Production Week Scheduling Information

3 hours ago, Euchre_U said:

Can someone explain to me what the difference is between "run two crews the weeks of . . . ." and the phrase "run two shifts the weeks of"?  Both are used in this blurb.  Do they both mean the same thing?  Or does "crews" mean the number of production lines WITHIN the facility, where "SHIFTS" means the number of people needed to run ALL of the production lines for a given facility?  Or am I just over-thinking this . . . .  Just hush-up and wait for your vehicle to me made . . . .

I answered this for you , not sure not on how this page all works tho ha but i think its on the next page of this ?‍♀️?‍♀️

46 minutes ago, Katharina said:

I answered this for you , not sure not on how this page all works tho ha but i think its on the next page of this ?‍♀️?‍♀️

So the answer is that you believe it's the same - "run two crews" is the same as "run two shifts".  I grew up near cities that had vehicle subassembly plants (Delco, Warner Gear, etc.) and the people working called shifts "tricks", as in "I worked first trick for three months, but now I'm third trick".  Third shift could have also been a maintenance shift - or cleaning up / setting up for the next day's first shift.  When the plants ran 3 shifts, that is. 

• Like 1

SCHEDULING TOOLBOX - SCHEDULING PLAN

This is the tentative scheduling plan for the production period. This is just a guide for scheduling. This information is tentative and may change at any time.

THIS INFORMATION APPLIES TO UNSCHEDULED ORDERS ONLY.

Blue Oval Forums_Production Week Scheduling_2021-07-05.pdf

Blue Oval Forums_Production Week Scheduling_2021-07-05_Page_1.jpg

Blue Oval Forums_Production Week Scheduling_2021-07-05_Page_2.jpg

Edited by ice-capades
Format

@ice-capades Thank you for these scheduling notes. I'm curious if the "plant specific content" posted within the side bar of the scheduling notes means that items listed under that plant are not being selected for scheduling that week, or if its just listing items that are only being produced within said plant? For example does this mean within the Dearborn plant the Tremor series are not being selected for scheduling?  Thanks in advance!

image.thumb.png.3ffab12d4a5746e961cd117b06cd7e5e.png

Edited by MadeInChina

12 hours ago, MadeInChina said:

@ice-capades Thank you for these scheduling notes. I'm curious if the "plant specific content" posted within the side bar of the scheduling notes means that items listed under that plant are not being selected for scheduling that week, or if its just listing items that are only being produced within said plant? For example does this mean within the Dearborn plant the Tremor series are not being selected for scheduling?  Thanks in advance!

image.thumb.png.3ffab12d4a5746e961cd117b06cd7e5e.png

The "Plant Specific" content is a reference for production at those plants and not related to scheduling. 

INFORMATION
Final Retail Orders For 21MY F-150 w/ 3.0L Power Stroke Diesel Due July 16 

ACTION REQUESTED
Please submit any remaining retail orders for 21MY F-150 with 3.0L Power Stroke Diesel by July 16th, 2021

SUMMARY
Due to the global semiconductor shortage and to maximize production to meet customer demand, 21MY F-150 will be accepting final retail orders for the 3.0L Power Stroke Diesel engine through July 16, 2021.

Customers are overwhelmingly selecting our EcoBoost V6 gasoline engines and the all-new 3.5L PowerBoost Full Hybrid engine, which is why we are removing this option from our lineup. 

3 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Customers are overwhelmingly selecting our EcoBoost V6 gasoline engines and the all-new 3.5L PowerBoost Full Hybrid engine, which is why we are removing this option from our lineup. 

Not at all unexpected.

15 hours ago, chadstickpoindexter said:

Hhmmm... I understand this is for F150's... but that list says Hard/soft folding & retractable tonneau covers... I wonder if this will be an issue for Super Duties too...

Comments like yours tend to make me regret even posting the commodity information if you're going to then speculate about an F-150 commodity issue being applicable to the Super Duty. I understand your concern but don't want it to become another talking point based on speculation rather than facts. If it does, I'll just be more cautious and restrict further the information I post.   

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, akirby said:

Not at all unexpected.

The 3.0L Power Stroke Diesel never sold well, at least in my general market area, so dropping it will have little to no affect and make it easier to increase overall F-150 production to meet customer demand. 

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

The 3.0L Power Stroke Diesel never sold well, at least in my general market area, so dropping it will have little to no affect and make it easier to increase overall F-150 production to meet customer demand. 

The hybrid basically eliminates any advantage a diesel had with torque and mpg.  The hybrid also has less maintenance costs and better emissions for light duty trucks.

8 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Comments like yours tend to make me regret even posting the commodity information if you're going to then speculate about an F-150 commodity issue being applicable to the Super Duty. I understand your concern but don't want it to become another talking point based on speculation rather than facts. If it does, I'll just be more cautious and restrict further the information I post.   

Speculation:  the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence...

First off, I appreciate what you do here, and I understand that you are doing this out of the kindness of your heart. For that, I do thank you. However, all I did was ask a question... I did not "speculate" anything. I am simply trying to get the "facts." Get off your high horse dude! I agree with some of the other comments I have seen on here, you don't have to respond to everything, and if you choose to do so, there's no sense in being so rude about it. You obviously have an inside scoop on things that many of us have no clue about... all we are trying to do is understand what we can about extremely expensive purchases we have made. Comments like this one that you made, as well as to other posters, makes me really disappointed in moderators such as yourself. 

Edit to add: I deleted my original post so that no speculated talking points would start...

Edited by chadstickpoindexter
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, chadstickpoindexter said:

Speculation:  the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence...

First off, I appreciate what you do here, and I understand that you are doing this out of the kindness of your heart. For that, I do thank you. However, all I did was ask a question... I did not "speculate" anything. I am simply trying to get the "facts." Get off your high horse dude! I agree with some of the other comments I have seen on here, you don't have to respond to everything, and if you choose to do so, there's no sense in being so rude about it. You obviously have an inside scoop on things that many of us have no clue about... all we are trying to do is understand what we can about extremely expensive purchases we have made. Comments like this one that you made, as well as to other posters, makes me really disappointed in moderators such as yourself. 

Edit to add: I deleted my original post so that no speculated talking points would start...

Well said.  The dude puts up an image that is meant to be seen only by people who are in the know and expects those of us who have no idea what that sheet means to not have questions about it.  

• Like 1

Is there a way for a thread like this to have no comments from anyone other then ice capades.  I appreciate the info so much.  It’s gold when your waiting on an order.  Anyone know if f150 are scheduling next week again.  My raptor order still hasn’t been picked up yet would be nice to know if there is a chance for next week 

Edited by coryatver
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, coryatver said:

Is there a way for a thread like this to have no comments from anyone other then ice capades.  I appreciate the info so much.  It’s gold when your waiting on an order.  Anyone know if f150 are scheduling next week again.  My raptor order still hasn’t been picked up yet would be nice to know if there is a chance for next week 

+1

Im also waiting anxiously to hear if any more superdutiys are getting scheduled next week. this 2 weeks of no scheduling has been torture ?

Edited by mattdm

SCHEDULING TOOLBOX - SCHEDULING PLAN

This is the tentative scheduling plan for the production period. This is just a guide for scheduling. This information is tentative and may change at any time.

Blue Oval Forums_Production Week Scheduling_2021-07-12.pdf

Blue Oval Forums_Production Week Scheduling_2021-07-12_Page_1.jpg

Blue Oval Forums_Production Week Scheduling_2021-07-12_Page_2.jpg

Edited by ice-capades
Additional content
  • Like 3

Blue Oval Forums_Production Week Scheduling_2021-07-19.pdf

Blue Oval Forums_Production Week Scheduling_2021-07-19_Page_1.jpg

Blue Oval Forums_Production Week Scheduling_2021-07-19_Page_2.jpg

Edited by ice-capades
Additional content
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

Just to clarify the dates in next week's production schedule for those that might not understand, the dates listed are the production weeks that will be assigned for unscheduled orders that are selected for scheduling next Thursday, July 22nd. These assigned production weeks are very reliable with the exception of 2022 Super Duty orders which are sometimes seeing later dates due to the microchip situation and other factors which Ford doesn't provide information on. 

Scheduling is done on Thursday's and VIN numbers are assigned when the order is scheduled. The exception is vehicles scheduled for export or vehicles produced in foreign plants (EcoSport, Transit Connect) for sale in North America which have VIN numbers assigned closer to production. There have been a number of reports lately from BOF members that have called Ford and been told that certain order status information is no longer available. I can't confirm this but it may be a reaction from Ford due to what I expect is a large increase in the volume of phone calls related to order status inquiries.

Dealers have 24/7 access to the Vehicle Visibility system which provides complete information on order history, scheduling, production and shipping status. Customers that have placed retail factory orders are encouraged to contact their Dealer for the latest order status.      

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Blue Oval Forums_Production Week Scheduling_2021-07-26.pdf

Blue Oval Forums_Production Week Scheduling_2021-07-26_Page_1.jpg

Blue Oval Forums_Production Week Scheduling_2021-07-26_Page_2.jpg

Edited by ice-capades
Format

Blue Oval Forums_Production Week Scheduling_2021-08-02.pdf

Blue Oval Forums_Production Week Scheduling_2021-08-02_Page_1.jpg

Blue Oval Forums_Production Week Scheduling_2021-08-02_Page_2.jpg

Edited by ice-capades
Format
  • Like 3

Blue Oval Forums_Production Week Scheduling_2021-08-09.pdf

Blue Oval Forums_Production Week Scheduling_2021-08-09_Page_1.jpg

Blue Oval Forums_Production Week Scheduling_2021-08-09_Page_2.jpg

Edited by ice-capades
Format

Blue Oval Forums_Production Week Scheduling_2021-08-16.pdf

Blue Oval Forums_Production Week Scheduling_2021-08-16_Page_1.jpg

Blue Oval Forums_Production Week Scheduling_2021-08-16_Page_2.jpg

Edited by ice-capades

• 2 weeks later...

Blue Oval Forums_Production Week Scheduling_2021-08-23.pdf

Blue Oval Forums_Production Week Scheduling_2021-08-23_Page_1.jpg

Blue Oval Forums_Production Week Scheduling_2021-08-23_Page_2.jpg

Edited by ice-capades
Format
  • Like 2