Production Week Scheduling Information

It means they’re only scheduling dealer stock orders until the plant makes error free builds for 5 consecutive days at which point they’ll start building special orders and shipping vehicles directly from the line. All the ones made prior to that get held for inspection and possible repair.

• Like 1

PRODUCTION WEEK SCHEDULING INFORMATION FOR THE WEEK OF 10/29/2018

2019 ECOSPORT No Scheduling

2019 EDGE Scheduling for Build Week 12/17/2018

2019 ESCAPE Scheduling for Build Week 12/17/2018

2019 EXPEDITION Scheduling for Build Week 12/17/2018

2019 EXPLORER Scheduling for Build Weeks 12/31/2018, 01/07/2019 & 01/14/2019

2019 F-150 No Scheduling. Retail orders will not be selected for scheduling until the “OK to Buy” status has been achieved.

2019 FIESTA Scheduling for Build Week 12/17/2018

2019 FLEX Scheduling for Build Week 12/17/2018

2019 FUSION Scheduling for Retail Orders Only

2019 MUSTANG Scheduling for Build Weeks 12/31/2018, 01/07/2019 & 01/14/2019

2019 RANGER Scheduling for Build Weeks 12/31/2018 & 01/07/2019. Until the Okay to Buy has been achieved, retail orders will not be selected for scheduling. Only retail orders that have been verified through the Retail Order Verification Program will be selected for scheduling.

2019 F-SERIES SD Scheduling for Build Weeks 11/26/2018

2019 TAURUS Scheduling for Build Weeks 12/31/2018, 01/07/2019 & 01/14/2019

2019 TRANSIT Cleanup Scheduling

2019 TRANSIT CONNECT Cleanup Scheduling

2019 LINCOLN CONTINENTAL Cleanup Scheduling

2019 LINCOLN MKC Scheduling for Build Week 12/17/2018

2019 LINCOLN MKT No Scheduling

2019 LINCOLN MKZ Scheduling for Build Week 12/17/2018

2019 LINCOLN NAUTILUS Scheduling for Build Week 12/17/2018

2019 LINCOLN NAVIGATOR Scheduling for Build Week 12/17/2018

ice-capades, I hope you can provide some insight on this topic: Typically, how long does it take after a Lincoln dealer submits an order for a customer-ordered vehicle for that vehicle to show up in that vehicles production week scheduling?

I placed an order for an MKZ a week ago last Wednesday (the 17th) but the dealer with which I placed the order submits its orders to Lincoln on Tuesdays, so presumably my order was submitted by the dealer on Tuesday, the 23rd.

Is it likely that my order would be included in the production week scheduling for MKZs as listed here, such that I can expect my Z to be produced the week of the 17th of December? Or do things happen that fast? Thank you in advance.

Edited by 1984Poke

ice-capades, I hope you can provide some insight on this topic: Typically, how long does it take after a Lincoln dealer submits an order for a customer-ordered vehicle for that vehicle to show up in that vehicles production week scheduling?

I placed an order for an MKZ a week ago last Wednesday (the 17th) but the dealer with which I placed the order submits its orders to Lincoln on Tuesdays, so presumably my order was submitted by the dealer on Tuesday, the 23rd.

Is it likely that my order would be included in the production week scheduling for MKZs as listed here, such that I can expect my Z to be produced the week of the 17th of December? Or do things happen that fast? Thank you in advance.

As fuzzymoomoo stated. It depends on whether the Dealer has scheduling allocation, the Priority Code and how many other MKZ retail orders the Dealer has in their USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank). FYI... other Dealer's orders have no bearing on your Dealer's scheduling.

• Thanks 1

OK, so while it is at least possible that my Z would be included in the next production week's scheduling and scheduled for building the week of 17 December, (a) there is just no way to know that now and (b) that's not especially likely, correct?

Thanks to both of you, by the way.

OK, so while it is at least possible that my Z would be included in the next production week's scheduling and scheduled for building the week of 17 December, (a) there is just no way to know that now and (b) that's not especially likely, correct?

Thanks to both of you, by the way.

The easiest way to find out is to call and ask your Dealer if they have scheduling allocation for MKZ's and for which scheduling week. You'll want to talk directly to the Sales Manager or whoever manages their order bank. The Sales Representatives usually know little about the scheduling process, etc.

Ford is pretty good at scheduling retail orders, at times even when a Dealer doesn't have allocation, and with Lincoln I'd expect that it's easier due to their lower volume.

Ford has updated the order guides for almost all vehicle lines. I'll upload the revised order guides to the Order Guide Section later this morning. There are no updates for Lincoln models as of this morning but I'll check again later this morning.

Edited by ice-capades

I'm preparing to order a 2019 Lincoln MKC but am curious to know if the Louisville Assembly Plant will shut down any time for the holidays in December/January? I see production is scheduled for the week of 12/17. Also, does anyone know if they offer plant tours to the public? Many thanks, T

Tom

Ford has updated the order guides for almost all vehicle lines. I'll upload the revised order guides to the Order Guide Section later this morning. There are no updates for Lincoln models as of this morning but I'll check again later this morning.

Crossing my fingers hoping 'Ok To Buy' was obtained for the F-150 line. Thanks ice-capades.

I'm glad my Raptor isn't scheduled to be built until next Wednesday. Wonder what caused the 'ok to buy' status to not change. Thank you for your help.

To achieve "OK to buy" they have to go 5 consecutive days with no errors. One error on day 4.9 and the clock starts over. It's pretty rare though for what is essentially a carryover vehicle.

• Like 1

I just found out yesterday that the Mustang GT that I ordered is sitting at the assembly plant for inspection and possible repair due to engine issues. I would rather my car be repaired (if needed) at the assembly plant versus having my motor blow a few months after getting it and have a dealership fix it. I don't believe a dealership would have the same standards as the plant does.