Body Shop Stage?

tjking30

What akirby said. Its a pretty cool process to watch. The robots look like an automated ballet.

If you get a minute, go on YouTube and search National Geographic Mustang. It goes into more detail on the Mustang plant. Its the old model (from about 2012) but most of it is still relevant today.

• Like 2

That makes more sense. Still really cool if they use the robots that turn the bodies to get the coating distributed. I guess some just run the body through upright.

The Sort of do. Its integrated right into the conveyer. Its hard to explain without a visual. I dont know if any Ford plant that doesnt use the bath technique. Edited by fuzzymoomoo

The Sort of do. Its integrated right into the conveyer. Its hard to explain without a visual. I dont know if any Ford plant that doesnt use the bath technique.

I think it was one of the exotics I saw on How It's Made that used the arm that rotated and revolved the entire chassis.

This is a video of the production at Genk before closure, it shows the whole process of construction

on Mondeo, S-Max and Galaxy from start to finish.

It's in Dutch so grab some beers and pretend that a friend commenting on everything you see, enjoy.......

Edited by jpd80

• 5 months later...