2022 Courier/Ranchero for NA

T hawker

I've copied the following from the Wish List topic:

Posted 15 September 2018 - 09:30 PM

So perhaps Ford is listening. News articles identifying a unibody subcompact truck possibly being built in Mexico for the 2022 model year are circulating. This vehicle may be based on the Focus platform, some have also mentioned Fusion. At first I thought, bringing back the Ranchero? I'm all for that, but a Focus sized car? Until I did a little research, I am a fan of the original Ranger. Love the size and capabilities so I compared the 2018 Focus to the 1991 Ranger, regular cab, short wheelbase 2wd. This is what I came up with:

Measurement 1991 Ranger 2018 Focus

Length 176.5" 172.8"

Wheelbase 108 104.3

Height 63.7 58

Head Room 39.2 38.3

Leg Room 42.4 43.1

Hip Room 52.7 53.9

Shoulder Room 54.6 55.6

So basically all of the measurements are real close except for the height, the Focus is about 6 inches lower. The Focus is available with AWD, 2.3L I4 EB putting out 350 hp. Don't believe a "Ranchero" needs that kind of power so perhaps detune the engine to 349 hp. :)

I would love to have the Ranchero return. I know there as been discussions on using the Courier name. To me I don't care what Ford calls it, although I would prefer Ranchero.

post-30007-0-03719200-1538452381_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I do like the Ford front end.

Looking forward to an AWD 2 door variant.

Can anyone verify that the possible North American 2022 Courier is the P758 platform? I say possible because the magazine articles I have read don't say for sure this is going to happen.

I like the 2 door AWD variant idea. A little space behind the cab to put things/groceries. Not enough space to have an actual seat. Almost an extended cab, but not.

Then, as long as we're asking, put the 2.3EB and AWD from the left over Focus RS spare bin parts under it. Watch that sucker fly! :-)

• Like 1

I like the 2 door AWD variant idea. A little space behind the cab to put things/groceries. Not enough space to have an actual seat. Almost an extended cab, but not.

Then, as long as we're asking, put the 2.3EB and AWD from the left over Focus RS spare bin parts under it. Watch that sucker fly! :-)

I agree, 100% :)

Maybe for an upmarket model, sure...but for everyday XL trim fleet....either the 2.5L naturally aspirated version or 1.5L Ecoboost for base line engine offering.

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...