• Custom Search

ice-capades

Ford Retail Order Tracking Website Announcement

Does the tracking system work for vehicles going to Canada because when I enter my VIN it says...We're sorry. We are unable to process that VIN because it is not a valid USA Ford VIN. Please enter a valid VIN. 

Does anyone know if this tracking site still works?

Will it work for 2020 escapes once i place my order and get a VIN?

58 minutes ago, Escape17 said:

Does anyone know if this tracking site still works?

Will it work for 2020 escapes once i place my order and get a VIN?

It seems that the site is not working. I just tried multiple VIN numbers for several 2020 Escapes that are either in the plant or in transit and the site returns no information. Same response for 2020 Mustangs or for other vehicles that are scheduled. 

The API is working

https://shop.ford.com/aemservices/shop/vot/api/customerorder/?partAttributes=BP2_.*&vin=1FATP8FF1J5169392

Just give it a try, replace my VIN with another one. (Best results in Firefox)

On 10/11/2019 at 12:31 AM, john688 said:

So , can anyone confirm how to track a Canadian order ?

You only will get a result if there is "market":"US" in the database. We have "market":"WDMO" while WDMO stands for Worldwide Direct Market Operations.

Try the direct link to API given above.

Edited by DieterG

Very Cool,  i tried it with a few Vins on the ford website

On 9/3/2019 at 5:49 PM, Rick1723 said:

I did order a hybrid Titanium... birthdate shown is 10/22... finally saw one at the state fair.. it solidified my decision to order one..

Sedona Orange ...

On 10/12/2019 at 11:02 AM, DieterG said:

The API is working

https://shop.ford.com/aemservices/shop/vot/api/customerorder/?partAttributes=BP2_.*&vin=1FATP8FF1J5169392

You only will get a result if there is "market":"US" in the database. We have "market":"WDMO" while WDMO stands for Worldwide Direct Market Operations.

The hybrids are comin out slow.. and the same with the mileage estimates.. I noticed now my birth date went from 10/22 to 11/18.. (I can watch the progress..work at a dealer..)  I now have my second hybrid (09 fusion) and now a 16 MKZ hybrid.. Neve, ever had problems, but wanted 4wd with a hybrid.. not because of being green, I like to save some on gas and the tech..

Iv been holding off putting my order in for a Hybrid until i drive one. ford let me extend my lease for 3 months. Doesent look like i will be able to drive one any time soon :(

Is there any word on the hybrid Escape being very, very  slow in coming out ?... My order has gone from middle of Sept to now week of Dec 11.. Is Ford having issues with the hybrid system?

On 10/12/2019 at 11:02 AM, DieterG said:

The API is working

Thanks , but still waiting for my VIN from the dealer . Placed an order for a 2020 Escape Titanium Rapid Red / Sandstone on Oct. 9 and still no news .

On 10/12/2019 at 8:02 AM, DieterG said:

The API is working

Thank you for the link. I did just as you said and replaced your vin with mine. Came up with the whole build sheet. It does say "Scheduled to week". My scheduled week must be on someone's sheet or in another program somewhere to know when the actual week it is scheduled to be built. But did see everything I have ordered. Also does have the the window sticker number. Just which program to pick it up is another issue.

This tracker is a joke.  I have a 2020 GT500 ordered and my dealer has shown me that it’s in the process of being built now but it still doesn’t show up on the vin number tracker. Anyone else having this problem or is it just me? You would think after paying that much money for a car they should at least be able to keep their website running properly. 

Edited by Bry37
Wanted to rant more.

Ford has never put much effort into a tracker.   The first version was a beta test that stayed in place for years.   It's just not that important in the big picture.  It is frustrating though.

Yeah. You’re definitely right about that.  Wish they would get it lined out.  Maybe they cant afford to keep it running right due to the billion dollars they’ve lost this quarter.