Ford CEO open to investors in autonomous vehicles but cautious on VW

Ford CEO open to investors in autonomous vehicles but cautious on VW

I was in Detroit this past weekend and found some posters from the Daimler Chrysler "Merger of Equals" campaign - I'll have to snap some photos and post them up.  While these Ford / VW talks are not a merger, rather a collaboration, it will be interesting to see where these talks go and if Ford is wanting that MEB platform.

Hackett said on Wednesday a previously announced partnership to share development of future light commercial vehicles was “going better than we thought it would.”

“Herbert and I had a great discussion,” about the commercial vehicle business, Hackett said.

However, Hackett said expanding collaboration to other areas, such as electric vehicles or consolidation in Latin America, would have to be done carefully, and no broader deal had been agreed.

"We compete in a bunch of areas as well," he said.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/ford-ceo-open-investors-autonomous-110315014.html

German directness, American euphemisms: the hell of cross-cultural communication:

https://global.handelsblatt.com/opinion/german-directness-american-euphemisms-hell-cross-cultural-communication-891303

Edited by robertlane
  • Like 1

Thanks for posting Robert.:)

It sounds like both companies want to get the deal with commercial vehicles over the line first before looking at anything else. Trying to do everything at once would be  a mistake but I'm hoping that there's  another round or two of discussions on all the other opportunities to increase the alliance.