Howdy!

racrguy

I stumbled upon the forums here in hunt for my new car. Unfortunately, the hunt proved ineffective in the Texas area, so I'm having to have a car built. Before we get to the new car, a bit of history on my Ford history. My first Ford was a 1984 Bronco with a 351W and a 2 barrel carb (I thought it was quick, but it was anything but) I love that truck, it was bought new by my parents and they've still got it, my second Ford was a new 2002 Ranger Tremor that I still own but is getting traded in on the new Mustang. In 2014 I bought a 1986 Mustang GT that had a GT40 aluminum top end and practically the entire Maximum Motorsports catalog thrown at it along with a T-56. I sold that car back to the gentleman I bought it from, and now I understand why he bought it back. MAN that was a fun car, not particularly fast at only 275 RWHP, but it didn't have any problems getting out of its own way. On to the new car I'm having built, it's a '19 GT Premium in Velocity Blue, 401A, PP2, Active Exhaust, and B&O stereo. I live about 45 miles from MSR Cresson so I hope to have the car out there more than a few times, I've just got to wait until September or October to get my hands on it, the wait is almost unbearable. I was about 30 minutes from buying a GT350, but when I test drove a used one they had on their lot, I found that the seats were absolutely too small for a man my size (6'5, 250.) The backs felt great, but the seat bottoms were far too small, I felt like I was sitting on top of one of the bolsters. With me ordering the car, not only do I get 9/10'ths of the GT350, but I save just under 20 grand in doing so. I will say, if you've not heard a GT350 at full song in person, I'm here to tell you it's a thing of glory, better than any sound clip you'll hear on the web.

• 4 weeks later...