Ford Retail Order Tracking Website Announcement

ice-capades

47 minutes ago, KenC said:

Thanks, i'm available to go up and help, ha, ha!  But seriously, 5+ months to get a Mustangs is unexceptable!  OBTW Bullits are available all over the place, priorities i guess ?

I mean I've been waiting since July. First I got hit with the Magneride backorder and now the steering wheel thing. All things considered they've taken care of the situations relatively quickly but especially with the steering wheel shortage they had to get people working again, build the steering wheels and start shipping them from Mexico to Michigan, and then get them installed on 8000 vehicles which is no small feat. I'm not happy about the wait either but at the same time I'd rather it all be done right. 

I've always preferred to order my vehicles but lately I've been able to find what I want on the lot.   It's really a crap shoot as to how long it will take with all the supplier and railroad issues.

One guy had his completed vehicle taken right off the assembly line by the NHTSA for random crash testing.   They tried to tell the NHTSA rep that this was a sold vehicle and could they take a different one and they said no.   Luckily the zone rep got it rushed back through with a priority 1 and I think he got it about 4 weeks later but still, you just never know.

My Mustang GT came off the line and went to the side on 2/18.  It was upfit with a wheel and released for shipment on 3/16, and is now in transit.  They're getting there, but it sounds like there's a big number to clear. Now, my EDD is still 2/28 and it keeps counting up the days to delivery by one every morning, but that just occasions a smile now.

The tracking website has been having its moments for the last day.  Yesterday morning there was a parts shortage announcement in bold above the timeline.  Then the bold went away.  Now the announcement appears both above and below the timeline, one type justified, one not.  The web designer needs another cup of coffee.  ?

Capture.thumb.PNG.aeae167b12eb8a0e4d689a059ddca44d.PNG

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, orangegrower said:

I just located a GT350 that a dealer ordered for stock. He says it has not left the plant. Is there anyway to track a dealer ordered car? 

A VIN number is needed to track a vehicle regardless of the order type (Stock, Retail, etc.) but if it's a vehicle you're interested in just call the Dealer! Dealer's have 24/7 access to vehicle status updates and can tell you when the car is due to arrive at the dealership. 

5 hours ago, ice-capades said:

A VIN number is needed to track a vehicle regardless of the order type (Stock, Retail, etc.) but if it's a vehicle you're interested in just call the Dealer! Dealer's have 24/7 access to vehicle status updates and can tell you when the car is due to arrive at the dealership. 

Thanks, It is sad that I have become skeptical of the information that dealers tell me. I was just trying to figure out a way to double check the information that I get from the dealers. They are not all on the up and up. I have been told that the Ford Vehicle chat site can help me with information and I will try that. 

10 hours ago, orangegrower said:

Thanks, It is sad that I have become skeptical of the information that dealers tell me. I was just trying to figure out a way to double check the information that I get from the dealers. They are not all on the up and up. I have been told that the Ford Vehicle chat site can help me with information and I will try that. 

I ordered a 2020 Ford Explorer ST from my dealer in Feb. They have done a terrible job with keeping me updated. They also ordered it as dealer stock instead of retail because they thought they would get it quicker. If they read about how Ford schedules orders, they would know that probably won't be the case. They won't even give me the build date, but someone on the forum was kind enough to look it up for me. Please let us know if you have luck getting information from the Ford Vehicle chat site.

1 minute ago, npnelson said:

I ordered a 2020 Ford Explorer ST from my dealer in Feb. They have done a terrible job with keeping me updated. They also ordered it as dealer stock instead of retail because they thought they would get it quicker. If they read about how Ford schedules orders, they would know that probably won't be the case. They won't even give me the build date, but someone on the forum was kind enough to look it up for me. Please let us know if you have luck getting information from the Ford Vehicle chat site.

The folks on the chat site were very helpful. You will need the VIN for the information. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, npnelson said:

Why don’t you take your business elsewhere?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, akirby said:

Why don’t you take your business elsewhere?

Great question - Their service department does good work and they have taken good care of me on the service side (in some part due to the fact that I buy new cars there too). Geography also plays a big role. So, I view it as the best of bad options and I'm willing to suck up a sub-par buying experience in exchange for years of a decent service experience. 

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, crozdub115 said:

Is this site still working? I've tried and it doesn't recognize my VIN. (1FM5K8GC0LGA12610)

Vehicle was ordered as a "Stock" unit and invoiced on 06/07/2019 to Orleans Ford in Medina, NY. I've attached a copy of the Window Sticker but I can only track vehicles for my dealership. Have you talked to the Dealer and asked them for a status update? You may also consider posting a tracking request in the appropriate forum here at BOF but make sure that you read the rules.  

1FM5K8GC0LGA12610_WS.pdf

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

Vehicle was ordered as a "Stock" unit and invoiced on 06/07/2019 to Orleans Ford in Medina, NY. I've attached a copy of the Window Sticker but I can only track vehicles for my dealership. Have you talked to the Dealer and asked them for a status update? You may also consider posting a tracking request in the appropriate forum here at BOF but make sure that you read the rules.  

1FM5K8GC0LGA12610_WS.pdf

Thank You. My dealer actually arranged for a dealer trade with this vehicle for me. I checked the BOF last night, and the update given was

- In Transit - Received - LD4574 (Norfolk Southern Corp )  Ramp 58, Melvindale, MI  Jul-07-2019, 10:34 ET.

I guess I was just more so curious why the last update given was a couple weeks ago. Is it normal for them to sit for a number of weeks without a update? I was also surprised it looks like its moving on a rail line since i'm in Buffalo, NY. Just assumed it would go direct on a car carrier.

5 hours ago, crozdub115 said:

Thank You. My dealer actually arranged for a dealer trade with this vehicle for me. I checked the BOF last night, and the update given was

- In Transit - Received - LD4574 (Norfolk Southern Corp )  Ramp 58, Melvindale, MI  Jul-07-2019, 10:34 ET.

I guess I was just more so curious why the last update given was a couple weeks ago. Is it normal for them to sit for a number of weeks without a update? I was also surprised it looks like its moving on a rail line since i'm in Buffalo, NY. Just assumed it would go direct on a car carrier.

I wouldn't say it's normal to sit at a loading dock that long but it's not unheard of either. They’re probably waiting for enough full cars heading in that direction to ship them out if I had to guess. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I received my VIN about a week ago, and when I try to search it on the Ford Vehicle Order Tracking site i receive this message "We're sorry. We are unable to process that VIN because it is not a valid USA Ford VIN. Please enter a valid VIN."  

If anyone could provide some insight as to why this might be happening I would greatly appreciate it. 

VIN: 1FA6P8CF0L5117255

4 hours ago, dmrobbi1 said:

I received my VIN about a week ago, and when I try to search it on the Ford Vehicle Order Tracking site i receive this message "We're sorry. We are unable to process that VIN because it is not a valid USA Ford VIN. Please enter a valid VIN."  

If anyone could provide some insight as to why this might be happening I would greatly appreciate it. 

VIN: 1FA6P8CF0L5117255 

The VIN number looks correct so I'd double check with your Dealer to make sure. Otherwise, it could be a reporting error on Ford's part. 

13 hours ago, ice-capades said:

The VIN number looks correct so I'd double check with your Dealer to make sure. Otherwise, it could be a reporting error on Ford's part. 

I checked with my dealer and they assured me that the VIN is correct. Is there anything that can be done to fix the reporting error so that I am able to track the progress of my order or will it just correct itself in time. 

2 hours ago, dmrobbi1 said:

I checked with my dealer and they assured me that the VIN is correct. Is there anything that can be done to fix the reporting error so that I am able to track the progress of my order or will it just correct itself in time. 

You can try contacting Ford and see what their response is about the error and wait to see if it gets fixed. There's no reason why the VIN number shouldn't work at the Ford tracking site, being a correct VIN as once a VIN is assigned it works in all other Ford systems. But then again, I don't know what the operational status is of the public tracking site and how reliable it is. If it's still considered a "Beta" site in development you may have to rely on your Dealer or the services of Ford employees elsewhere here on the BOF to get the status updates you require.  

Hi dmrobbi. If I put that VIN into another system, I get a build date of "30.11.0002" for a 5.0L Mustang with the 10 speed auto. That particular build date # is usually a "placeholder", meaning there is no build date scheduled yet.  It will probably show up in the Ford Tracking system shortly, it is just too early now.

Hope this information helps and good luck.

Edited by bbf2530

On 9/22/2019 at 6:39 PM, bbf2530 said:

Hi dmrobbi. If I put that VIN into another system, I get a build date of "30.11.0002" for a 5.0L Mustang with the 10 speed auto. That particular build date # is usually a "placeholder", meaning there is no build date scheduled yet.  It will probably show up in the Ford Tracking system shortly, it is just too early now.

Hope this information helps and good luck.

Thank you for the information. My dealer said I have a schedule build date of November 11th, I guess it just hasn't updated in the Ford tracking system yet. I appreciate all the help.