Production Week Scheduling Information

On 1/22/2021 at 8:16 PM, usedboxman said:

good luck on the 5- 8 week timeframe... i'm at  12 weeks now on my f450 build... and today is my build date 1/22 . eta to dealer is week of 2/8  if the truck gets delivered on  2/10 , it will be 14 weeks ...

Just checked my VIN on fords website. says it's "in production"  ordered 12-26, this Saturday 2-6 will be 6 weeks so maybe I can hold my breath on the 8 week time frame. I've read where 450s do take a bit longer, plus you had the holidays in there. 

2 hours ago, usedboxman said:

that's great news.. i guess my truck had some option that was not available and it held up the build.   My truck was shipped so my wait should be over soon.

The wait is agonizing!! I cant imagine going 14 weeks. I'm hoping since I'm in Ky less than an hour from the truck plant that it wont take long to ship to the dealer. 

Scheduling Notes – New York Region

• On Thursday, February 4, EcoSport, Edge OTD, Expedition, Explorer and Transit Connect will not be selected for scheduling
  • 21MY Escape OTD Scheduling - The extended dressing period for Escape OTD Fitness orders is Monday, January 11 – Wednesday, February 3.  Scheduling will resume on Thursday, February 4.
  • 21MY Escape OTD Orders – Please note that Escape 1.5L SE & SEL without Co-Pilot 360 Assist+ (68B) will schedule more quickly.  Please consider removing Co-Pilot 360 Assist (68B) from this configuration.
  • 21MY Mustang OTD Mach 1 Orders – Please note that Mustang Mach 1 orders that are 600A with manual transmission will schedule more quickly.
  • 21MY Transit
    • There is a low availability of the Parcel Delivery Package (47G) and the Recreation Package (47D) for 21MY Transit.  Please consider removing these packages for your orders to schedule more quickly.

Balance out Information:

• 21MY Transit Connect has balanced out.    22MY Transit Connect will begin start up scheduling on Thursday, February 11.

Talk about best laid plans... . From Automotive News 2/13: “Ford is suspending production of the F-150 pickup and Transit van at its Kansas City Assembly Plant in Missouri for one week starting Saturday to help conserve natural gas amid a cold spell in the Midwest.”

• On Thursday, February 18, Transit orders will not be selected for scheduling.
  • 21MY Bronco Sport, Edge, Escape, and Mustang OTD Scheduling - The extended dressing period for OTD Fitness orders is Monday, February 8 – Wednesday, February 17.  Scheduling will resume on Thursday, February 18.
  • Escape OTD Scheduling – Only Escape PHEV stock OTD Fitness orders will be selected for scheduling on Thursday, February 18.  Until further notice, stock non-PHEV orders will not be selected for scheduling.
  • Mach-E OTD Scheduling – Please note that only retails will be selected for scheduling this month. 
  • 21MY Bronco Sport OTD Orders – Please note that orders without Class II Trailer Tow Package (53B) will schedule more quickly; therefore please consider removing this option from your orders.
  • 21MY Escape Ford Co-Pilot360 Assist+ (68B) – Until further notice, you will not be able to amend Escape OTD orders to add Ford Co-Pilot360 Assist+.(68B).
  • 21MY Mustang OTD Mach 1 Orders – Please note that Mustang Mach 1 orders that are 600A with manual transmission will schedule more quickly.

Balance out Information:

• 21MY Super Duty Balance Out at KTP– Final 2021 MY Super Duty orders are due on Thursday, March 18th.  Spec changes and cancellation will be shut off on Thursday, March 18th.

Edge scheduling has been CANCELLED for this week, Thursday, February 18th.  Scheduling will resume next Thursday, February 25th.

Transit Connect Van and Wagon scheduling has been CANCELLED for this week, Thursday, February 18th.  Scheduling will resume next Thursday, February 25th.

Thank you @ice-capades  

Just out of curiosity, what causes the difference in scheduling weeks.   The F150 line, for example, is scheduling for the week of 3/22 while the Super Duty line is scheduling 3 to 4 weeks beyond that with 4/12 and 4/19.  Fascinating information regardless so thanks for sharing it. 

• Like 1

On 2/2/2021 at 2:19 PM, Clutterbuck86 said:

Just checked my VIN on fords website. says it's "in production"  ordered 12-26, this Saturday 2-6 will be 6 weeks so maybe I can hold my breath on the 8 week time frame. I've read where 450s do take a bit longer, plus you had the holidays in there. 

What exactly does in production mean? I know that might seem obvious. Mine says that but no date on the production line. Also wondering if anyone knows what the date at the bottom of the window sticker means if anything? Mine says 2/16/21

I think it means the truck is actually being built.

The date on the bottom of the sticker is wierd.  For my truck, it started with 1/27 (I believe the day the order was pulled), 1/28 (the day it went to plant), 2/4 (day built - this roughly coincided with the dealers system which said the vehicle was "scheduled to day" of 2/2),  2/11 (I am guessing the day it loaded onto the rail car since it arrived in ND at midnight on the 12th...but Alumizilla said it was "in transit" on the 7th...but I know it had to go by truck to the rail depot), and finally 2/19 (when I am guessing it arrived at the  Rail Depot in Western Washington state).

This is all pure guesswork on my part.  I am not completely sure what causes the date to change.  I am sure someone knows!

I hope this helps somewhat... 

• Like 1

On 2/20/2021 at 11:13 AM, STDevil said:

I think it means the truck is actually being built.

The date on the bottom of the sticker is wierd.  For my truck, it started with 1/27 (I believe the day the order was pulled), 1/28 (the day it went to plant), 2/4 (day built - this roughly coincided with the dealers system which said the vehicle was "scheduled to day" of 2/2),  2/11 (I am guessing the day it loaded onto the rail car since it arrived in ND at midnight on the 12th...but Alumizilla said it was "in transit" on the 7th...but I know it had to go by truck to the rail depot), and finally 2/19 (when I am guessing it arrived at the  Rail Depot in Western Washington state).

This is all pure guesswork on my part.  I am not completely sure what causes the date to change.  I am sure someone knows!

I hope this helps somewhat... 

Thanks. I was kind of curious if that date would change in the process. My dealer hasn't been much help at all during this process. I call and ask for an update and they say nothing available. I only have a VIN because some kind soul on a Facebook group looked it up for me. Not sure why they wouldn't give it to me and why they want to hold back information. ?‍♂️

Just curious about this. I ordered a F350 on Jan 25. About 2 weeks later I called the dealer to add LED headlights to the order while making the change they accidentally deleted another option I had. A couple of days later they noticed the mistake but the order had been locked in and they could not go back and add it. It is in my production now. So they placed another order Feb 16. I have a vin and estimated production week of March 29. Do orders that are placed on a certain week, automatically get a production week that is set for the week It was ordered? Also is it possible that an order can get moved up to an earlier production week. I hope what I’m asking makes sense.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, OnTheHook said:

Do orders that are placed on a certain week, automatically get a production week that is set for the week It was ordered? Also is it possible that an order can get moved up to an earlier production week. I hope what I’m asking makes sense.  

The assigned production weeks follow the production week scheduling timetable that is published each week. Unscheduled orders must meet the commodity restrictions in place at the time of scheduling and the Dealer must have scheduling allocation available. Order priority codes determine the scheduling sequence at each dealership and is separate from that of other dealerships. The assigned production weeks are pretty accurate and it's rare for the scheduling to be pulled forward. It's much more likely, especially this year, that production may slip back due to commodity and supplier issues, microchip shortages, weather and other factors. 

Your dealership has 24/7 access to the Ford Vehicle Visibility system which provides all the information on order status, scheduling, production and shipping matters.  

• On Thursday, February 25, Escape, Transit, Transit Connect Van and Transit Connect Wagon orders will not be selected for scheduling.
  • 21MY Edge OTD Scheduling - The extended dressing period for Edge OTD Fitness orders is Monday, February 8 – Wednesday, February 24.  Scheduling will resume on Thursday, February 25.  Due to constraints, it may take several weeks to schedule Week 10 OTD Fitness orders.
  • Mach-E OTD Scheduling – Please note that only retails will be selected for scheduling this month. 
  • 22MY Transit Connect Van – Due to a systems issue, 22MY Transit Connect Van orders that scheduled on Thursday, February 11 were rejected at the plant.  Allocation will be restored and dealer-entered orders will be returned to dealers’ order banks to schedule at a later date.  SIMS orders that scheduled on February 11 are being cancelled at the plant and allocation will be restored.
  • 21MY Bronco Sport OTD Orders – Please note that orders without Class II Trailer Tow Package (53B) will schedule more quickly; therefore please consider removing this option from your orders.
  • 21MY Escape Ford Co-Pilot360 Assist+ (68B) – Until further notice, you will not be able to amend Escape OTD orders to add Ford Co-Pilot360 Assist+.(68B).

Balance out Information:

• 21MY Super Duty Balance Out at KTP– Final 2021 MY Super Duty orders are due on Thursday, March 18th.  Spec changes and cancellation will be shut off on Thursday, March 18th.

Just to make sure I understand correctly. I purchased a bronco sport on 1/15. Looking at the production week scheduling for that week there was no scheduling. This is the scheduling for the week of 1/18. I should expect my order to have one of those weeks correct? 

D066898F-C4EC-448C-9428-16B81E17F561.png

7 hours ago, JackisDunn said:

Just to make sure I understand correctly. I purchased a bronco sport on 1/15. Looking at the production week scheduling for that week there was no scheduling. This is the scheduling for the week of 1/18. I should expect my order to have one of those weeks correct? 

D066898F-C4EC-448C-9428-16B81E17F561.png

If you placed your order on 01/15/2021 (Friday) it would have been eligible for scheduling the week of January 18th as long as the dealership submitted the order to the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) as a Retail Order with a 10-19 Priority Code, did not include controlled commodities and your dealership had available scheduling allocation. Vehicle scheduling is done on Thursday's and sometimes carried over to Friday's due to technical issues. 

Is your vehicle scheduled and/or have you talked to your dealership? Your dealership has 24/7 access to Ford's Vehicle Visibility system that provides information on all order, scheduling, production and transportation matters. Sales representatives are not always reliable sources for information on retail factory orders so I'd recommend talking directly to the Sales Manager or the manager responsible for managing the dealership's order bank.  

7 hours ago, ice-capades said:

If you placed your order on 01/15/2021 (Friday) it would have been eligible for scheduling the week of January 18th as long as the dealership submitted the order to the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) as a Retail Order with a 10-19 Priority Code, did not include controlled commodities and your dealership had available scheduling allocation. Vehicle scheduling is done on Thursday's and sometimes carried over to Friday's due to technical issues. 

Is your vehicle scheduled and/or have you talked to your dealership? Your dealership has 24/7 access to Ford's Vehicle Visibility system that provides information on all order, scheduling, production and transportation matters. Sales representatives are not always reliable sources for information on retail factory orders so I'd recommend talking directly to the Sales Manager or the manager responsible for managing the dealership's order bank.  

I have talked to my dealer and he told me after we placed it on Friday that there were no commodity issues and they had allocation. He also told me it had a scheduled build date of 2/20 however when I look at my online ford tracker it still shows "in order processing."

1 minute ago, JackisDunn said:

I have talked to my dealer and he told me after we placed it on Friday that there were no commodity issues and they had allocation. He also told me it had a scheduled build date of 2/20 however when I look at my online ford tracker it still shows "in order processing."

A vehicle can show "In Order Processing" for multiple status levels. The Ford online tracking site provides limited information and is not accurate or up-to-date. Your Dealer can access the Vehicle Visibility system for the latest status. 

Scheduling Notes – New York Region (May Apply to All Regions)

• UPDATE - On Thursday, March 4th, EcoSport, Transit, and Transit Connect Van orders will not be selected for scheduling.
  • 2021MY Super Duty Adaptive Steering (60A) will only be available as a standard option for Limited series (708A,718A,728A,778A).  This feature will be restricted as an optional feature for Lariat, King Ranch, and Platinum until further notice. 
  • 21MY Bronco Sport, Edge, & Escape OTD Scheduling - Due to constraints and production changes, it may take several weeks to schedule the OTD Fitness orders.
  • 21MY Mustang OTD Mach 1 Orders – Please note that Mustang Mach 1 orders that are 600A with manual transmission and the standard wheel or handling package will schedule more quickly.
    • Magnetic-Painted Aluminum Wheel (64S) is only available on retail Mach 1 orders. 

Balance out Information:

• 21MY Super Duty Balance Out– Final 2021 MY Super Duty orders are due on Thursday, March 18th.  Spec changes and cancellation will be shut off on Thursday, March 18th.
  • 21MY Explorer Job #2 Balance Out – Final 21MY Explorer Job #2 orders are due on Thursday, March 25th.  Spec changes and cancellation will be shut off on Thursday, March 25th.