Ughhh...You live with somebody for 35 years...

Get the Turbo and you get the 10 speed auto, plus a lot more fun.

Actually get the 6 speed manual, that is the most fun.

Accord Sport 2.0T is about $31k with either 10-speed auto or 6-speed manual. This is among the best sedans available at any price, better than anything else in the class.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

In that case, Accord is so far ahead that there's really no comparison at all.

You are correct sir about the "large" vs "midsize" classifications. Accord and Taurus meet the "large sedan" threshold of 120 cubic feet for passenger + trunk space while Fusion falls short by 1 cubic foot. Taurus has a huge trunk, but less cabin space than either Fusion or Accord.

• Taurus, 102 cubic feet cabin, 20 cubic feet trunk, 122 cubic feet total
  • Accord, 106 cubic feet cabin, 17 cubic feet trunk, 123 cubic feet total
  • Fusion, 103 cubic feet cabin, 16 cubic feet trunk, 119 cubic feet total

While the 2018 Honda Accord at the LX, Hybrid and Sport(1.5T) trims has 105.7cu.ft. of passenger volume, the other trims Sport(2.0T), EX, EX-L and Touring instead has 102.7cu.ft.

• Taurus, 102.2 cubic feet cabin, 20.1 cubic feet trunk, 122.3 cubic feet total
  • Accord, 105.7/102.7 cubic feet cabin, 16.7 cubic feet trunk, 122.4/119.4 cubic feet total
  • Fusion, 102.8 cubic feet cabin, 16 cubic feet trunk, 118.8 cubic feet total

(The Fusion Hybrid lost a whole lot of space in the trunk space for battery.)

We I have a 2013 Mustang GT. We have a 4 grand daughters and the 10 year old (5'3") is not too comfortable back there. The other three are offspring of our 6'4" son and our 5'11" daughter in-law. Chances are these 3 will be tall as well. All I hear from the wife is "I need a 4 door sedan that my grand babies can fit into". We use the son's Explorer when we have their 3.

As for the CVT trans in the Honda...that's a deal killer. When we were looking at inventory online and saw the majority of Accords are CVT, she asked what that meant. I told her it was like the tranny in my brother in-law's hybrid. Her response: "Nope".

We may just hold onto the Fusion for a while. It only has 95K miles and I am religious with maintainence. Should be solid for another few years until Ford gets their head out of their ass... or we do.

Since you're able to wait a little bit, do check out the redesigned Escape or Lincoln Corsair (replacing the MKC, now Lincoln's top seller) that should be hitting dealer lots about this time next year. They will be a tad bigger than the generation they are replacing.