RPMs jumping on slow down

zypherillius

We bought an 2018 Focus with the 2 litre, 6 speed automatic transmission brand new in Jsnusry, its now may and things seem uneasy. its got a whopping 7800 miles on it, thats why im concerned.

the rear driver door window clicking when closing, the rear passenger window seems to raise unevenly(the back portion goes up ahead of the front.) finally, the coup de grais, right before stopping, the tach jumps 400-500 rpm before dropping back to idle.

any ideas or experiences to maybe help me out?

Thank you,

Andy

The rear window is somewhat normal. Theres only one track the regulator uses to raise and lower the window (unlike the front which has 2). I wouldnt worry about that

Not sure what the front window is. I would suggest using the warranty on that.

The engine I wouldnt worry about either. I have a 2008 Focus that does the same thing. Always has and its pushing 200k miles.

Are you aware that your transmission is a DCT (dual clutch transmission) as opposed to a regular automatic transmission? It works differently. It's essentially two 3 speed manual transmissions with a computer controlled clutch so it will work and feel different than a normal torque converter automatic. What you're feeling is probably just normal downshifting - in a regular tranny the torque converter would hide a lot of that. It's probably normal. What isn't normal is shuddering as you're accelerating. If you feel that get it back to the dealer.