Jimmy's new job

MTP'er

Settles has been named group executive in charge of neighborhoods

"I thought there's one person in this town who for 50 years has made sure everyone in his union was taken care of," Duggan said. "By the time his career was done, he was representing 100,000 Ford workers and he made sure everyone of those 100,000 union members was treated fairly.

As my signature sez

Edited by MTP'er

Not only has Jimmy been the "work so hard for the members kinda guy" he has helped fellow executive board members like the Jewell of FCA too....

UAW Ford Department

September 14, 2015

OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Jimmy Settles, UAW-Ford vice president

This morning, on behalf of the National Ford Department, I agreed to an extension of our current collective bargaining agreement with Ford Motor Company. The current agreement was set to expire at 11:59 p.m. this evening. The details of the letter are attached.

As the UAW and FCA enter more targeted discussions, I have full faith and confidence that UAW President Dennis Williams and Fiat Chrysler Automobiles "Vice President Norwood Jewell will set the tone" and negotiate an agreement that meets the needs and demands of the entire UAW-FCA membership.

I will continue to keep you updated as information becomes available regarding collective bargaining negotiations with Ford Motor Company.

In solidarity,

Jimmy Settles

Little did the membership know just what "tone" was being set in these last negotiations.

Edited by Decker

• 4 weeks later...