Lost Post info

I noted comment on the attempt to reconstruct old posts.  As a point of info, as a member since 1999, at some point another upgrade was done and my "post count" reset to zero.  No big deal but just wondering if those will be restored.  And let me tell you- a lot of us had a ton of posts in the days of the "Jac must go" crusade!

• Like 1

On 11/6/2018 at 1:01 PM, Bob Rosadini said:

I noted comment on the attempt to reconstruct old posts.  As a point of info, as a member since 1999, at some point another upgrade was done and my "post count" reset to zero.  No big deal but just wondering if those will be restored.  And let me tell you- a lot of us had a ton of posts in the days of the "Jac must go" crusade!

Looks like they were restored.   Pretty sure I haven't made 29K posts since Monday.....

On 11/6/2018 at 1:01 PM, Bob Rosadini said:

You're right - some of that data was lost from Jac the Knife era.

20 minutes ago, Bob Rosadini said:

Received response from Robert.  "Posts from Jac Nassar era lost".  So my post count is from whenever they went through this same exercise before. The good news is it did not happen again!

That hosting company assigned the same database name to two different databases (how that was done is still a mystery, although almost 20-years ago), so they kept rewriting over each other making them corrupt.

We backup like a religion these days.