2019 Escape Order Guide

ice-capades

Biggest thing I notice are no more LED tailights (lol) but, SE and SELs get standard remote start, push button start, and smart key access now. SE's get sync 3 standard now too. Titanium get standard 19" wheels now.

Most annoying thing is the vista roof is not a stand alone option now (On the SEL its only packaged with the old Titanium wheel).

But, then again this gen is on its way out anyways.

Escape has the world's least visible taillights, the LED update did help that out in 2017. Too bad about the cost cutting, I assume they've taken other measures to squeeze more cost out of the Escape.

Along with the paddle shifters they also deleted the single CD player so I assume that slot in the dash top is gone.

Edited by Assimilator

I dont understand why deleting the paddle shifters is apparently such a big deal. Does anyone really use those?

It is useful when driving in the mountains (used ours just a couple of weeks ago to hold 2nd gear). Also useful when you want to force a downshift or two before pulling out to pass - you can do that without shifting to S mode (it goes back to auto after a few seconds).

I’m not convinced they’re leaving them off - we’ll have to wait and see. It’s also possible the new transmission has new drive modes that make them less useful.

It is useful when driving in the mountains (used ours just a couple of weeks ago to hold 2nd gear). Also useful when you want to force a downshift or two before pulling out to pass - you can do that without shifting to S mode (it goes back to auto after a few seconds).

Im not convinced theyre leaving them off - well have to wait and see. Its also possible the new transmission has new drive modes that make them less useful.

19 Escape isnt getting the new transmission

2.0l Ecoboost + trailer tow is now fleet only on SE and SEL. With deletes and other ordering limits, buildable choices have been reduced as previously advertised.

I was surprised about that 2.0L EB being fleet only on SE and SEL since it had previously been only offered on Titanium with 1.5L EB being on SE and SEL. Another thing that surprises me is that it seems that trailer towing package has been dropped for the SE and SEL with 1.5L EB? I wonder why. I think the 2019 model year is planned to be a short run as the all-new 2020 will likely roll out sometime in spring of 2019. Ford usually reduces and deletes some option choices in the short-run final year of generation to prepare for all-new redesigned/updated era. Look at the Fusion for 2019 for example with reduced options and trimline simplifications. The 8-speed auto is not even offered on Fusion since the sedan will go away after 2020. I'm thinking we may actually see some kind of announcement regarding the 2020 Escape pretty soon whether or not it's a full press reveal. Otherwise, we may see it by the Los Angeles Auto Show as the latest.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Will there be a short '20 run and then all new 2021 next winter/spring? Rare to make changes for one year, but then most of these were cost cutting. Car companies are businesses, not museums for hobbyists wanting to see 1 of 1 option combinations.

But also, who pays full sticker anymore for mainstream cars/trucks? Discounting is expected, which is why Ford dropped cars. More meat on the bone with trucks, and can say "$5000 off sticker" and still make some money.

Maybe electric power will bring cars back, but no more "cheap" cars.

Edited by 630land

• 1 year later...
43 minutes ago, MikeHTally said:

I've down-shifted automatics for fifty years or so, on every slush-box I've owned. Effective, not difficult.

I drop down a gear pretty much every time I'm on M-14 going over the Huron River in AA, to compression brake on the way down, and climb the hill on the way back up.

HRG