2019 / 2020 GT500

coupe3w

2 hours ago, Trailhiker said:

With the Shelby name attached, this should be more track oriented, and I am not talking about the 1/4 mile straight line track.

Dodge and Ford are going for different clientele, and I am glad there are still both choices out there.

At 4,225 Lbs it sure ain't no track car. And with 55/45 weight distribution to boot it's going to be a handful.

Maybe they will do an R Model.

Edited by coupe3w

16 minutes ago, MY93SHO said:

Your goal seems to be to constantly piss and moan.  The car could have 1200hp and get 30mpg and you'd still find something to bitch about.

No not at all. It's all about the competition. If you are going to build a car like this and you know what the bar is why not beat it?

Edited by coupe3w

41 minutes ago, coupe3w said:

No not at all. It's all about the competition. If you are going to build a car like this and you know what the bar is why not beat it?

That depends on what it takes to "beat it" and whether it's worth the trouble.  To do anything more than a supercharged 5.2L would be very expensive for what would amount to nothing more than bragging rights on the internet.  And dialing up the boost too high would cause durability issues.   Nobody is going to look at a hellcat and gt500 and pick the one that has 10 more peak hp just because it has 10 more hp.

The GT500 will probably be easier to drive every day and get better fuel economy than a hellcat.

Like I said - different goals.

Internet bragging rights and bench racing is stupid.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...