Production Week Scheduling Information

New York Region Scheduling Notes

20MY Edge, 20MY Escape, and 20MY Mustang OTD Scheduling - The extended dressing period for OTD Fitness orders is Monday, October 12 – Wednesday, October 21.  Scheduling will resume this Thursday, October 22 for the production period.  Please note that Dealer entered retail orders (not OTD Fitness orders converted to retail orders) will be scheduled this week above dealer allocation.  Final 20MY Edge, Escape and Mustang  dealer entered retail orders (not OTD Fitness orders converted to retail) to be scheduled above dealer allocation are due Monday, October 19.

• 21MY Mach-E OTD Scheduling – 21MY Mach-E will resume scheduling on Thursday, October 22.  At that time, reservation retail orders will begin scheduling.
  • 21MY Bronco Sport OTD Scheduling - The extended dressing period for OTD Fitness orders is Monday, October 12 – Wednesday, October 21.  Scheduling will resume on Thursday, October 22 for the production period. We will begin scheduling some 21MY Bronco Sport reservation retail orders this week, above dealer allocation.  However, please be advised that not all of the 21MY Bronco Sport retail orders will be selected for scheduling this production cycle.  Any remaining retail orders that are not selected for scheduling for this production cycle, will be selected when we begin scheduling the January/February production cycle. 
  • 2021MY Bronco Sport Big Bend Options Not Available  Please be advised that the following 21MY Bronco Sport options will not be available in WBDO until further notice:  Big Bend optional 18” Machined-face Aluminum Ebony Black-painted wheel (64M) and the Big Bend Package (96P).  The Big Bend Entity (R9B) is available for scheduling.
  • 21MY Ranger Startup Scheduling 21MY Ranger will begin startup scheduling on Thursday, October 22nd.  Retail orders will begin scheduling this week.  However, until OK To Buy is achieved, orders will not ship.
  • 21MY Ranger Tremor Off Road Package -  The Tremor Off Road Package (91T) on the 21MY Ranger will not be selected for scheduling until further notice.
  • 21MY Expedition Startup Scheduling - 21MY Expedition will begin startup scheduling on Thursday, October 22nd.  Retail orders will begin scheduling this week.  However, until OK To Buy is achieved, orders will not ship. 
  • 20MY Transit Orders with Power Sliding Door (65C) and GAWR Axle – 20MY Transit orders with the Power Sliding Door (65C) and the GAWR axle are not being selected for scheduling.  For orders to schedule, please either change the order from a dual rear wheel into a single rear wheel OR remove the heavy duty axle (41E). 
  • 21MY Explorer Job1 to Job2 Conversion - On Thursday, October 22, Explorer orders will not be selected for scheduling.  This week, Explorer Job1 orders will be converted to Job2 orders.  Scheduling will resume on Thursday, October 29.

Balance Out Information:

• 20MY Transit Balance Out – Final 20MY Transit orders are due on Thursday, October 22.  Spec changes and cancellations will be shut off on Thursday, October 22.
  • 20MY Transit Early Balance Out Paints – Magnetic (J7), Green Gem (W6), and Diffused Silver (FK) paints have balanced out.  Spec changes and cancellations for orders with these paints were shut off on October 15.
  • 20MY Edge/Escape/Mustang OTD Balance Out -Final 20MY Edge, Escape and Mustang dealer entered retail orders (not OTD Fitness orders converted to retail) to be scheduled above dealer allocation are due Monday, October 19. 
  • 20MY Mustang Early Balanced Out OptionsPlease note that orders with the Black Painted Roof (94B), the Black Accent Package (52B) for all orders except orders with Shadow Black (G1) paint or convertible, Mustang GT Performance Pkg (67G) and the Performance Pkg #2 (Tremor Pkg – 673) will no longer be selected for scheduling.  These options have balanced out for 20MY.  Please review unscheduled retail orders and remove the options to allow your orders to schedule.
  • 21MY Explorer Job1 Balance Out Final 21MY Job1 orders were due on Thursday, October 15.  Spec changes and cancellations for Job1 orders will be shut off on Thursday, October 22.
  • 2020 MY Expedition has balanced out.  Spec changes and cancellations have been shut off.
  • 2020 MY Ranger has balanced out.  Spec changes and cancellations have been shut off.

New York Region Scheduling Notes - UPDATED

• Due to an invalid AM Preview, the Navigator clean up note will be delayed until tomorrow, Wednesday, October 21st.  Please continue to enter orders in WBDO today and use tomorrow’s clean up note, along with your AM Previews to manage your order banks.  IT is working to resolve the issue and tomorrow’s AM Previews should include Navigator orders.
  • 20MY Corsair and Nautilus OTD Scheduling.- The extended dressing period for OTD Fitness orders is Monday, October 12 – Wednesday, October 21.  Scheduling will resume on Thursday, October 22 for the production period.  Please note that Dealer entered retail orders (not OTD Fitness orders converted to retail orders) will be scheduled this week above dealer allocation.  
  • 21MY Navigator Startup Scheduling - 21MY Navigator will begin startup scheduling on Thursday, October 22nd.  Retail orders will begin scheduling this week.  However, until OK To Buy is achieved, orders will not ship. 
  • 21MY Navigator Paint – Red Carpet (D4) exterior paint is not available on 21MY Navigator.  Updates to 21MY Order Guide and WBDO pending.
  • 21MY Aviator Job1 to Job2 Conversion - On Thursday, October 22, Aviator orders will not be selected for scheduling.  This week, Aviator Job1 orders will be converted to Job2 orders.  Scheduling will resume on Thursday, October 29.

Balance Out Information:

• 20MY Nautilus OTD Retails - Final 20MY Nautilus dealer entered retail orders (not OTD Fitness orders converted to retail) to be scheduled above dealer allocation are due Monday, October 19. 
  • 21MY Aviator Job1 Balance Out Final 21MY Job1 orders were due on Thursday, October 15.  Spec changes and cancellations for Job1 orders will be shut off on Thursday, October 22.
  • 21MY Corsair Job1 Balance Out Scheduled order amendments will be shut off on Thursday, October 22.
  • 20MY Navigator has balanced out.  Spec changes and cancellation have been shut off. 

So this might be a stupid question or answered somewhere in the middle pages, if so my apologies, Looking right above it says Lincoln Aviator, Scheduling for 12/21/2020 build week. My Aviator still shows as "Unscheduled - Clean". Does that mean that my dealer didn't get an allocation for my Aviator in any of the preceding build weeks and I can know that it won't be built before January 2021? Which I guess also means it won't be delivered until sometime in Feb I guess? I ordered on Sept 29th. 

18 hours ago, Mithras said:

So this might be a stupid question or answered somewhere in the middle pages, if so my apologies, Looking right above it says Lincoln Aviator, Scheduling for 12/21/2020 build week. My Aviator still shows as "Unscheduled - Clean". Does that mean that my dealer didn't get an allocation for my Aviator in any of the preceding build weeks and I can know that it won't be built before January 2021? Which I guess also means it won't be delivered until sometime in Feb I guess? I ordered on Sept 29th. 

Your Dealer might have had other unscheduled retail 2021MY Aviator orders ahead of yours or not had allocation available. And even if your Dealer had allocation available, your "Clean/Unscheduled" order might not have been scheduled due to commodity issues that might have been in place. 2021MY Aviator orders will be scheduling again next Thursday and the following Thursday. 

Good morning @ice-capades, really appreciate all the info that you’ve provided in the Blue Oval Forums. It’s been quite helpful in getting a better understanding what’s going on with Ford manufacturing. One question, does my local Detroit area dealer have access to their regional scheduling notes? How’d you recommend getting a look see? I’ve got a converted reservation for the Bronco Sport and to be honest I’m looking forward to getting it. 

Thanks much!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DinoBronc said:

Good morning @ice-capades, really appreciate all the info that you’ve provided in the Blue Oval Forums. It’s been quite helpful in getting a better understanding what’s going on with Ford manufacturing. One question, does my local Detroit area dealer have access to their regional scheduling notes? How’d you recommend getting a look see? I’ve got a converted reservation for the Bronco Sport and to be honest I’m looking forward to getting it. 

Thanks much!

Thanks! Your Dealer should be receiving the weekly scheduling notes from their regional office although I'd expect a lot of the notes to be applicable nationwide. 

• Like 1

Are there somewhat standardized time periods between a scheduled build date (say scheduled of week x) and delivery date? I would assume that if it's scheduled for a certain week it will usually be built that week and assuming nothing is of issue then it will be put on a rail car and shipped out. Between the build week and the actual date it normally arrives at the dealer is that usually 2 weeks? 3? More?

Sorry for the somewhat inane questions, despite owning a lot of cars over the years I've never bought a new car and even growing up I think my dad did only once (and he had well over 100 different cars over my lifetime!). 

57 minutes ago, Mithras said:

Are there somewhat standardized time periods between a scheduled build date (say scheduled of week x) and delivery date? I would assume that if it's scheduled for a certain week it will usually be built that week and assuming nothing is of issue then it will be put on a rail car and shipped out. Between the build week and the actual date it normally arrives at the dealer is that usually 2 weeks? 3? More?

Sorry for the somewhat inane questions, despite owning a lot of cars over the years I've never bought a new car and even growing up I think my dad did only once (and he had well over 100 different cars over my lifetime!). 

The OTD (Order to Delivery) times varies depending on a number of factors including the order type (Stock, Retail, Plan, Fleet), the vehicle model and plant location, when the order was placed, Dealer allocation, restricted commodities (options), etc.

I won’t go into the allocation and scheduling information here as that information is already online here at BOF in multiple locations.

At the beginning of the Model Year, scheduling is restricted to Dealer stock orders. After the Job #1 Date, production continues until the “Okay to Buy” status is accomplished after 5 consecutive days of production with zero defects. Until then, all units produced are held at the plant for possible repairs. Once the “Okay to Buy” status is reached vehicles are released for shipping and Retail, Plan and Fleet orders are available for scheduling.

Once produced vehicles are released for shipping the average shipping time is approximately 14 days. Once a vehicle arrives at the final rail destination it will be transferred to the car hauling firm that loads it onto a carrier for delivery to the dealership. Depending on the distance from the rail ramp to the dealership, it can take anywhere from a few days to weeks depending on the volume of vehicles available for shipping to the dealership’s area, weather, product holds, etc. This would apply to vehicles produced in the USA or Canada for delivery to dealerships in both countries.

The OTD for many vehicles is 6-8 weeks on average but other vehicle lines take much longer.

• EcoSport – 5-6 Months
  • Transit – 3-3.5 Months
  • Transit Connect – 6 Months
  • Mustang Mach-E – TBD

This is the short answer to your question. Your Dealer can give you a better estimate based on their sales volume, allocation, location and your vehicle specifications including controlled commodities that may affect scheduling.

Ford Dealers have 24/7 access to the Vehicle Visibility program that provides vehicle order scheduling, production and shipping information that is updated every time a vehicle order, production or location status changes.

• Like 1

Thanks! And thanks for the hand-holding for an anxious new owner! When I ordered the dealer told me to anticipate 10-12 weeks for my Aviator (ordered end of Sept. expected mid Dec to early January). Now it looks like best case scenario is at least 16 weeks and they've given me a fraction of the info people here have. 

So thanks again!

Fantastic Ice-capades! I was curious if the “okay to build” had been given. Shortly after seeing your post, I received an email from Ford giving me a build week of February 8. I’ll get my VIN from my dealer tomorrow. I don’t expect to see a window sticker until end of January.

You guys have been a “veritable cornucopia of info”, thanks!

41 minutes ago, DinoBronc said:

Fantastic Ice-capades! I was curious if the “okay to build” had been given. Shortly after seeing your post, I received an email from Ford giving me a build week of February 8. I’ll get my VIN from my dealer tomorrow. I don’t expect to see a window sticker until end of January.

You guys have been a “veritable cornucopia of info”, thanks!

I'll keep checking the Bronco Sport shipping status and will know better once a see a status update showing that our Bronco Sport is actually in transit. If so, that will confirm that the "Okay to Buy" status has been achieved. 

• Thanks 1

Excellent, today there’s been a flurry (yes, winter is coming) of posts on the Bronco Nation and Bronco6G forums of folks with converted reservations receiving emails from Ford giving them build weeks. So hopefully the Hermosillo Ford plant has gotten the OKAY TO BUILD.

By the way, “my” first Ford was an olive green M151A1 MUTT built by Ford. A lot of fun to drive, but it did have a few safety issues. I was an Army MP and investigated more than a few roll-overs. Great capability though, just couldn’t handle sharp turns ?. An issue that the Bronco family will probably not have. 

’Have a great Thanksgiving to all you Blue Oval fans!”

9 hours ago, ice-capades said:

I'll keep checking the Bronco Sport shipping status and will know better once a see a status update showing that our Bronco Sport is actually in transit. If so, that will confirm that the "Okay to Buy" status has been achieved. 

I think this is pretty self explanatory 

Edited by fuzzymoomoo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

FORD SCHEDULING NOTES (NEW YORK REGION) FOR 12/03/2020

• On Thursday, December 3, EcoSport orders will not be selected for scheduling.
  • Bronco Sport OTD Scheduling – Due to commodity constraints on the 18" Machined-face Aluminum Ebony Black Painted Wheel (64M) and the Moonroof, which is included in the Big Bend Package (96P), please consider removing this wheel and/or the Big Bend Package from your Big Bend orders to prevent scheduling delays.  
  • 2021MY Bronco Sport Outer Banks Package –  As communicated during this wholesale, the Outer Banks Package (96T) is a 0% national control, meaning it is not available to amend in WBDO until further notice.  However, the Outer Banks Entity (R9C) is available for scheduling this production cycle.
  • 2021MY Expedition STX Package –  21MY Expedition STX Package (104A Pep Package) will not be selected for scheduling until further notice.
  • 21MY Ranger Tremor Off Road Package -  The Tremor Off Road Package (91T) on the 21MY Ranger will not be selected for scheduling until further notice.