Edit?

I added a new post today but could not edit it. I thought I saw an edit button but when I clicked on it all I got was an error message and then the edit button disappeared. Was I seeing things or did that really happen? 

Edit: I just added this sentence so it worked on this post but not the other. Is there a time limit?

Edited by blksn8k2

4 hours ago, blksn8k2 said:

I added a new post today but could not edit it. I thought I saw an edit button but when I clicked on it all I got was an error message and then the edit button disappeared. Was I seeing things or did that really happen? 

Edit: I just added this sentence so it worked on this post but not the other. Is there a time limit?

Hi blksn. Just to add to akirby's reply...Is it possible you were not signed in or had inadvertently become signed out when you first tried to edit your post? If there is a time limit, it should not have kept you from editing on the same day, unless it was a glitch.

On 11/19/2018 at 1:29 PM, akirby said:

I can’t test it because moderators can edit any post at any time, but there probably is a time limit.  Test it and see and maybe we can get Robert to up the time limit or turn it off.

We need to fix this.  All of the permissions changed - again with the new version.