2005 Ford Focus zx4

Webbyy3030

I hit a deer the other night and it busted my radiator but Ive replaced the radiator and now when it starts up it idles rough and then it dies I replaced the Mass Air Flow Sensor in it I can drive it now but when I come to a stop it tries to die sometimes it does die but when I go to accelerate its like it doesnt have the power so I had it hooked up to a scanner and its showing 9 codes and it shows it all coming from the intake and it still shows the MAF sensor after I changed it! What else could causethis problem?

Sounds like a vacuum leak. Or could be a leak after the mass air flow sensor. The intake is close to the radiator and it could have gotten cracked. What codes do you have? Post them and Ill see if I can help. If its circuit codes for the maf then I would inspect wiring. If its lean codes, I would inspect for vacuum leak. Use throttle body cleaner to spray intake while engine is running and see if it smooths out.

That era Focus had may have had an extended service air filter on it, much like the Donaldson units on Super Duty. Your crash may have damaged it. This can allow dirt/debris onto the MAF and cause issues or simply flow air across the MAF wrong.