Production Week Scheduling Information

2020 Order Guide Updates

2020MY Order Guides have been uploaded to the Product Order Guides section for the following vehicles.

• 2020 Edge
  • 2020 Expedition
  • 2020 Explorer
  • 2020 Fusion
  • 2020 Mustang
  • 2020 Super Duty
  • 2020 Transit
  • 2020 Lincoln Aviator
  • 2020 Lincoln Continental
  • 2020 Lincoln MKZ
  • 2020 Lincoln Nautilus

I recently order a 2020 Mustang GT and I am still awaiting a production date. I am new to the site and just wanted to make sure I understand how the scheduling for builds works. From my understanding since I have not yet received a VIN that means my build week will not be until after 11/4/2019. Also typically how long after a build date is assigned do you receive a VIN? I apologize if this is not the correct location for these questions. 

On 9/7/2019 at 7:51 AM, dmrobbi1 said:

I recently order a 2020 Mustang GT and I am still awaiting a production date. I am new to the site and just wanted to make sure I understand how the scheduling for builds works. From my understanding since I have not yet received a VIN that means my build week will not be until after 11/4/2019. Also typically how long after a build date is assigned do you receive a VIN? I apologize if this is not the correct location for these questions. 

Scheduling information is available in the Ford Motor Company Discussion Forum. If you don't have a VIN number your vehicle will be scheduled for production sometime after the week of 10/28/2019. It could be scheduled for production the week of 11/04/2019 if your Dealer has scheduling allocation and there are no commodity/option issues with your order specifications. VIN numbers are assigned at the time the vehicle order is "Submitted to the Plant" and scheduled. 

• Thanks 1

Can you  tell me how Scheduled to Week of, relates to Scheduling for Build week, are they same thing?

It is my understanding the "Scheduled to Week of" refers to the week the car will be finished and rolls off the production line.

What does "Scheduling for Build week" refer too?

I appreciate the charts, just trying to understand what I am seeing.

Thanks for your help.

Edited by Snoopy51

2 hours ago, Snoopy51 said:

Can you  tell me how Scheduled to Week of, relates to Scheduling for Build week, are they same thing?

It is my understanding the "Scheduled to Week of" refers to the week the car will be finished and rolls off the production line.

What does "Scheduling for Build week" refer too?

I appreciate the charts, just trying to understand what I am seeing.

Thanks for your help.

Basically the same thing. The first step in the scheduling process is for the order to be scheduled for a production week. The VIN number is assigned at that time. A short time later the production schedule is reduced to a specific scheduled production date. The actual production process, as reported, starts days before the scheduled production date which is explained in the scheduling process post, referenced in my reply above, in the Ford Motor Company Discussion Forum. 

• Thanks 2

Thx, Joey.

Final question:

You said scheduling was done for the week of 11/18/2019, now you are talking about scheduling for the Dezember production.

That would mean, that there would be no production in last week of November. Is that correct or do I missunderstand something?

Edited by DieterG

12 hours ago, DieterG said:

Thx, Joey.

Final question:

You said scheduling was done for the week of 11/18/2019, now you are talking about scheduling for the Dezember production.

That would mean, that there would be no production in last week of November. Is that correct or do I missunderstand something?

The plant has no scheduled down time until the week of December 23rd. It's possible that the plant may be scheduled to produce vehicles for export during weeks when no scheduling is done for U.S. and Canadian Dealers. I'm not certain of this and perhaps someone else who works for Ford and knows how the Flat Rock plant operates can add more input to help answer your question. 

• Thanks 1

Per notice received from the Centralized Field Order Scheduling office...

• Until further notice, Mustang orders with the Performance Package - Level 2 (673) will not be selected for scheduling.
  • On Thursday, October 10th... EcoSport, Edge, Escape, Expedition, Explorer, Fusion, Mustang & Super Duty orders will not be selected for scheduling.