Production Week Scheduling Information

Don't know where to ask this question.

Ordered an F350 on 7/6/20, got the VIN the following week. Based on the posts above, it looked like it was scheduled for the week of 8/31. Followed it on alumizilla.com as it went to Scheduled to Week and then Scheduled to Day. But on Friday 9/4 it changed to In Order Processing and has been that way ever since. Any clue what happened?

3 hours ago, ekear said:

Don't know where to ask this question.

Ordered an F350 on 7/6/20, got the VIN the following week. Based on the posts above, it looked like it was scheduled for the week of 8/31. Followed it on alumizilla.com as it went to Scheduled to Week and then Scheduled to Day. But on Friday 9/4 it changed to In Order Processing and has been that way ever since. Any clue what happened?

First advice is always to contact your Dealer as they have 24/7 access to vehicle status updates. It's unusual for scheduled units to change scheduling status so late in the process but there may have been a commodity or other issue. Your Dealer will have access to that information or be able to contact their Zone Manager or Regional Scheduler for assistance. I do not recommend relying on third party sites for status information. 

The scheduling notes below are for the New York Region specifically but may apply to the other regions as well.

• MAKE SURE THESE ORDERS HAVE BEEN REVIEWED FROM THE SELECTION DURING WHOLESALE:
    • 20MY Edge, 20MY Escape, 20MY Mustang, 21MY Bronco Sport, and 21MY Mach-E OTD - The extended dressing period for OTD Fitness orders is Monday, September 14 – Wednesday, September 23.  Scheduling will resume this Thursday, September 24 for the production period.  Please note that Dealer entered retail orders (not OTD Fitness orders converted to retail orders) will be scheduled this week above dealer allocation excluding Bronco Sport and Mach-E.  Escape PHEV retail orders will not be selected for scheduling this week.
  • 2021MY Bronco Sport & 21MY Mach-E –  21MY Bronco Sport and 21MY Mach-E retail orders will not be selected for scheduling until further notice.
  • 21MY Super Duty Retail Scheduling 21MY Super Duty retail orders will begin scheduling this week.  However, until OK To Buy is achieved, orders will not ship.
  • 21MY Bronco Sport Paints – Rapid Red (D4), Alto Blue (L3), & Cyber Orange (SB) late availability paints will be available to schedule on Thursday, October 22nd.  Dealers will be able to amend orders into these paints during the extended dressing, beginning on Monday, October 12th.
  • 2021MY Bronco Sport Big Bend Package –  The Big Bend Package (96P) will not be available on 21MY Bronco Sport until further notice.
  • Mustang Performance Pkg #2 “Tremor Package” – Only retail Mustang orders with the Performance Pkg #2 “Tremor Pkg” (673) will be selected for scheduling.

Balance Out Information:

• 20MY Mustang Early Balance Out Option – Final orders with the Performance Pkg #2 (Tremor Pkg) (673) will be Thursday, September 24.
  • 20MY Expedition Balance Out – Final 2020 MY Expedition orders are due on Thursday, October 1.  Spec changes and cancellation will be shut off on Thursday, October 1.
  • 20MY Ranger Balance Out – Final 2020 MY Ranger orders are due on Thursday, October 1.  Spec changes and cancellation will be shut off on Thursday, October 1.
  • 20MY Escape OTD Retails - Final Escape retails for 2020 MY will be due Monday, October 19th
  • 20MY Transit Early Balance Out PaintsFinal orders with Magnetic (J7), Green Gem (W6), and Diffused Silver (FK) paints will be Thursday, November 19.  Spec changes and cancellations will be shut off on Thursday, November 19.
  • 20MY Mustang Early Balance Out OptionPlease note that orders with the Mustang GT Performance Pkg (67G) will no longer be selected for scheduling.  This option has balanced out for 20MY.

2020 MY Super Duty has balanced out.  Spec changes and cancellations have been shut off.

The scheduling notes below are for the New York Region specifically but may apply to the other regions as well.

Scheduling Notes –

• 20MY Expedition Long Wheelbase Orders Needed – Through the remainder of 20MY Expedition Balance Out, only long wheelbase orders will be selected for scheduling (XLT 4x2 (K1H) or XLT 4x4 (K1J), Limited 4x2 (K1K) or Limited 4x4 (K2A), King Ranch 4x2 (K1N), King Ranch 4x4 (K1P), Platinum 4x2 (K1L) or Platinum 4x4 (K1M).  Short wheelbases have balanced out.
  • 20MY Edge, 20MY Mustang, 21MY Bronco Sport, and 21MY Mach-E OTD - A cleanup commit will be processed on Thursday, October 1.  Please ensure your orders are dressed prior to Thursday’s commit. 
  • On Thursday, October 1, EcoSport, Escape and F-150 orders will not be selected for scheduling.
  • 2021MY Bronco Sport & 21MY Mach-E –  21MY Bronco Sport and 21MY Mach-E retail orders will not be selected for scheduling until further notice.
  • 21MY Bronco Sport Paints – Rapid Red (D4), Alto Blue (L3), & Cyber Orange (SB) late availability paints will be available to schedule on Thursday, October 22nd.  Dealers will be able to amend orders into these paints during the extended dressing, beginning on Monday, October 12th.
  • 2021MY Bronco Sport Big Bend Package –  The Big Bend Package (96P) will not be available on 21MY Bronco Sport until further notice.

Balance Out Information:

• 20MY Expedition Balance Out – Final 2020 MY Expedition orders are due on Thursday, October 1.  Spec changes and cancellation will be shut off on Thursday, October 1.   Through the remainder of 20MY Expedition Balance Out, only long wheelbase orders will be selected for scheduling (XLT 4x2 (K1H) or XLT 4x4 (K1J), Limited 4x2 (K1K) or Limited 4x4 (K2A), King Ranch 4x2 (K1N), King Ranch 4x4 (K1P), Platinum 4x2 (K1L) or Platinum 4x4 (K1M).  Short wheelbases have balanced out.
  • 20MY Ranger Balance Out – Final 2020 MY Ranger orders are due on Thursday, October 1.  Spec changes and cancellation will be shut off on Thursday, October 1.
  • 20MY Escape OTD Retails - Final Escape retails for 2020 MY will be due Monday, October 19th
  • 20MY Transit Early Balance Out PaintsFinal orders with Magnetic (J7), Green Gem (W6), and Diffused Silver (FK) paints will be Thursday, November 19.  Spec changes and cancellations will be shut off on Thursday, November 19.
  • 20MY Mustang Early Balance Out OptionsPlease note that orders with the Mustang GT Performance Pkg (67G) and the Performance Pkg #2 (Tremor Pkg – 673) will no longer be selected for scheduling.  These options have balanced out for 20MY.

1 hour ago, Paradise said:

I saw this. But for me "soon" is not January. And why do they start Corsair PHEV in november? Is there enough Corsair PHEV to fill the production line for 2 months?

https://fordauthority.com/2020/09/ford-escape-phev-production-dates-revealed/?fbclid=IwAR3_lKX8opmBJQlbBQMf7nQ3ubvM19YTC0NgccKB3emRuK0-23xJfTDJtec

The article specifically indicates January 2021:

image.png.0ee5c35902a080f47f7cac705260f61d.png

5 hours ago, Snoopy49 said:

When does the order bank open for the 2021 MY Mustang and does the Shelby order bank open at the same time?

Thanks

Per Friday's FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) below is the updated 2020/2021MY Mustang timetable.

• 10/02/2020 - 2020MY Final Fleet Order Due Date
  • 10/15/2020 - 2020MY Last Day to Spec Change
  • 12/16/2020 - 2020MY Balance Out Date

• 10/12/2020 - 2021MY Order Bank Open Date
  • 11/19/2020 - 2021MY Scheduling Begins
  • 01/04/2021 - 2021MY Job #1 Date

The same schedule applies to the Shelby models. 

The vehicle scheduling and production timetables are posted in the individual vehicle forums.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

So what does that mean exactly?

It's just an example of the information regarding the dealership ordering and scheduling process for vehicle lines that are part of the newer WBDO scheduling process and the related wholesale commitment.   

• Like 1

Escape PHEV Production Moving to 2021MY (Notice to Ford Dealers)

SUMMARY

After initially planning to sell Escape PHEV in 2020 as a 2020 MY vehicle, a decision has been made to shift Escape PHEV production to the 2021 MY on sale in the first half of 2021.

KEY MESSAGES

• We are moving full scale production of Escape PHEV to the 2021 MY. The first Escape PHEVs will be sold in the first half of 2021.
  • We are moving production to next year while we work with the battery cell supplier to supply batteries for the 2021 MY Escape PHEV
  • Quality is a top priority. Customers love the all-new Escape and Escape Hybrid, which earned top honors in the J.D. Power 2020 APEAL Study. We are targeting to launch the Escape PHEV next year with this same level of quality.

Scheduling Notes for New York Region 

• Ranger SIMS Order Recommendations – The Ranger SIMS orders that were created this weekend will be purged from your dealer order banks today.  New Ranger SIMS orders will be created and released by tomorrow morning for your review.
  • 20MY Expedition Long Wheelbase Orders Needed – Through the remainder of 20MY Expedition Balance Out, only long wheelbase orders will be selected for scheduling (XLT 4x2 (K1H) or XLT 4x4 (K1J), Limited 4x2 (K1K) or Limited 4x4 (K2A), King Ranch 4x2 (K1N), King Ranch 4x4 (K1P), Platinum 4x2 (K1L) or Platinum 4x4 (K1M).  Short wheelbases have balanced out.
  • Escape PHEV Announcement - We are moving full scale production of Escape PHEV to the 2021 model year. The first Escape PHEVs will be sold next year.  If you need detailed information, please contact your zone manager.
  • 20MY Edge, 20MY Escape, 20MY Mustang and 21MY Bronco Sport OTD - A cleanup commit will be processed on Thursday, October 8.  Please ensure your orders are dressed prior to Thursday’s commit. 
  • On Thursday, October 8, EcoSport and Mach-E orders will not be selected for scheduling.
  • Balance to go SIMS orders have been created for Explorer, Expedition, F150 & Ranger using commodities still available for the week at the plant.
  • The Okay to Buy has been achieved for 21MY Explorer.  Orders will now begin to ship.
  • 20MY Transit Orders with Power Sliding Door (65C) and GAWR Axle – 20MY Transit orders with the Power Sliding Door (65C) and the GAWR axle are not being selected for scheduling.  For orders to schedule, please either change the order from a dual rear wheel into a single rear wheel OR remove the heavy duty axle (41E). 
  • 21MY Bronco Sport Paints (UPDATE) – Dealers are now able to amend unscheduled orders to Rapid Red (D4), Alto Blue (L3), & Cyber Orange (SB) paints in WBDO.  Previously scheduled orders are not able to be amended in to these paints. 

Balance Out Information:

• 20MY Expedition Balance Out – Final 2020 MY Expedition orders were due on Thursday, October 1.  Spec changes and cancellation were shut off on Thursday, October 1.   Through the remainder of 20MY Expedition Balance Out, only long wheelbase orders will be selected for scheduling (XLT 4x2 (K1H) or XLT 4x4 (K1J), Limited 4x2 (K1K) or Limited 4x4 (K2A), King Ranch 4x2 (K1N), King Ranch 4x4 (K1P), Platinum 4x2 (K1L) or Platinum 4x4 (K1M).  Short wheelbases have balanced out.
  • 20MY Ranger Balance Out – Final 2020 MY Ranger orders were due on Thursday, October 1.  Spec changes and cancellation were shut off on Thursday, October 1.
  • 20MY Edge OTD Retails - Final Edge retails for 2020 MY will be due Monday, October 19th.
  • 20MY Mustang OTD Retails - Final Mustang retails for 2020 MY will be due Monday, October 19th.
  • 20MY Transit Balance OutFinal 20MY Transit orders are due on Thursday, October 22.  Spec changes and cancellations will be shut off on Thursday, October 22.
  • 20MY Transit Early Balance Out Paints (Update)Final orders with Magnetic (J7), Green Gem (W6), and Diffused Silver (FK) paints will be Thursday, October 15..  Spec changes and cancellations will be shut off on Thursday, October 15.

20MY Mustang Early Balance Out OptionsPlease note that orders with the Black Painted Roof (94B), the Black Accent Package (52B), Mustang GT Performance Pkg (67G) and the Performance Pkg #2 (Tremor Pkg – 673) will no longer be selected for scheduling.  These options have balanced out for 20MY.