Production Week Scheduling Information

On 5/17/2021 at 3:22 PM, ice-capades said:

Your order would have had a VIN number assigned when it was originally scheduled for production. It couldn't be scheduled for production without having the VIN number assigned. Your Dealer is just teasing you and telling you what they think you want to hear. Tell them you want to see the Vehicle Visibility report for your order and see what story they try to tell you!

The "Balance Out" notice isn't for the 2021 Model Year, only the Job #1 2021MY orders. Orders and production go through several stages during the Model Year... Job #1, Job #2, etc. 

Good morning Ice-capades. I'm trying to catch up on the information here, kinda new guy, and I was wondering about the Job #1, Job #2, etc. Is Job #1 the start of a new model year? Is Job #2 different than #1 because of minor bug fixes and things like that or is it more significant, like new mechanicals or headup display, things that actually upgrade the vehicle? How many Job Numbers would there be in a model year? Thanks

On 5/23/2021 at 7:27 AM, Cool Rod said:

Good morning Ice-capades. I'm trying to catch up on the information here, kinda new guy, and I was wondering about the Job #1, Job #2, etc. Is Job #1 the start of a new model year? Is Job #2 different than #1 because of minor bug fixes and things like that or is it more significant, like new mechanicals or headup display, things that actually upgrade the vehicle? How many Job Numbers would there be in a model year? Thanks

The beginning of each new Model Year starts with Job #1. During the year, there is usually at least a Job #2 update and possibly a Job #3 version that may include new model series (King Ranch, Timberline, etc.), options or features that are either added or re-aligned within packages, paint availability changes, etc. Bug fixes are part of the issues addressed at the production level on an ongoing basis and have nothing to do with a Job # designation. 

Job # notices are included in the updated order guides that are posted and available for download in the Dealer Order Guides section. 

Edited by ice-capades
Additional content
  • Like 1

Thanks again. I find your posts very informative.

On 5/17/2021 at 3:22 PM, ice-capades said:

Your order would have had a VIN number assigned when it was originally scheduled for production. It couldn't be scheduled for production without having the VIN number assigned. Your Dealer is just teasing you and telling you what they think you want to hear. Tell them you want to see the Vehicle Visibility report for your order and see what story they try to tell you!

The "Balance Out" notice isn't for the 2021 Model Year, only the Job #1 2021MY orders. Orders and production go through several stages during the Model Year... Job #1, Job #2, etc. 

There have been multiple reports of trucks showing built and shipped on the order tracker that are now showing "in storage"  on the Vehicle visibility report. I was told the owner of the dealership is flying out

to have a meeting somewhere with Ford executives.  This maybe true or may not be. But we need to have some kind of update.  Order tracker went from 5/30-6/5  TO OCTOBER 31,2021

Any information you can pass along would be greatly appreciated.

25 minutes ago, 21F350 said:

There have been multiple reports of trucks showing built and shipped on the order tracker that are now showing "in storage"  on the Vehicle visibility report. I was told the owner of the dealership is flying out

to have a meeting somewhere with Ford executives.  This maybe true or may not be. But we need to have some kind of update.  Order tracker went from 5/30-6/5  TO OCTOBER 31,2021

Any information you can pass along would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not sure what "order tracker" you're referring to and I have not seen an "In Storage" status in Vehicle Visibility reports.

If a Dealer Principal had access to particular Ford executives, any concern or questions regarding vehicles being held due to the microchip shortage could be addressed with a phone call.

Order tracker went from 5/30-6/5  TO OCTOBER 31,2021... Produced vehicles being held for the microchip issue will now show a "Micro Chip At Plant On Hold" status in Vehicle Visibility. I believe that Ford is using 10/31/2021 as a default ETA for the affected units pending resolution or updated information on microchip availability for the affected vehicle. 

Edited by ice-capades
Additional content
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ice-capades said:

I'm not sure what "order tracker" you're referring to and I have not seen an "In Storage" status in Vehicle Visibility reports.

I too have seen a few visibility reports posted that say "In Storage".  Also, today I have seen some that say "Micro chip at plant on hold"

FYI... Ford is still showing no preview of the scheduling plan for next week. I expect that they'll post a preview for next week by later today before Ford offices close for the Memorial Day holiday weekend. I'll post the scheduling information as soon as it becomes available. 

Ford is completely revising its vehicle incentives program as of June 2, 2021 in order to reduce the number of incentives available and simplify the incentives available. Below is the notice related to the Retail Order Incentive Program.

• Importantly, in support of your retail ordering opportunities in June, we will also enhance by $500 our current Retail Order Incentive Program, to $1,000 Open Bonus Cash for orders on selected lines placed by 7/6/21.  This enhancement will be retroactive to all retail orders placed since 4/1/21.
Edited by ice-capades
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Ford is completely revising its vehicle incentives program as of June 2, 2021 in order to reduce the number of incentives available and simplify the incentives available. Below is the notice related to the Retail Order Incentive Program.

• Importantly, in support of your retail ordering opportunities in June, we will also enhance by $500 our current Retail Order Incentive Program, to $1,000 Open Bonus Cash for orders on selected lines placed by 7/6/21.  This enhancement will be retroactive to all retail orders placed since 4/1/21.

When I placed my 2022 F350 order in April, my dealer locked in the $500 Retail Order Incentive. I noticed sometime in the last couple of weeks, the Super Duty’s are no longer eligible for the incentive. I wonder if the Super Duty’s will be excluded from the additional $500 as part of the “on selected lines”.

8 minutes ago, ScotNH said:

When I placed my 2022 F350 order in April, my dealer locked in the $500 Retail Order Incentive. I noticed sometime in the last couple of weeks, the Super Duty’s are no longer eligible for the incentive. I wonder if the Super Duty’s will be excluded from the additional $500 as part of the “on selected lines”.

My 2022 Super Duty order was placed on 4/1 but my dealer put it in as a stock order. He sells a lot of trucks and I trusted that he knew what he was doing but now I'm worried that it may cost me $1000

58 minutes ago, GearheadGrrrl said:

This is tempting me to pull the trigger on ordering a Transit Connect wagon. If I order before June 1st will I avoid the $250 price increase and get the increased $1000 incentive?

The enhanced retail order incentive ($1,000) isn't effective until June 2, 2021 but is retroactive to 04/01/2021 so it looks like you could get your order price protected and avoid the price increase and also benefit with the enhanced retail order incentive. The timing is critical though as Ford must receive the retail order prior to June 1st. 

37 minutes ago, ScotNH said:

I just tried looking up the Super Duty eligibility for the retail order incentive but unfortunately, the search function at the FMCDealer.com portal is like an effort in futility as it returns literally thousands of results and the available filtering is useless! I don't recall seeing the "selected vehicle lines" notice so I'd have to suggest you contact your Dealer for clarification on your question as the notice for the enhanced retail order incentive states that it is an enhancement to the current program. 

42 minutes ago, Tonymorr said:

My 2022 Super Duty order was placed on 4/1 but my dealer put it in as a stock order. He sells a lot of trucks and I trusted that he knew what he was doing but now I'm worried that it may cost me $1000

Retail orders don't start to get scheduled until after the "Okay to Buy" status is reached which is after 5 consecutive days of production with zero defects. Your Dealer probably ordered your vehicle as a Stock unit in order to get it scheduled and produced sooner. It'll get scheduled sooner as a "Stock" order but be subject to the $250 price increase effective June 1st or any other potential price increases prior to the vehicle being invoiced. If your Dealer changes your order to a "Retail" order, the order date will change to the date the order type change was made. Only you can make the decision but I'd suggest talking to your Dealer ASAP.  

5 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

I just tried looking up the Super Duty eligibility for the retail order incentive but unfortunately, the search function at the FMCDealer.com portal is like an effort in futility as it returns literally thousands of results and the available filtering is useless! I don't recall seeing the "selected vehicle lines" notice so I'd have to suggest you contact your Dealer for clarification on your question as the notice for the enhanced retail order incentive states that it is an enhancement to the current program. 

Thanks for trying to look into it.

The “selected lines” was part of the red text that you posted. When I placed my order, the Super Duty was one of the “selected lines”, so hopefully I get the extra $500. I think I probably will.

I’m already pretty happy with my $2000 ECO and the $500 Order bonus, so anything on top of that would be a great surprise. I’ll wait to pester my dealer about it until later in July or August when I might have a VIN, since I’ve already got everything locked in.

Is this an attempt by Ford to make up for the long waits retail order customers are experiencing? Luckily, I knew when I placed my order it could arrive as early as August, or more realistically Sept/Oct/beyond, even though my dealer quoted 8-16 weeks. 

4 minutes ago, ScotNH said:

Thanks for trying to look into it.

The “selected lines” was part of the red text that you posted. When I placed my order, the Super Duty was one of the “selected lines”, so hopefully I get the extra $500. I think I probably will.

I’m already pretty happy with my $2000 ECO and the $500 Order bonus, so anything on top of that would be a great surprise. I’ll wait to pester my dealer about it until later in July or August when I might have a VIN, since I’ve already got everything locked in.

Is this an attempt by Ford to make up for the long waits retail order customers are experiencing? Luckily, I knew when I placed my order it could arrive as early as August, or more realistically Sept/Oct/beyond, even though my dealer quoted 8-16 weeks. 

Sorry... I've just got too many other projects I'm working on and didn't remember the "selected vehicle lines" notice. 

And yes, I think that Ford created the retail order incentives specifically to assist customers that couldn't find the vehicle they wanted in stock at a dealership and wanted to give them an incentive to place a factory order if they could wait to take delivery at a later date.   

ice-capades do you know if the incentive will cover 2022 F250 ordered 3/16 forward? I ordered 3/22. Or is the cut off 4/1 and us guys that ordered right when the 2022 bank opened are out. Thanks

17 hours ago, mink said:

ice-capades do you know if the incentive will cover 2022 F250 ordered 3/16 forward? I ordered 3/22. Or is the cut off 4/1 and us guys that ordered right when the 2022 bank opened are out. Thanks

As stated in Ford's announcement, the enhanced retail order incentive is retroactive to 04/01/2021 and available on selected vehicle lines. You'd have to check with your Dealer about whether the incentive is available on the Super Duty. If it is, and your order is unscheduled, you could cancel the order and the Dealer could submit a new order but you'll probably have to absorb the price increase on June 1st unless you act quickly. That's a decision only you can make and, depending on how many other 2022 Super Duty retail orders the dealership has, your scheduling priority may change.  

Edited by ice-capades
Additional content

On 5/22/2021 at 6:41 AM, ice-capades said:

PRODUCTION WEEK SCHEDULING - WEEK OF 05/24/2021 REVISED

SCHEDULING TOOLBOX - SCHEDULING PLAN

This is the tentative scheduling plan for the production period. This is just a guide for scheduling. This information is tentative and may change at any time.

THIS INFORMATION APPLIES TO UNSCHEDULED ORDERS ONLY.

Blue Oval Forums_Production Week Scheduling_2021-05-24 Revised.pdf

Blue Oval Forums_Production Week Scheduling_2021-05-24 Revised_Page_1.jpg

Blue Oval Forums_Production Week Scheduling_2021-05-24 Revised_Page_2.jpg

I have an explorer order from January that in the vehicle visibility report last shows an update on 4/6 and currently in production sent to plant with TBD Start and end. Previously I have a production date of 4/12 that clearly never happened. Safe to assume this hasn't even been built and I'm going to need to pray I get scheduled when they potentially reopen next week?

14 hours ago, metro0308 said:

I have an explorer order from January that in the vehicle visibility report last shows an update on 4/6 and currently in production sent to plant with TBD Start and end. Previously I have a production date of 4/12 that clearly never happened. Safe to assume this hasn't even been built and I'm going to need to pray I get scheduled when they potentially reopen next week?

If it's showing "In Production" and "Sent to Plant" it's in the early stages... just wait until next week but give it time. 

• Like 1