Lemon Law Vehicles

blksn8k2

Interesting story about a RAV I dealt with. 2006 mustang gt. Was bought back because of multiple trips of stalling because fuel was getting into evap system. Was deemed the customer was overfilling the tank. It was bought back and resold. It had never been to our dealer. Customer bought it and moved to our town. About 6 months after they bought it, they brought it in for check engine light and stalling. Guess what, raw fuel in evap canister. So two customers same problem. I replaced the tank and charcoal canister and problem fixed. Never happened again. I feel all RAV can be fixed. The issue is duplicating the problem and having a competent tech to fix it. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Late coming... in 2016 I bought a 2014 F-150 and was given a doctored VIN report. Within 30 days it was non-stop, major repair problems, some repeated. I did my own AutoCheck and discovered it was reported Lemon.  Only 2 recalls, but 90 TBSs I have from NHTSA.

I also found out that the truck had been sold out of Kansas City directly to a leasing company in Canada and came back to the US in one year through auction at 19,687 mi. 

It remained at the dealer until 28,00mi. Evidently, they couldn't sell it? So, how did it acquire another 8000 mi unless the dealer was driving it? Close inspection of it showed me that it had been pretty hard for the wear and tear. 

I did buy and extended warranty upon purchase. At the moment, I am filing a lawsuit.

Also, trying ti rundown the title check from NMVTIS. This is a much condensed summary.

Any input is most welcome!