F150 vs. Mini Cooper

akirby

The mini cooper lost. But not as bad as I expected.

We were going about 40 and I had to stop suddenly for cars stopped in front of me unexpectedly. The 20 something girl in the Mini Cooper behind me wasn't paying attention. After I stopped I saw her behind me and she hit the brakes late. I was able to move up about 3 feet hoping she could stop but no such luck. She probably hit me at about 25 mph. I barely felt it. Only damage on the truck was the bumper and hitch and a couple of small dings on the tailgate. Lucky for her I did not have a hitch. But my plastic UGA hitch cover is toast.

The mini cooper only had visible damage to the bumper and grille and maybe the hood. Headlamps seemed to be ok and the radiator didn't appear to be impacted. That is one well built vehicle. Airbags deployed though so it wasn't driveable.

We both have Geico so insurance shouldn't be a problem - she was clearly at fault. Better to be on this end than the other end when my daughter did the same thing and totaled her 2012 Focus when she was 16.

Daughter got mad when I made reference to her doing the same thing and totaling her Focus several years ago. Surprisingly I wasn't the least bit upset - I was just glad she wasn't injured. One of those life lessons you usually have to learn the hard way.

On the bright side I might be able to fanagle a tailgate with the builtin step that I wanted.

• Like 1

Daughter got mad when I made reference to her doing the same thing and totaling her Focus several years ago. Surprisingly I wasn't the least bit upset - I was just glad she wasn't injured. One of those life lessons you usually have to learn the hard way.

On the bright side I might be able to fanagle a tailgate with the builtin step that I wanted.

I got the step on my 2018. I'll never go without it.

I got the step on my 2018. I'll never go without it.

I was all set to order one with the step and a couple of other things but I found one on the lot with everything else I wanted and the 3.5LEB, so I decided not to wait. I figured I would end up replacing the tailgate at some point anyway (but didn't think it would be 4 months after I bought it).