2018 Navigator Daytime Running Lamp

Hey guys. I'm new to the forum. But I visited frequently before purchasing a new Navigator for my wife, so thanks for all the input! Anyways, about 3 weeks after purchasing the vehicle, the passenger side daytime running lights (the led lights) stopped working. I let them know and they finally got the replacement in. Well, it just got replaced today and when I got home the running lights stopped working again. I called service and am scheduled to bring it back in next week. I just wanted to know if anyone has any similar issues? Thank you in advance!

Steve from Utah

• Like 1

Sorry if this is a silly question but where do I find this service bulletin?

You don't normally - those are for the dealer service departments to help them fix common problems. But if you google it you might find some info online.

• 2 weeks later...

We just had our driver side one go out. Ugh! Will see what happens.

Fitdadd77 please keep us posted on what happens next week.

We got our Navi back on Thurs evening. It was at the dealer from Mon-Thurs.

They initially found the headlight assembly to be defective. However, they informed us that since it is a $4000 part that they were instructed by Lincoln to perform extensive testing on every component that has to do with the headlight. That took four days.

Also, they informed me on Wed that they had ordered a headlight but it was on backorder with no time estimate. I called the concierge service and asked if they could provide additional info. They said they would work on it. Somehow, miraculously a headlight appeared the next day?? The dealer attributes it to my concierge call.

Anyway, it seems to be in working order. I think Lincoln needs to bite the bullet and admit they got a bad lot of these led headlights.

Lets hope this is the last of these gremlins.

We got our Navi back on Thurs evening. It was at the dealer from Mon-Thurs.

They initially found the headlight assembly to be defective. However, they informed us that since it is a $4000 part that they were instructed by Lincoln to perform extensive testing on every component that has to do with the headlight. That took four days.

Also, they informed me on Wed that they had ordered a headlight but it was on backorder with no time estimate. I called the concierge service and asked if they could provide additional info. They said they would work on it. Somehow, miraculously a headlight appeared the next day?? The dealer attributes it to my concierge call.

Anyway, it seems to be in working order. I think Lincoln needs to bite the bullet and admit they got a bad lot of these led headlights.

Lets hope this is the last of these gremlins.

Im glad you got your headlamp fixed. Your call may have helped get the part faster. However, I have seen parts that show a back order or no stock and to expect a long time to get and it just shows up. I think Lincoln is trying to fix these issues as quick as possible. Im sure there was not 4 days of testing. Im sure the dealer contacted tech hotline and that took forever for a response. Either way Im happy for you to get your navigator fixed.

I think Lincoln needs to bite the bullet and admit they got a bad lot of these led headlights.

I'm sure they believe it as much as you do, it's the supplier that they need to make the case to. I expect Lincoln corporate isn't asking for the examination to save a dollar, they need the evidence to make their case with the supplier who's naturally going to stand by their product and try to blame something else. The only argument to that is to make sure everything else is vetted.