Ford Retail Order Tracking Website Announcement

ice-capades

• 2 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, Escape17 said:

Does anyone know if this tracking site still works?

Will it work for 2020 escapes once i place my order and get a VIN?

It seems that the site is not working. I just tried multiple VIN numbers for several 2020 Escapes that are either in the plant or in transit and the site returns no information. Same response for 2020 Mustangs or for other vehicles that are scheduled. 

The API is working

https://shop.ford.com/aemservices/shop/vot/api/customerorder/?partAttributes=BP2_.*&vin=1FATP8FF1J5169392

Just give it a try, replace my VIN with another one. (Best results in Firefox)

On 10/11/2019 at 12:31 AM, john688 said:

So , can anyone confirm how to track a Canadian order ?

You only will get a result if there is "market":"US" in the database. We have "market":"WDMO" while WDMO stands for Worldwide Direct Market Operations.

Try the direct link to API given above.

Edited by DieterG

Very Cool,  i tried it with a few Vins on the ford website

On 9/3/2019 at 5:49 PM, Rick1723 said:

I did order a hybrid Titanium... birthdate shown is 10/22... finally saw one at the state fair.. it solidified my decision to order one..

Sedona Orange ...

On 10/12/2019 at 11:02 AM, DieterG said:

The API is working

https://shop.ford.com/aemservices/shop/vot/api/customerorder/?partAttributes=BP2_.*&vin=1FATP8FF1J5169392

You only will get a result if there is "market":"US" in the database. We have "market":"WDMO" while WDMO stands for Worldwide Direct Market Operations.

The hybrids are comin out slow.. and the same with the mileage estimates.. I noticed now my birth date went from 10/22 to 11/18.. (I can watch the progress..work at a dealer..)  I now have my second hybrid (09 fusion) and now a 16 MKZ hybrid.. Neve, ever had problems, but wanted 4wd with a hybrid.. not because of being green, I like to save some on gas and the tech..

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/12/2019 at 11:02 AM, DieterG said:

The API is working

Thanks , but still waiting for my VIN from the dealer . Placed an order for a 2020 Escape Titanium Rapid Red / Sandstone on Oct. 9 and still no news .

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/12/2019 at 8:02 AM, DieterG said:

The API is working

Thank you for the link. I did just as you said and replaced your vin with mine. Came up with the whole build sheet. It does say "Scheduled to week". My scheduled week must be on someone's sheet or in another program somewhere to know when the actual week it is scheduled to be built. But did see everything I have ordered. Also does have the the window sticker number. Just which program to pick it up is another issue.

• 2 months later...

This tracker is a joke.  I have a 2020 GT500 ordered and my dealer has shown me that it’s in the process of being built now but it still doesn’t show up on the vin number tracker. Anyone else having this problem or is it just me? You would think after paying that much money for a car they should at least be able to keep their website running properly. 

Edited by Bry37
Wanted to rant more.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

You might as well not even pay any attention to the tracker website.  It’s a good idea just not executed very well.  Best you can do is stay in touch with the dealership you purchased the vehicle from.  Just stay in touch with them.  That’s going to be tour best source of info. 

• 2 weeks later...

I spoke with the dealership, finally.  More confused.  Apparently the truck is built and on the lot in Michigan. I did order add ons (tonneau, bed liner).  I wonder if that is the reason for the delays on the tracker.   I will check back in a month.  The build was quick. Getting it to Alaska will take a while.  

Edited by JAMIEAM2
Spelling

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone. I’m planning on ordering a 2021 Mustang, so I was looking around to see how I could track the order while I wait, and stumbled upon this thread. After reading the issues everyone mentioned, I poked around for a bit and found that the back-end provides a ton of information, but the web site itself has a bunch of filtering. The end result is users cannot track some things, and the site doesn’t tell you why. I could write my own software to fix this, but I’m wondering if anyone has a contact at Ford that I could speak to so I don’t violate any usage terms (beyond what I did in poking around). I’m thinking a simple app that allows someone to track their order (refreshed once a day), and possibly a mode for a salesman that would check all their customer orders once a day and automatically email them any status changes. It may be a useful sales & constant contact tool.

Thanks,

Joe

• 1 month later...

I ordered a F250 King Ranch back on October 14 and two days later the dealer said they had the build date of 12/7. On 12/5 the dealer called me with the VIN number. I entered the Vin number in the ford search site and it shows my order date  and it has been hung on the next step which says scheduled for production. Says it could take a few days. Today is a week later and still no movement. Anyone have this issue? I have attached a screen shot showing the status. 

Screenshot (2).png

6 hours ago, scuba1954 said:

I ordered a F250 King Ranch back on October 14 and two days later the dealer said they had the build date of 12/7. On 12/5 the dealer called me with the VIN number. I entered the Vin number in the ford search site and it shows my order date  and it has been hung on the next step which says scheduled for production. Says it could take a few days. Today is a week later and still no movement. Anyone have this issue? I have attached a screen shot showing the status. 

Screenshot (2).png

Your Dealer would have had the VIN number as soon as the vehicle as the vehicle was scheduled. So if you ordered the vehicle on 10/14 they would have had the VIN number on 10/16 along with the scheduled production week. I can't track your order but I'm trying to confirm that it's been invoiced and that the Window Sticker is available as both of those documents are generated just prior to production. Unfortunately there's a problem right now getting into the FMCDealer portal so I'll have to try again tomorrow morning. Your Dealer has 24/7 access to Ford's Vehicle Visibility system that provides updates on vehicle order scheduling, production and shipping status. 

• 2 weeks later...