Bronco reportedly getting 7 Speed matched with 2.7L Ecoboost

Dudes and dudettes I think the next hybrid will be unveiled in about two weeks. That being the GT500. 

Mid they can put that power to the ground it’s checkmate to Ma Mopar and anything Gm has cooking for the next couple years. 

This will be a nice example of win in Sunday sell on Monday. No not nice we’re talking epic. 

Remember Ford said the system like the one in the Aviator is “modular” and could easily be placed in anything with the A10 transmission. 

The GT 500 would be the perfect way to show its benefits for accelerating while in the sportier modes and saving fuel in the economy or normal driving modes. 

Win in on Sunday sell on Monday. 

I also think the GT500 will be a hybrid with a supercharged 5.2L voodoo.  It’s going to be available in the Aviator and it seems like a no brainer.   The SC 5.2L should be good for at least 750 hp - another 100 hp or so of instant electric torque would be a game changer.

I don’t agree with win on Sunday sell on Monday because this will be a street machine like the Hellcat.

15 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

For the last time, NO. 

I'm with Fuzzy on this one, the GT500 will not be a hybrid. Next Gen GT500 that is possible but I just don't see how they do it with the platform. Where are they going to put the battery pack? It's not like that platform is light to begin with. I will eat crow if it is but I highly, highly doubt it. My take on the GT500 is that is will utilize some tech from the GT (active aero) and lots of light weight tricks to go along with the supercharged v8.

Easy.  For the GT500, it's not like most people are expecting to put 4 people in the car anyway.  So cannibalize some of the lower area of the back seat section.  It doesn't have to be a huge battery.  Leave the upper area available as a "lid" for small storage.

1 hour ago, akirby said:

I also think the GT500 will be a hybrid with a supercharged 5.2L voodoo.  It’s going to be available in the Aviator and it seems like a no brainer.   The SC 5.2L should be good for at least 750 hp - another 100 hp or so of instant electric torque would be a game changer.

I don’t agree with win on Sunday sell on Monday because this will be a street machine like the Hellcat.

Hellcats and Demons are all over American drag strips. Young formative minds are influenced by wins and losses at tracks. 

Maybe a young person cant swing a GT500 but they sure could take a hard look at a Ranger or EB Mustang. 

16 hours ago, pictor said:

What mandate, he lost the popular vote in 16

stop....unless you want your laws stipulated by crazy states youd have more appreciation for the reasoning behind the electoral college....a US governed by California would be.....leavable.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, akirby said:

I was talking about pro races, but I can see your point.  Although I think that’s a very very tiny market limited to folks who actually attend in person.

Not really with YouTube a click away everybody can watch the races. 

You oughta check these guys out. I know high end but very entertaining. 

One of very many videos these guys make. Enjoy. 

14 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I do believe that Hybrids are the way for the future, specifically plug in hybrids. That said please god Ford don't cheap out like I think you will. 

I'd agree, certainly in the near term.  Maybe long term as tech gets better we'll move to full electric, but a transition to PHEVs in the interim is, IMO, a certainty.  They offer the benefits of electric (extra power, efficiency), without the issues electrics currently have (range, charging time).

33 minutes ago, akirby said:

Although I think that’s a very very tiny market limited to folks who actually attend in person.

While attendance these amateur events might be small, the owners of the vehicles discussed here are very active on social media.    We know what goes on at the local tracks... even those who do not compete or even attend.   There is plenty of chatter about it.    It would not surprise me if the 2018 10 speed Mustang GT's success at the strip has resulted in a few more sales.   Of course, all of the hysteria about engine ticks, knocks and rattles has not been helpful.

• Like 1

Well it's not like Ford is working on a real big block of their own and the release timing coinsides perfectly with the next GT500.

Oh wait.

Nah! That's for big trucks and everybody at Ford knows truck engines and muscle car engines are different universes and can't share with each other.

That's to say nothing of the completely underutilized Ford 6.2. It really makes you wonder why they bothered eating the development cost on that one only to sell it in 2 years worth of Limited F150s and then relegate it to F250 fleet trucks.

Edited by Sevensecondsuv

14 minutes ago, Sevensecondsuv said:

That's to say nothing of the completely underutilized Ford 6.2. It really makes you wonder why they bothered eating the development cost on that one only to sell it in 2 years worth of Limited F150s and then relegate it to F250 fleet trucks.

The 6.2L is sold to quite a few non-fleet trucks.  There are actually quite a few retail sales of the 6.2L in F250 trucks.

24 minutes ago, Sevensecondsuv said:

Well it's not like Ford is working on a real big block of their own and the release timing coinsides perfectly with the next GT500.

Oh wait.

Nah! That's for big trucks and everybody at Ford knows truck engines and muscle car engines are different universes and can't share with each other.

7.3 is coming no?

Well I was under the impression we’d see the 7.3 before the end of the year. I understand they are firing up the production lines as we speak. 

I guess we’ll get tortured till the last possible moment? For heaven’s sake Gm is about to break cover with their new 6.6 engine and it was started way after the 7.3 I believe. 

With all this waiting I'm expecting some good stuff in both the GT500 and the 7.3.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deanh said:

7.3 is coming no?

31 minutes ago, Stray Kat said:

Well I was under the impression we’d see the 7.3 before the end of the year. I understand they are firing up the production lines as we speak. 

I guess we’ll get tortured till the last possible moment? For heaven’s sake Gm is about to break cover with their new 6.6 engine and it was started way after the 7.3 I believe. 

With all this waiting I'm expecting some good stuff in both the GT500 and the 7.3.  

With all this discussion of the integrated electric motor drive in the 10speed transmission, and with supposedly a new transmission to go with the 7.??L V-8, what a home run that would be in medium duty(-probably should have posted on the medium duty thread,)

In any case, Ford was I believe heavily into the hydraulic drive "accumulator" with I believe Parker Hannafin and then that dropped off the radar. An electric assist to get a medium duty moving would make a lot of sense IMO

2 hours ago, Sevensecondsuv said:

Oh wait.

Or is it more likely that your heart will be broken again by Ford?

The Hurricane/Boss V8 was an on again off again project and behind the scenes, Ford could not get its own version of cylinder deactivation to work properly and reliably, that's why it had 16-18 mph hwy figures and why  Ford doubled down on Ecoboost and relegated the 6.2 to Super Duty sales.

11 minutes ago, probowler said:

So what Ford needs to do to make the greatest engine ever is a hybrid ecoboost with cylinder deactivation for 2/3 cylinders.

The new 1.5 EB 3 cylinder has cylinder deactivation. That engine was supposed to make it over here in the Focus Active but now I'm not sure when or if it's coming 

Edited by fuzzymoomoo
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

The new 1.5 EB 3 cylinder has cylinder deactivation. That engine was supposed to make it over here in the Focus Active but now I'm not sure when or if it's coming 

New Escape? the Dragon I-3 is supposed to be replacing all the old Sigma I-4s