably do a deal on the Mustang but will still have to consider the options even though I really hate the idea of driving an SUV.

• Like 2

New York Ford Region - Scheduling Notes

Scheduling Notes –

• The Super Duty clean up note will be delayed until tomorrow, Wednesday, September 2nd.  Please continue to enter orders in WBDO today and use tomorrow’s clean up note, along with your AM Previews to manage your order banks.
  • 21MY F150 Diesel Engine – The F-150 3.0L V6 Power Stoke® Diesel engine (991) is a late availability option, and upon introduction, we will not offer a 4x2 with diesel engine configuration for the 21MY.
  • 20MY Super Duty SIMS Orders**UPDATE** The Super Duty SIMS orders that were created and released this morning will be purged from your dealer order banks today.  New Super Duty SIMS orders will be created and released by tomorrow morning for your review.
  • On Thursday, September 3, EcoSport orders will not be selected for scheduling.
  • 20MY Edge, 20MY Escape, 21MY Bronco Sport, 21MY Mach-E and 20MY Mustang OTD A cleanup commit will be processed on Thursday, September 3.  Please ensure your orders are dressed prior to Thursday’s commit.
  • 2021MY Bronco Sport & 21MY Mach-E –  21MY Bronco Sport and 21MY Mach-E retail orders will not be selected for scheduling until further notice. 

Balance Out Information:

• 20MY Mustang Early Balance Out Option – Please note that orders with the Mustang GT Performance Pkg (67G) will no longer be selected for scheduling.  This option has balanced out for 20MY.
  • 20MY Super Duty Balance Out – Final 2020 MY Super Duty orders were due on Thursday, August 20.  Spec changes and cancellation were shut off on Thursday, August 20.
  • 20MY Expedition Balance Out – Final 2020 MY Expedition orders are due on Thursday, September 24.  Spec changes and cancellation will be shut off on Thursday, September 24.
  • 20MY Ranger Balance Out – Final 2020 MY Ranger orders are due on Thursday, September 24.  Spec changes and cancellation will be shut off on Thursday, September 24.
  • 20MY Transit Early Balance Out Paints – Final orders with Magnetic (J7), Green Gem (W6), and Diffused Silver (FK) paints will be Thursday, November 19.  Spec changes and cancellations will be shut off on Thursday, November 19.