2018 Ford EcoSport Ownership 5 Month Update

phil1336

Update on that RPM rating traveling at 75 MPH recently on I75 from Ft Lauderdale over to Naples, FL. Closer to 2600-2700 RPM. This Engine was too small for its weight an poor aerodynamics. Ford should upgrade quickly to a slightly larger EcoBoost Engine for 2019 MY.

Theyre not going to. EcoSport is what it is until its replaced by the Baby Bronco/Maverick in 2-3 years.

Theyre not going to. EcoSport is what it is until its replaced by the Baby Bronco/Maverick in 2-3 years.

I don't think the Ecosport is going to magically go away when the Baby Bronco/Maverick comes out- it will be the cost leader that would be taken up by Fiesta or stripper Foci.

I'm assuming the lineup is going to be something like this:

Ecosport $19000

Focus Active $21000

Maverick $2100

Fusion Active $23000

Escape $24000

I don't think the Ecosport is going to magically go away when the Baby Bronco/Maverick comes out- it will be the cost leader that would be taken up by Fiesta or stripper Foci.

I'm assuming the lineup is going to be something like this:

Ecosport $19000

Focus Active $21000

Maverick $2100

Fusion Active $23000

Escape $24000

Im going with what Assimilator had said. He said something about a next gen EcoSport not being in the plan for North America.

Thank that I think anyone on this Site cares or is curious (but) Honda`s "Refreshed" 2019 HR-V`s Base Model has done almost 5K! My 2017 ran 20K in Base LX Trim. Its replacement does have a few added gadgets an add on but a $5000 jump? Value shoppers in the Baby CUV Market might start looking elsewhere despite being as Loyal or more so to Hondaas Appleheads are to Apple Products.

Thank that I think anyone on this Site cares or is curious (but) Honda`s "Refreshed" 2019 HR-V`s Base Model has done almost 5K! My 2017 ran 20K in Base LX Trim. Its replacement does have a few added gadgets an add on but a $5000 jump? Value shoppers in the Baby CUV Market might start looking elsewhere despite being as Loyal or more so to Hondaas Appleheads are to Apple Products.

5k?

https://www.autoblog.com/2018/07/24/2019-honda-hr-v-pricing-sport-touring-features/

Though initially revealed about a month ago, Honda has finally announced the nitty-gritty details on the 2019 Honda HR-V compact crossover SUV. One disappointing detail is the fact that the HR-V will no longer be available with a manual transmission. This is a bit ironic considering that Honda has added a Sport trim level for this year, and that the company ran a manual transmission clinic earlier this year. Sport is one of two new trims, the other being Touring.

Pricing was also among the new details announced for the new model year, and like most other new vehicles, prices have crept up across the board. The increases are pretty modest. The least amount of cost increase is from the CVT-equipped LX of 2018 to the 2019 LX. Between the two, the price only went up $50. The biggest increase is between EX models with the CVT, a jump of $200. All of the prices are displayed below.

post-6726-0-35744400-1533341989.png

post-6726-0-35744400-1533341989_thumb.png

Edited by Anthony

I stand corrected! I got those numbers off the Honda HR-V Blog a few weeks ago when (someone) supposedly got this imformation from a Honda Dealer (before) Honda released its 2019 Prices an before the 2019 Honda HR-V`s hit the Dealers lot. Actually, I was expecting a more significant refresh. My 2017 Honda HR-V doesn't look totally dated. I am a Ford enthusiast, have been so since 1963, before Cell Phones an MP3. The Honda HR-V is no doubt the smarter choice then the Ford EcoSport at this price point. Superior Fuel Economy an more importantly, much better Re-Sale residual value. 6 months out and I have seen a total of "2" EcoSports on the road in SE FL? Hopefully, Ford is having better luck getting them off the lot in other parts of the country.

There is a new EcoSport in development with a new code but there is zero indication that it's appearing in the US. So I am considering it off the table especially since so many other vehicles are on the schedule.

I actually don't have a clear idea on how much the CX430 will cost but to me it certainly looks cheaper than the new Escape. The rugged design helps to give style and personality to an otherwise cheaper/smaller vehicle which tends to work well for other inexpensive utilities in this segment. Personality adds value to cheaper cars, and it won't overlap as much with the Escape as EcoSport does right now. I would not be entirely surprised if Ford just wants to get out of the sub $20K business entirely. It's not that high volume and it has always been money-losing. If they can fill their factories with a richer mix then I'm sure they will do that.

I think Ford just wants to expand it's customer growth in the heart of the small utility segments, not necessarily just cover the entire range of price competitors. The big volume is around Escape and that market has been divided up too much so CX430 and new Escape should help Ford grow among these customers. Ford isn't the only one doing that, but Ford is going about it slightly differently with a more 'rugged' personality for one and a civilized personalty for the other. Jeep and Subaru are clearly inspiring Ford on these products and should give the Ford the customer diversity it needs.

Edited by Assimilator

There is a new EcoSport in development with a new code but there is zero indication that it's appearing in the US. So I am considering it off the table especially since so many other vehicles are on the schedule.

I actually don't have a clear idea on how much the CX430 will cost but to me it certainly looks cheaper than the new Escape. The rugged design helps to give style and personality to an otherwise cheaper/smaller vehicle which tends to work well for other inexpensive utilities in this segment. Personality adds value to cheaper cars, and it won't overlap as much with the Escape as EcoSport does right now. I would not be entirely surprised if Ford just wants to get out of the sub $20K business entirely. It's not that high volume and it has always been money-losing. If they can fill their factories with a richer mix then I'm sure they will do that.

I think Ford just wants to expand it's customer growth in the heart of the small utility segments, not necessarily just cover the entire range of price competitors. The big volume is around Escape and that market has been divided up too much so CX430 and new Escape should help Ford grow among these customers. Ford isn't the only one doing that, but Ford is going about it slightly differently with a more 'rugged' personality for one and a civilized personalty for the other. Jeep and Subaru are clearly inspiring Ford on these products and should give the Ford the customer diversity it needs.

Ford history is that it always follows the market and never leads perhaps with the exception of F-Series and Mustang. As a result, Ford is most always playing "catch up" and must offer a better vehicle that takes years to accomplish what it considers a successful sales rate.

Escape shoulders on with reduced sales and EcoSport picks up lost Escape sales on the lower end of the market. So is EcoSport helping long term or just a speculated placeholder model?

The Ford Courier is joined by a Crossover with the same code, so I'm assuming we are getting another smaller affordable utility somewhere around 2022. I can't help but wonder if that's our (NA/SA) EcoSport replacement so EcoSport will likely continue as the cheapest utility until that shows up.

Edited by Assimilator