Production Week Scheduling Information

Hi Ice. Earlier posts indicated the Aviator would start scheduling on the 20th. Looks like that will not happen. Do you see any more information in next weeks preview regarding the 2022 Aviator? Thanks.

1 hour ago, BB767 said:

Hi Ice. Earlier posts indicated the Aviator would start scheduling on the 20th. Looks like that will not happen. Do you see any more information in next weeks preview regarding the 2022 Aviator? Thanks.

Friday's FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) still shows a scheduling start date for the 2022MY Lincoln Aviator on 05/20/2021.

Hi, I have on order a F150 Limited. Dealer states its going into production this week but they wont have the VIN until later in the week. Based on the other post it didn't seem right but not as knowledgeable about Ford Production as other people here. Anyways, I want to apologize in advice if this is posted somewhere else but I read in the other post by Ice-capades that the 21MY F150 is being "Balanced out". What exactly does that mean? Sorry if this is somewhere else or if I missed it somewhere. Just curious. 

25 minutes ago, Barce04 said:

Hi, I have on order a F150 Limited. Dealer states its going into production this week but they wont have the VIN until later in the week. Based on the other post it didn't seem right but not as knowledgeable about Ford Production as other people here. Anyways, I want to apologize in advice if this is posted somewhere else but I read in the other post by Ice-capades that the 21MY F150 is being "Balanced out". What exactly does that mean? Sorry if this is somewhere else or if I missed it somewhere. Just curious. 

Your order would have had a VIN number assigned when it was originally scheduled for production. It couldn't be scheduled for production without having the VIN number assigned. Your Dealer is just teasing you and telling you what they think you want to hear. Tell them you want to see the Vehicle Visibility report for your order and see what story they try to tell you!

The "Balance Out" notice isn't for the 2021 Model Year, only the Job #1 2021MY orders. Orders and production go through several stages during the Model Year... Job #1, Job #2, etc. 

21 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Your order would have had a VIN number assigned when it was originally scheduled for production. It couldn't be scheduled for production without having the VIN number assigned. Your Dealer is just teasing you and telling you what they think you want to hear. Tell them you want to see the Vehicle Visibility report for your order and see what story they try to tell you!

The "Balance Out" notice isn't for the 2021 Model Year, only the Job #1 2021MY orders. Orders and production go through several stages during the Model Year... Job #1, Job #2, etc. 

Will ford build all the Job #1 unscheduled orders before they start job #2 or they will simply convert them to job #2?  

18 minutes ago, LFrider said:

Will ford build all the Job #1 unscheduled orders before they start job #2 or they will simply convert them to job #2?  

Orders not scheduled by the Job #1 Balance Out Date will be converted to the Job #2 specifications. Normally any changes needed are made automatically but sometimes a Dealer would have to review and/or update the order specifications. If there's a conflict, the Dealer will see a compatibility error associated with the order along with the change necessary to correct the order. 

• Like 1

Ford cutting production, temporarily shutting down plants amid chip shortage

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/ford-cutting-production-amid-ongoing-chip-shortage

• The Chicago assembly plant will be down the week of May 31 and will operate on a reduced schedule the week of June 7.
  • The Flat Rock, Michigan assembly plant will be down the weeks of May 31 and June 7.
  • The Dearborn truck plant in Michigan and the Kansas City assembly plant – truck line – will be down the weeks of May 31 and June 7 and will operate on a reduced schedule the week of June 14.
  • The Hermosillo, Mexico assembly plant will be down the weeks of June 21 and June 28.
  • The Louisville, Kentucky assembly plant will be down starting the week of May 31 through the week of June 28.
  • The Oakville, Canada assembly complex will be down beginning the week of May 31 through the week of June 21.
  • The Ohio assembly plant will produce only Super Duty Chassis cabs and Medium Duty trucks the weeks of May 31, June 7 and June 14.

There are two plants in Louisville. One is the Louisville Assembly Plant that builds the Escape and the Corsair. 4000+ workers.

The other is the Kentucky Truck Plant, they build Super Duty, and employ about 8600+ workers. 

Rumor has it the LAP people will assist KTP with chip/module installations at the racetrack while the LAP plant is idle. 

17 minutes ago, tepley3 said:

Can anyone confirm that 2022 Aviator scheduling actually started today and job 1 is still scheduled for June 30th?  I have an accepted order for a 2022 Aviator Reserve 

Per the weekly notice posted above, startup scheduling for the 2022MY Lincoln Aviator is TBD. The Job #1 Date is subject to change based on the plant production schedule and the startup scheduling for the 2022MY Aviator.  

On 5/16/2021 at 2:14 PM, ice-capades said:

Friday's FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) still shows a scheduling start date for the 2022MY Lincoln Aviator on 05/20/2021.

I was counting on scheduling starting today also. Bummer.

SCHEDULING TOOLBOX - SCHEDULING PLAN

This is the tentative scheduling plan for the production period. This is just a guide for scheduling. This information is tentative and may change at any time.

THIS INFORMATION APPLIES TO UNSCHEDULED ORDERS ONLY.

THIS INFORMATION WILL BE UPDATED ON MONDAY, MAY 24TH TO INCLUDE REVISED PLANT PRODUCTION SCHEDULES.  

Blue Oval Forums_Production Week Scheduling_2021-05-24.pdf

Blue Oval Forums_Production Week Scheduling_2021-05-24_Page_1.jpg

Blue Oval Forums_Production Week Scheduling_2021-05-24_Page_2.jpg

Edited by ice-capades
Format

19 minutes ago, Yoyo said:

Does this mean they will only start building Mustangs in Julyand none before then?

The Flat Rock Assembly Plant (FRAP) is down this week and the weeks of May 24th, May 31st & June 7th. As far as I can tell right now, production should resume the week of June 14th but subject to change as Ford continues to update plant schedules due to the microchip shortage. 

Ford is not updating Dealers on plant production schedules so Dealers are relying on media reports for information!

Edited by ice-capades
Additional content

2 hours ago, ice-capades said:

The Flat Rock Assembly Plant (FRAP) is down this week and the weeks of May 24th, May 31st & June 7th. As far as I can tell right now, production should resume the week of June 14th but subject to change as Ford continues to update plant schedules due to the microchip shortage. 

Rumors I'm hearing out of there say it's 50/50 right now that gets extended further 

PRODUCTION WEEK SCHEDULING - WEEK OF 05/24/2021 REVISED

This is the tentative scheduling plan for the production period. This is just a guide for scheduling. This information is tentative and may change at any time.

Blue Oval Forums_Production Week Scheduling_2021-05-24 Revised.pdf

Blue Oval Forums_Production Week Scheduling_2021-05-24 Revised_Page_1.jpg

Blue Oval Forums_Production Week Scheduling_2021-05-24 Revised_Page_2.jpg

Edited by ice-capades
Format
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Will job 1 date still be the 9th?

12 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Will job 1 date still be the 9th on super duty’s ?

Edited by mink