2020MY Production Schedule

ice-capades

Per the attached pages from today's FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Belletin) Ford is starting to provide information on the production and scheduling timing for the 2020MY. The attached schedule also includes information for the Lincoln models.

FDNB_1838_2018-09-21_2019-2020MY Production Schedule.pdf

Edited by ice-capades
Lincoln content

hmm... ..So does the N/A mean Medium trucks are dead after 2019 as well?

not necessarily. All N/A really means for sure is they haven't planned out the 2020 launch timing yet. See: Edge, Nautilus. 2 vehicle lines we know for sure aren't going anywhere.

I know that's the end for the Taurus because Chicago is about to switch over to tooling for CD6.

• Like 3

not necessarily. All N/A really means for sure is they haven't planned out the 2020 launch timing yet. See: Edge, Nautilus. 2 vehicle lines we know for sure aren't going anywhere.

I know that's the end for the Taurus because Chicago is about to switch over to tooling for CD6.

Edge and Nautilus are listed as TBD, which is different from N/A, and every other model thats being dropped is listed as N/A.

Oh snap, you're right. I completely missed that

The folks at OHAP aren't gonna be happy about that....

Seems odd with them developing a new motor. Or would that not go in it?

I wonder if we'll eventually see something electric coming (like that F-vision or whatever it was called)?

I hate to say it, but when I looked at the "no show" at the Work Truck Show, I figured medium duty was not long for this world. Just when GM is getting back in. Mary Barra- a seasoned industry leader. Hackett a "cerebral thinker" who saved what?-a 3 billion dollar office furniture maker. But he blew smoke up Bill Ford's ass!

Hope it isn't so. And if it does happen, another self fulfilling prophecy- put no effort into a product and the end result is always the same.

• Like 1

Jacques "The Knife" killed off HD because "We could make more profit by just putting that money in the bank and collecting interest !"

Yes....and that was a division that was not only sustaining itself, it was turning a profit...just not enough for Jac "the knife".....the man that was most famous for buying dogs like Jaguar, Land Rover, and Aston Martin...

Well, those fleet distribution newsletters get updated all the time. Just have to watch them and see if the 2020 medium duty production status goes from 'N/A' to 'TBD' at some point. Keep in mind if Ford eventually wants to drop these vehicles they will probably not say much this far out. Could have a negative effect of 2019 650/750 sales.

Well, those fleet distribution newsletters get updated all the time. Just have to watch them and see if the 2020 medium duty production status goes from 'N/A' to 'TBD' at some point. Keep in mind if Ford eventually wants to drop these vehicles they will probably not say much this far out. Could have a negative effect of 2019 650/750 sales.

Some good posts on MD thread on this subject. Could have something to do with the introduction of the new V-8. Or even a new purpose built cab for 450-750 that would also be used in E series?...Nah, I'm really going off the deep end now ;)

I remember getting the news the day the sale to Daimler was announced. I was about to pull the trigger on two tandem chassis. Let's see-20 years ago-I should be over that one by now.

• Like 1

That's what I was kind of thinking. Maybe they'll scale the F450 & F550 chassis cabs up a bit and the F650 & F750 down a bit like Chevy's new Silverado 4500HD, 5500HD & 6500HD.

Not sure what that would do and for sure I don't understand why GM has a 22,000 lb rating on the 6500HD. The "magic numbers" IMO are 26,000lb. GVW and less for class 6 as that allows you to use non CDL drivers, and 33,000 lb. GVW or less for class 7 as that allows you to avoid the 12% FET. In fact as I've said before, you can get a 750 with a 35,000 lb. axle combo with a derated plate to 33,000 so you avoid the tax. Up to the owner then to decide if he wants to take a chance and run beyond his max registered weight.

How about it 7M3-you always have good GM intel-any reason why they did not go to 26,000 lb?

How about it 7M3-you always have good GM intel-any reason why they did not go to 26,000 lb?

I think they will eventually. I am hearing the Chevy medium duty roll-out will take a couple of model years before all planned configurations are available.

An up-rated F-550 based 650 would make sense. probably get Ford most all of the current F-650 sales. The F-750 sells in such small numbers it wouldn't be missed too much. I think Ford should consider the class 4/5 versions of the Brazilian Cargo, that would round out their medium duty product portfolio nicely, even if they do drop the current 650 and 750.

• 3 weeks later...

ice-capades, can you tell me how reliable the information is on the 2020 list you posted? I refer you specifically to the info on the Lincoln MKZ that seems to indicate that production on a 2020 model year MKZ would begin in August 2019.

If that is reliable information, then I have to presume that either the 2019 model year is not the last year for the current MKZ (and I thought 2019 WAS the last year for the MKZ), or this is an indication that an all-new MKZ will debut for the 2020 model year. Are those the only two inferences one can draw from the info you posted, or is there another conclusion one can draw from this? I am interested in your take on this. Thanks.