Seat Cooling?

libertas

I have a 2016 Mustang convertible. It has heated and cooled seats. The heating works great. Very hot. The cooling really does not work at all. The seat bottom cools a little on the highest setting, but I would swear the back actually gets warmer. It does not make any difference if the AC is on or off. Settings 1 and 2 make no perceptible difference from off. Only setting 3 has any effect at all - and it is barely anything. I have checked with a laser temp gun, so it is not just a "seat of the pants" measurement.

My Lexus (RX350) also has cooled seats and on its highest setting those feel like you are sitting in a cooler of ice water.

I know this is an issue many have experienced, but the search function here is failing me. Having been away from the forums for awhile, I was wondering if there was ever a fix for these not-really-cooling seats?

Yes, I took it to the dealer when the car was brand new - in summer of 2016 - but they said there was nothing they could do. At the time, owners on the internet also agreed there wasn't much anyone could do to make them work.

I'm just checking in a couple years later to see if that is still the case.

Thanks.

There was a guy on the F150 forum who 3d printed some ductwork that seemed to help a lot but didn't completely fix the problem. There is no other real fix but there was a TSB from Ford that replaced some parts that helped a little. Since you complained about it back in 2016 they might honor it now even if it's out of warranty.

We have them on our 2016 MKX and they are nothing like the old ones we had on our 2003 Aviator. The new design sucks.

Ford has started calling them Ventilated seats on the 2019 models.