Production Week Scheduling Information

1 hour ago, STDevil said:

Cool!  My truck was scheduled for build the week of February 1. (at least it was when I got the VIN a few days after the order was placed in early December).  Absent any changes with commodities (and I did not order anything unusual), should the on-line order tracking system be showing anything more than "order confirmed"?

The public online tracking site doesn't provide updates as quickly as those available to your dealership. Your dealership has 24/7 access to the Vehicle Visibility system that provides the most up-to-date order status updates regarding order, production and shipping information.  

• Like 1

Thank you ice-capades.  I got a screen shot from the Fleet Manager a few days after the order was placed and it showed all sorts of awesome information.  I sheepishly reached out to him this morning and asked if he could give me an update if it was not too much trouble.  He is a busy guy and I hope he'll be able to take a few minutes to update me without taking time away from making more deals!  He's the Fleet Manager so I know he's got a lot going on.

Anyway, we'll see what happens.  I know everyone appreciates you posting the schedule updates and I do too!

Thanks...

• Thanks 1

Ford Scheduling Notes – New York Region

• Due to the Monday holiday, clean up for non-OTD vehicle lines will be sent on Wednesday, January 20th.
  • On Thursday, January 21, EcoSport, Edge OTD, Escape OTD and Transit Connect will not be selected for scheduling.
  • 21MY Bronco Sport, Mach-E, and Mustang OTD Scheduling - The extended dressing period for OTD Fitness orders is Monday, January 11 – Wednesday, January 20.  Scheduling will resume on Thursday, January 21.
  • 2021MY Bronco Sport
    • Dealers are now able to order/amend the following previously controlled commodities on RETAIL orders in WBDO (these features will continue to be restricted for STOCK orders until further notice):
    • Big Bend Package
    • Outer Banks Package
    • Badlands Package
    • Black-painted Big Bend Wheel
    • Ford Co-pilot 360 Assist (Big Bend Entity)
    • Ford Co-Pilot 360 Assist (Outer Banks Entity)
  • 2021MY Bronco Sport Converted Reservations On Priority “99” - Please make sure you are reviewing/amending ALL Bronco Sport Reservations for customers.  All NEW converted reservations will be set to a do not schedule priority of “99” until the order is updated to customer requirements. Once the order content is validated, the priority code can be updated to a "Retail" priority code to allow for scheduling. Update the Priority code to a retail priority and submit any other changes to have the order scheduled.
  • 21MY Transit
    • Until further notice, Transit orders with the 110V Power Converter (90D) will not be selected for scheduling
    • There is a low availability of the Parcel Delivery Package (47G) and the Recreation Package (47D) for 21MY Transit.  Please consider removing these packages for your orders to schedule more quickly.

Balance out Information:

• 21MY Transit Connect Balance Out – Final 21MY Transit Connect orders are due on Thursday, January 28.

8 hours ago, ice-capades said:
8 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Ford Scheduling Notes – New York Region

Balance out Information:

• 21MY Transit Connect Balance Out – Final 21MY Transit Connect orders are due on Thursday, January 28.

Well, that was quick! They never got the Build & Price updated for 2021 on their website.

17 hours ago, Chrisgb said:

Well, that was quick! They never got the Build & Price updated for 2021 on their website.

You have to consider that the OTD (Order-to-Delivery) time for the Transit Connect is 5-6 months. 

Edited by ice-capades
  • Thanks 1

Quick question - Is this the schedule for orders that fall within that particular week? So if a vehicle was ordered this week it would start production sometime during the week listed in "Scheduling for build week(s)"? Yes, I'm asking because I ordered a F-350. :)

5 minutes ago, mworkman80 said:

Quick question - Is this the schedule for orders that fall within that particular week? So if a vehicle was ordered this week it would start production sometime during the week listed in "Scheduling for build week(s)"? Yes, I'm asking because I ordered a F-350. :)

I was wondering the same thing. I just ordered a new F350 as well and the order was confirmed 12-26-20. Salesman said 5-8 weeks

1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

You talking time on the assembly line itself or time from order to delivery? 

On the assembly line. I just got an email from Ford stating that my Bronco Sport is scheduled to start production the week of March 15th. So just assuming that it actually does start that day how long should it take to complete?

1 hour ago, MuddyBoots said:

On the assembly line. I just got an email from Ford stating that my Bronco Sport is scheduled to start production the week of March 15th. So just assuming that it actually does start that day how long should it take to complete?

Most plants it's about 24ish hours from start to finish. 

• Like 1

The Fleet Manager got back to me and the system says my truck is scheduled to "the day" (February 2)!  The customer facing order tracking is not showing any updates, but it looks like the updates do not happen until a week or so before the build date.  I will continue to check the tracker about 20 times a day just to make sure I am fully up to speed on what's going on ?.

7 minutes ago, STDevil said:

The Fleet Manager got back to me and the system says my truck is scheduled to "the day" (February 2)!  The customer facing order tracking is not showing any updates, but it looks like the updates do not happen until a week or so before the build date.  I will continue to check the tracker about 20 times a day just to make sure I am fully up to speed on what's going on ?.

Congratulations! You Dealer will be able to provide you with more timely updates and with more information, via the Vehicle Visibility system, once your vehicle is in production and then shipped.   

Thanks Ice-Capades.  I will probably just wait until the vehicle shows as delivered.  The salesman does not seem too interested in helping (when he's not at work he asks me to remind him when he's back and then he goes and asks the Fleet Manager for an update), and I don't want to bug the Fleet Manager because he is super busy working orders (his office looks like a mad-scientists workshop).  When I used to sell stuff on e-bay back in the day, I used to have an "Amazon" level of communication with the people I sold stuff to.  I would even monitor the tracking numbers and mail them when their package arrived.  This was in the early 2000's when Amazon was still selling mostly CDs and books.  While I would certainly appreciate a blow by blow update on my order, that was not part of the deal with the salesman, and I am pretty sure most people don't want this level of information...but if I were the sales guy, I would ask.  One of the dealers down south has a salesman that is pretty well known for keeping his customers up to date on things.  He's a car guy so he knows what other car guys want.

So all in all, I am OK with where things stand and I will keep an eye on the order tracker.  I hear the Alumizilla tracker may be a bit better, so I will check that one out also.  Do you or anyone know what the difference is between the Alumizilla and Ford Trackers?

20 minutes ago, STDevil said:

Thanks Ice-Capades.  I will probably just wait until the vehicle shows as delivered.  The salesman does not seem too interested in helping (when he's not at work he asks me to remind him when he's back and then he goes and asks the Fleet Manager for an update), and I don't want to bug the Fleet Manager because he is super busy working orders (his office looks like a mad-scientists workshop).  When I used to sell stuff on e-bay back in the day, I used to have an "Amazon" level of communication with the people I sold stuff to.  I would even monitor the tracking numbers and mail them when their package arrived.  This was in the early 2000's when Amazon was still selling mostly CDs and books.  While I would certainly appreciate a blow by blow update on my order, that was not part of the deal with the salesman, and I am pretty sure most people don't want this level of information...but if I were the sales guy, I would ask.  One of the dealers down south has a salesman that is pretty well known for keeping his customers up to date on things.  He's a car guy so he knows what other car guys want.

So all in all, I am OK with where things stand and I will keep an eye on the order tracker.  I hear the Alumizilla tracker may be a bit better, so I will check that one out also.  Do you or anyone know what the difference is between the Alumizilla and Ford Trackers?

Sorry but I can't give you any information as to the difference with the sites you referenced. For nearly 35 years now I've been able to get all the information I need directly from the source!

On 1/21/2021 at 4:00 PM, Clutterbuck86 said:

I was wondering the same thing. I just ordered a new F350 as well and the order was confirmed 12-26-20. Salesman said 5-8 weeks

good luck on the 5- 8 week timeframe... i'm at  12 weeks now on my f450 build... and today is my build date 1/22 . eta to dealer is week of 2/8  if the truck gets delivered on  2/10 , it will be 14 weeks ...

Scheduling Notes

• On Thursday, January 28, EcoSport, Edge OTD, and Escape OTD will not be selected for scheduling
  • 21MY Mach-E OTD Scheduling - The extended dressing period for OTD Fitness orders is Monday, January 11 – Wednesday, January 27.  Scheduling will resume on Thursday, January 28.
  • Like 1

Scheduling Notes - New York Region

• On Thursday, February 4, EcoSport, Edge OTD, Expedition, Explorer and Transit Connect will not be selected for scheduling
  • 21MY Escape OTD Scheduling - The extended dressing period for Escape OTD Fitness orders is Monday, January 11 – Wednesday, February 3.  Scheduling will resume on Thursday, February 4.
  • 21MY Mustang OTD Mach 1 Orders – Please note that Mustang Mach 1 orders that are 600A with manual transmission will schedule more quickly.
  • 21MY Transit
    • There is a low availability of the Parcel Delivery Package (47G) and the Recreation Package (47D) for 21MY Transit.  Please consider removing these packages for your orders to schedule more quickly.

Balance out Information:

• 21MY Transit Connect has balanced out.    22MY Transit Connect will begin start up scheduling on Thursday, February 11.