Production Week Scheduling Information

@ice-capades, When looking at the scheduling as you have posted, it shows F-Series Super Duty. I special ordered retail my F-250 from the dealer on 10-18-19. There were two F-350's special ordered retail on 11-8-19 from the same dealer. When it came to the week of 11-18-19 scheduling week, all three trucks were given VIN #'s with the last 5 #'s in sequential order (42916, 42917, 42918), with mine being the one in the middle. One of the F-350's was an XL with the 7.3 motor and the other was a Lariat with the 6.7 motor. Mine is an F-250 with a 7.3 motor. The two F-350's have been built and shipped but my F-250 was pushed out to 01-27-20. Could there be a reason why pushed out that far from 11/18?

6 hours ago, jelange64 said:

@ice-capades, When looking at the scheduling as you have posted, it shows F-Series Super Duty. I special ordered retail my F-250 from the dealer on 10-18-19. There were two F-350's special ordered retail on 11-8-19 from the same dealer. When it came to the week of 11-18-19 scheduling week, all three trucks were given VIN #'s with the last 5 #'s in sequential order (42916, 42917, 42918), with mine being the one in the middle. One of the F-350's was an XL with the 7.3 motor and the other was a Lariat with the 6.7 motor. Mine is an F-250 with a 7.3 motor. The two F-350's have been built and shipped but my F-250 was pushed out to 01-27-20. Could there be a reason why pushed out that far from 11/18?

Vehicles are not necessarily produced in sequence by the VIN numbers. There are a lot of different commodity issues that can cause the scheduled production of a vehicle to be pushed back and commodity issues/restrictions can vary by region. Trim (XL, XLT, Lariat, etc.) wouldn't cause a delay nor would the powertrain. There has to be a particular option on your order that caused the scheduled production to be pushed back due to a plant constraint, supplier problem, etc. Your Dealer should be able to tell you why your vehicle status changed. If they don't know they can contact their Ford Zone Manager or the regional scheduler for the answer. 

• Thanks 1

On 12/31/2019 at 1:56 AM, ice-capades said:

Vehicles are not necessarily produced in sequence by the VIN numbers. There are a lot of different commodity issues that can cause the scheduled production of a vehicle to be pushed back and commodity issues/restrictions can vary by region. Trim (XL, XLT, Lariat, etc.) wouldn't cause a delay nor would the powertrain. There has to be a particular option on your order that caused the scheduled production to be pushed back due to a plant constraint, supplier problem, etc. Your Dealer should be able to tell you why your vehicle status changed. If they don't know they can contact their Ford Zone Manager or the regional scheduler for the answer. 

Did talk to the sales guy. They do not have an exact reason and seems like they didn't want to contact the regional people. I did find that an F-250, just like mine with the exception of the front seat, was sent to production. I have been finding out that most vehicles that have been being built is with the 40/console/40 seats and not the bench in leather, which mine is the 40/20/40 bench. That is the only thing I can figure. Thank you for all your help. I will just have to wait until mid next month to get my vehicle. When I do, I will post pics.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, jfitzy78 said:

What is the typical timeline from when Ford accepts a retail order from a dealer for an allocated item to receive a vin?

It varies by vehicle and it depends on whether the dealer has allocation available or not, but from what I've seen it's typically around 3 weeks give or take.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dlghtjr90 said:

Has the Fusion PHEV ended its production? I do not see any official words out, but I cannot find a single vehicle in stock using the Build my Ford which has usually turn out to be accurate.

The FHEV variant also seem very rare only going to select dealers.

The Fusion Hybrid models (Hybrid & Energi) are still being scheduled and produced through Balance Out. 

3 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

The Fusion Hybrid models (Hybrid & Energi) are still being scheduled and produced through Balance Out. 

That's great to hear. Perhaps it's because my search radius was based on SE Michigan; I searched again with a zip code in San Diego and I'm glad to see Hybrid and Energi in stock.

By the way, I noticed Ford changed calling it from 'Energi' to 'Plug-In' including on the trunk badge that seems to be borrowed from the latest Escape Hybrid.

image.png.e403c4328f33ee429f39a0deac2d565b.png

image.png.e42527dafcf3c4e99f0f46d2e65e2db5.png

RETAIL PRICE INCREASES - Effective 03/02/2020

Cars
20MY Fusion (All Variants) Increase Destination and Delivery Prices $200 MSRP
20MY Mustang Increase Destination and Delivery Prices $100 MSRP

SUVs
20MY EcoSport Increase Destination and Delivery Prices $150 MSRP
20MY Escape Increase Destination and Delivery Prices $50 MSRP
19MY Edge Increase Destination and Delivery Prices $150 MSRP
20MY Explorer (All Variants) Increase Destination and Delivery Prices $50 MSRP
20MY Expedition Increase Destination and Delivery Prices $300 MSRP

Trucks and Commercial
20MY F-150 Increase All Series Prices $250 MSRP
Increase Destination and Delivery Prices $100 MSRP
20MY Super Duty Increase All Series Prices $330 MSRP
Increase Destination and Delivery Prices $100 MSRP
20MY Transit Increase Destination and Delivery Prices $200 MSRP

1 hour ago, bbf2530 said:

Hi ice-capades. Is it still possible to place a retail order for the 2020 Lincoln MKZ, or has retail ordering closed?

Thank you.

Ford is doing the final Fusion scheduling this week through the Balance Out on 06/04/2020 and Lincoln is scheduling MKZ orders for production the week of 04/27/2020. So it's hard to guess at what the difference in production weeks being scheduled this week... Fusion vs. MKZ. A retail order always has scheduling priority over stock orders but I'd have to say it's a long shot. In any event, the MKZ order would have to be in the Lincoln USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) tomorrow to have any chance of being scheduled. That's assuming that the MKZ schedule is correct as published. 

Hi ice-capades. Thank you. Was asking for an online friend who is hoping to get a factory order in for a 2020 MKZ.

After posting this question earlier, I called my salesperson at my Lincoln Dealership. He told me yes, but better order before the end of the month. But to be honest, although I trust him when buying a car, I trust you more for information. ?

Thanks again and good luck.