Instrument Cluster

Andy L

Is there a way to change the 2018-2019 Navigator cluster to show an oil pressure, voltage, and boost guage? I like the guage display on the Expedition better, but like everything else about the Navigator better. Adding the tach to the Navigator display helps, but it is not great.

It is a shame Lincoln does not offer more flexibility on this, especially since it is a screen and would be easy to do.

Edited by Andy L

On 11/19/2018 at 6:41 PM, akirby said:

Nope.  Not without a separate obd-II scanner.  It’s interesting info but not really necessary to see - if there is a problem you’ll get a warning.

The idiot lights still work. In the past, I have found problems early by noticing issues on the various gauges. There is no reason Lincoln couldnt have offered different instrument display formats sice it is a screen. Let people choose their favorite. Very little cost and more happy customers, a win-win.

• Like 1

It’s just not something that 99.9% of buyers even know or care about and it does cause extra service calls sometimes when people see those gauges fluctuating.  Even the oil pressure gauge in 90s and later Fords functioned like an idiot light to avoid fluctuations for the same reason.

Coming from a car with analog gauges I missed them at first, now I rarely think about the gauge cluster, especially since I have the HUD.  I did use the trailer screen for a while to observe the trans temp... I guess having any gauge was better than none.  I do use the tach and speedo configuration because I like having the directions pop up in the center versus the side.... I’m a sucker for symmetry.

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

I'm an airline pilot. We have gauges for all sorts of things. Like @akirby said, if an engine parameter is exceeded, we get a warning of it. We never look at the engine gauges during normal operations otherwise. Different, I know, but sort of similar. I think it may neat to look at once in a while, but it seems Lincoln found no added value or to put it another way, a deterrent to someone buying Navigator vs. the competition because of this. 

Edited by Black Label