Ford Retail Order Tracking Website Announcement

ice-capades

• 1 month later...

It would be nice if instead only giving the dealers access to the VVR that the tracker would have the same information. Even the account that I made on the Ford site once I got the VIN could have that information. The some dealers hold that close to their chest when it should be offered even if not asked.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/24/2021 at 2:02 PM, frenchs_33 said:

It would be nice if instead only giving the dealers access to the VVR that the tracker would have the same information. Even the account that I made on the Ford site once I got the VIN could have that information. The some dealers hold that close to their chest when it should be offered even if not asked.

Or some dealers dont even seem to know what it is or how to get info from it....

13 minutes ago, aboyles2002 said:

Or some dealers dont even seem to know what it is or how to get info from it....

Ford provides the basic order information updates only via the consumer tracking website page. The enthusiasts, which are a very small segment, can obtain more frequent and detailed information from their Dealers or from qualified tracking requests here at BOF. Dealers that aren't familiar with the Vehicle Visibility program are either just ignorant, incompetent or lying to their customers and can't be bothered to provide the information requested.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Ford provides the basic order information updates only via the consumer tracking website page. The enthusiasts, which are a very small segment, can obtain more frequent and detailed information from their Dealers or from qualified tracking requests here at BOF. Dealers that aren't familiar with the Vehicle Visibility program are either just ignorant, incompetent or lying to their customers and can't be bothered to provide the information requested.  

I think in my case its a combination of all three.  I really like my salesman and he is why I do business at the local dealer but the sales manager with access to the VVR is kind of an a$$.  I would like railcar info on a couple of orders but the tracking requests here dont/wont/cant provide that info.

Ford should take some ownership of the customer service of the dealerships that sell their vehicles and if that customer service and websites/trackers are not reliable then as the overall brand managers they need to work on it. Yes the dealerships are the front facing company and the sales mangers should work to ensure the customers are satisfied with the service. I am not saying that they need to bend over backwards but should provide updates on a weekly or biweekly basis. As a bad example I just received my first phone call from my sales manager today giving me the update that I received mid-week that my truck should be getting shipped by the end of the month. I think there is a extreme failure on Ford's part by not being more transparent on the process of the building of their vehicles. When a truck shows on Ford's tracker that it was accepted in November of 2020, and  the next update is in June of 2020, that is unacceptable. If someone owed Ford money they would not accept not hearing from them or receiving payment for six to seven months.

4 hours ago, deerhunt799 said:

@ice-capades I'm curious if you come across tracking on the VVR (snippet below) where is shows that the vehicle has been shipped but doesn't provide any rail car info?

image.png.119b154cf1a6b95d44aae9c95f059550.png

I can't remember a time when the rail car information for one of my dealership's vehicles wasn't included on the Vehicle Visibility report. Your sample is one step removed from where the rail car and carrier information would be included. 

• Like 2

On 8/9/2021 at 4:07 AM, ice-capades said:

I can't remember a time when the rail car information for one of my dealership's vehicles wasn't included on the Vehicle Visibility report. Your sample is one step removed from where the rail car and carrier information would be included. 

Bummer - well hopefully it's just a glitch and it's on its way to me.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/17/2018 at 4:06 AM, ice-capades said:

Per Ford's announcement today to all Ford dealerships...

The New Ford Customer Vehicle Order Tracking Website

https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking

SUMMARY
We are announcing the Customer Vehicle Order Tracking website has launched. Ford has developed an online order tracking application that will allow customers to check on the status of their Ford retail order. The website can track the order through five (5) statuses that align with the Primary statuses in Vehicle Visibility. The expectation is the customer can get on demand information about their order without having to call the Sales Consultant or the Customer Relationship Center.

ORDER STATUS
When the customer enters the VIN, they will see one of the following five (5) order statuses and corresponding information:

• In Order Processing

Your order has been entered into the Ford Ordering System. It will then be scheduled and placed in the first available production week. Once scheduled, a Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) and estimated build date will be provided in the upper-left corner of the home page. Be sure to view the Vehicle Summary section and learn about the features on your vehicle.

• In Production

Your order is being manufactured at one of our factories. This can take a few days. When you have a moment, tryout the link to your Window Sticker that is now available lower on the page.

• Awaiting Shipment

Your vehicle has been built and we are arranging shipment to your dealer.
This step could take a few days to a week. Select the "Learn About Your Vehicle" link for information and videos about your new vehicle.

• In Transit

Your vehicle is In Transit or on its way to your dealership. Transit times vary from an average of 12 - 28 days based on your location and the plant where the vehicle was built. This is a great time to explore "Ford Accessories" to see how you can personalize your vehicle. Don't forget to add comments to the short survey so we can enhance the Order Tracking Site.

• Delivered

Your vehicle has arrived at the dealership and should be ready for pick up in a few days. Your dealership will be able to provide the specific date and time for delivery.

Website supports 2018 Model Year Ford vehicles (excluding Ford GT) and will pick up with 2019 Model Year Ford vehicles when they launch.

KEY POINTS

•  Ford vehicles only – Excludes Lincolns
  •  Retail orders only
  •  2018 & 2019 Model Year vehicles as they are available
  •  Excludes Ford GT vehicles
  •  Requires VIN to track – a VIN that is not scheduled may produce an error message
  •  Website link: https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking

I don’t have the build date info in the top left hand corner, is this feature working now?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roll.Tide said:

I don’t have the build date info in the top left hand corner, is this feature working now?

I have a 2021 Lincoln Corsair on order.  Lincoln has a similar website.  According to my dealer, it is scheduled to build the week of September 6.  The Lincoln website shows my order is confirmed.  It doesn't show the scheduled build date.  My understanding is it won't show up until the week prior to the build at the earliest.  This chip crisis has everything in flux.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Do they ever update this site? I ordered a truck in April and when it arrived at the dealer this site still said  "in production". I ordered another truck in Aug that is slated for delivery this week and the vehicle tracking site once again still says "in production".

2 hours ago, RGIll said:

I would love it if one thing just worked. My email is in the dealers order system and FMC said they have it also but I have never received an email on my BS order.  I did get my VIN and production week by calling my dealer and also calling FMC to verify. However, my VIN USED to work on the tracking website but now allI get is an error for the last week and my salesman apparently is too bust to get back with me on my request to know if my production week was still holding, etc. I guess I will have to make calls the week before the production week I assume is holding to make sure it is being built. I would sure love to see the Visability Report to make sure it is still in process and if it has received a production day. But since my salesman, the tracking site and email from FMC dont seek to be working I am out of luck.

39DC1B80-5DB2-44DA-BCB1-957BAB34B12A.jpeg

I just got back to my computer and spent at least 10-15 minutes replying to your PM addressing your questions and providing my recommendations, etc. You've just wasted my time by now soliciting answers from everyone else that either don't have access to the information and answers you want or can only speculate.

Do not contact me again for assistance! Contact your Dealer and make them do their job!

Does anyone know if the tracking site is malfunctioning. When I click on track order from the original email I got with my VIN and build week I get an error message “We're sorry. We are unable to process
this Order.

Please enter a valid Ford
Order/VIN.
It was a little unreliable but but I never got an error message like this, now the Mach e tracker which has always worked for me I get nothing.

• 4 months later...