Ranger Keypad Delaying Builds?

SRAces

I'm hearing on another forum that Rangers with the $95 keypad option are being delayed.  Anyone know how long that delay is?  I told my dealer that I had to have the keypad as I use it a lot on my current F-150 if I need to unlock the vehicle without the key fob.  Comes in handy when you kayak fish and want to leave the keys locked up in the vehicle so you don't lose them on the water.

Edited by SRAces

7 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Brand new model launch. Literally anything could delay it at this point. They’re still only building about 30 per day and they’re not close to giving the ok to ship yet. Any potential parts delays are 100% irrelevant at the moment

Thanks for the quick reply.  It's interesting that we have yet to see any commercials on TV yet.  Have a great Thanksgiving! 

Is your avatar a Maine Coon?

Edited by SRAces

What good would it be to show a bunch of Ranger commercials only to have buyers show up at the dealership and no Rangers to be found?  It will be another month or probably two before dealers have any inventory to speak of, then you should see a lot of commercials.

31 minutes ago, SRAces said:

I'm hearing on another forum that Rangers with the $95 keypad option are being delayed.  Anyone know how long that delay is?  I told my dealer that I had to have the keypad as I use it a lot on my current F-150 if I need to unlock the vehicle without the key fob.  Comes in handy when you kayak fish and want to leave the keys locked up in the vehicle so you don't lose them on the water.

Can't imagine owning a vehicle without the keypad, simply the greatest feature ever put on a truck.  Those who play outdoors in the woods or deep snow are the ones who really understand that you really don't want to carry keys, or a fob or whatever starts a car these days.  Be patient - your Ranger will be awesome for many years to come.

57 minutes ago, SRAces said:

Thanks for the quick reply.  It's interesting that we have yet to see any commercials on TV yet.  Have a great Thanksgiving! 

Is your avatar a Maine Coon?

We aren't exactly sure what she is but she's at least 50% Siberian forest cat. She was super high when that picture was taken. 

9 hours ago, akirby said:

What good would it be to show a bunch of Ranger commercials only to have buyers show up at the dealership and no Rangers to be found?  It will be another month or probably two before dealers have any inventory to speak of, then you should see a lot of commercials.

But yet my Facebook timeline has been flooded with Ranger and Edge advertising from Ford.

In one regard I'm happy to see that finally, but on the other hand...you can't buy one quite yet.

• 4 weeks later...

The Keypad is something of a retro-fit, it looks like the old dealer-installed keypad for vehicles that didn't have the option available from the factory.  I know they've had to patch the Ranger together for the US market and make it work as best they can without a major overhaul and that was one fairly obvious compromise they had to make. 

Edited by Assimilator

56 minutes ago, Assimilator said:

The Keypad is something of a retro-fit, it looks like the old dealer-installed keypad for vehicles that didn't have the option available from the factory.  I know they've had to patch the Ranger together for the US market and make it work as best they can without a major overhaul and that was one fairly obvious compromise they had to make. 

Our Focus had that style of keypad too, even though it was available with the one integrated into the b-pillar appliqué on the door which is what I thought we were getting. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just got a screenshot from my dealer showing my order is being held up for a keypad constraint.  Can someone at the factory on this forum validate whether the keypad is really holding up orders?  I would hate to take mine off just to get the truck built, but at this rate, I will not see my Ranger anytime soon.  SMH.

1 hour ago, SRAces said:

I just got a screenshot from my dealer showing my order is being held up for a keypad constraint.  Can someone at the factory on this forum validate whether the keypad is really holding up orders?  I would hate to take mine off just to get the truck built, but at this rate, I will not see my Ranger anytime soon.  SMH.

Can you post the screenshot?

I sanitized my screenshot from the dealer below to remove my dealer's identity.  My truck was ordered as a stock unit using the dealer's very first allocation.  The assumption was that the first stock unit would get built quicker than a retail unit.  I told my dealer this morning to take the keypad off so the truck would get scheduled.  I will work on a wireless keypad solution down the road from Ford that will work on the new Ranger.

KeyPadConstraint.thumb.jpg.573056e1e35b97c4a1a6dc2924f9d9d1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/14/2019 at 9:13 AM, SRAces said:

I think you'll be able to add the keypad after you purchase because it looks like they are just sticking it on and it's not an integrated one like some of the other models. I might be wrong about this, but it's listed under "accessories" in the order guide and from what I have read it doesn't appear to be "built in" to the vehicle. Maybe someone who has seen it in real life has more to add.

14 hours ago, 2005Explorer said:

I think you'll be able to add the keypad after you purchase because it looks like they are just sticking it on and it's not an integrated one like some of the other models. I might be wrong about this, but it's listed under "accessories" in the order guide and from what I have read it doesn't appear to be "built in" to the vehicle. Maybe someone who has seen it in real life has more to add.

Sounds like your are right. 

I saw the post quoted below in the Ford Motor Company Discussion Forum's Topic:Only Grey / Silver / Black Rangers?

On 1/22/2019 at 5:29 PM, Deanh said:

all quibbling aside....barring a couple of niggles, we had a Ranger here today for training....couple of things bugged me, but were trivial ( mirror adjustments should be on the door, keyless entry was the stick on wart ) the truck is outstanding.....I forsee it doing really well, its jumped the competition in a multitude of areas...