2020 Escape Spied with little camo

16 minutes ago, jcartwright99 said:

So we go from station wagons and minvans. To SUV's to CUV's that pretend to SUV's. And now back to a slightly lifted more bulbous wagon. 

Looks more like a lifted hatchback...Doesn't look like it grew any. I hope it gets better interior and cargo numbers.

28 minutes ago, IMSA-XJR9 said:

Proportions look good, perhaps a little soft styling wise, but overall not bad in my opinion.  

It isn’t bad looking, but I agree it’s a little soft. Clearly they are leaving an opening in the lineup for a comparably sized boxier vehicle.

Isn’t this vehicle supposed to be getting a 3rd row?  It’s hard to gauge the proportions without a point of reference. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, mackinaw said:

Like the Explorer, to my eyes it looks leaner and lighter than the current version.  Not style-setting CUV, but it doesn't have to be.

At least the cars are coming with their personality. Observing Explorer 2020 and Escape 2020 in the above photo realizes that each one has an identity. Some brands simply take the front of a car and replicate in all others (Volkswagen, etc...)

• Like 1

My initial reaction isnt good. The front doesn’t work very well on this. It reminds me of the Kia Sportage and that is not a good thing. The rest isn’t bad, but it looks a helluva lot more like a wagon than what I was hoping. It also looks bloated. Hopefully it will grow on me, but right now the maverick is looking pretty good compared to this.

I'll wait for real judgement until I see the real thing in a real color.  As much as I love any prototype pics I can see, they rarely define my overall impressions of the production examples.

However, regarding the earlier post about wagons-minivans-SUVs-CUVs-wagons...eh, most SUVs and CUVs rarely see unpaved roads.  The basic truth is that the wagon remains too logical to not utilize, regardless how it's repackaged.

Some of us really liked the Focus ST wagon, and were hoping for a successor in the Focus Active line, but whatever....

• Like 1

It's a snoozer for sure, it does look better with the Ford Oval badge in place.  But yeah, it's even more like the Focus on the inside.  I like the rear, you can't really see it here but like the Edge it has those vertical reflectors which widen the rear fascia and give it some better ground effects.

I'm sure it's a competent vehicle and styled for Hybrid efficiency, but it's definitely a commodity product, styled like all the others.  

But again this illustrates very well why they don't need sedans/hatchbacks, their Crossovers are splitting the difference to the point it makes no sense to not buy one over the car.   As they say, resistance is futile.  

Those who specifically want something that looks like an SUV will have other options.

Edited by Assimilator
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, ANTAUS said:

Honestly, I'm getting pretty tired of that grill design, can they please introduce a new design.  I dare to say that an CrV actually looks more stylish than this.

Yep, I agree. And why give it a car grille in the first place? Look at Toyota and the rav4. It basically has the Tacoma grille on it now. I’m not saying throw the f150 or ranger grille on it, but at least come up with something original.