2020 Explorer Production Information

27 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

That's still a problem to this day. It's something about the S550 body that's very hard to line up and I guess to compensate for it Ford gave the fitters a wide acceptable tolerance range. 

Is this one of those cases where the designers could have made life easier for the assembly line and resulted in less issues with a different design?

I can’t imagine there is enough variation in parts that It requires a custom fit each time.

26 minutes ago, akirby said:

Is this one of those cases where the designers could have made life easier for the assembly line and resulted in less issues with a different design?

I can’t imagine there is enough variation in parts that It requires a custom fit each time.

Definitely. A lot of it isn't necessarily the shape of the body panels but the design of the door hinges and the trunk hinge. They’re very hard to adjust. The fender fit issues that I've heard about I'm not sure the cause of. 

Yeah my problem was the trunk fit. The adjustment was a complete PAIN. I just thought maybe it was because it was an early vehicle. Besides that zero complaints with the S550. Hope to get the same out of the ST minus the panel gap.

Things must be going ok at Chicago Assembly Plant. Placed order for 2020 Ford Explorer ST on April 25th. I just got my VIN number today from dealer. Never thought it be that fast. Production date week for July 8th right now.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, STGUY said:

Things must be going ok at Chicago Assembly Plant. Placed order for 2020 Ford Explorer ST on April 25th. I just got my VIN number today from dealer. Never thought it be that fast. Production date week for July 8th right now.aviator

What is interesting is they still have not disclosed official MPG numbers or  battery size/ range for the hybrid for the Explorer or the Aviator 

1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Give it some time, job 1 isn't even until Monday 

LOL.  That was my point.  You would think they would at least have those numbers by the time official production started.  As to the Aviator GT, I hope the delay is because they figured out they need a bigger battery than what they are using for the Euro Explorer.

35 minutes ago, msm859 said:

LOL.  That was my point.  You would think they would at least have those numbers by the time official production started.  As to the Aviator GT, I hope the delay is because they figured out they need a bigger battery than what they are using for the Euro Explorer.

Rangers started shipping the week before Christmas last year and fuel economy wasn't announced until near the end of January 

10 hours ago, STGUY said:

I ordered an ST. Miles per gallon be damned! 

I bet you’ll be surprised at your mpg regardless.  I have a F150 with the 3.5LEB and I’m getting 21-22 consistently and can get up to 25-26 at times.  

Today is the day. Please O please go well. BTW anybody here of the ST's going for sticker price plus. A dealer by me wanted to sell for sticker price plus. I was like you are serious? This is the hottest contested market for a vehicle. And your trying to sticker price plus these?

Yeah I got it for Dealer Invoice. 57 and some change. Not under though. I was still blown away by this one dealer. I was like dude you serious. I get a GT500. Low production car. Extreme high end market. But an explorer......

1 hour ago, STGUY said:

Yeah I got it for Dealer Invoice. 57 and some change. Not under though. I was still blown away by this one dealer. I was like dude you serious. I get a GT500. Low production car. Extreme high end market. But an explorer......

I would definitely try another dealer which it looks like you did.

Edited by jcartwright99

1 hour ago, STGUY said:

Right.. there will be roughly 45,000-50,000 STs built this year lol..  they are crazy.

On 5/6/2019 at 9:08 AM, STGUY said:

Not gonna happen on these. I just bought an Edge ST. It stickered about $50k and I was out the door for about $42k. Plenty of incentives on them and the Explorer ST will be the same in a  short time.

12 hours ago, pain88 said:

Hi

Great forum to be part of. 

Order my XLT thru Fleet, They say my car production date is 6/3. My fleet told me I should be in the car before end of June.

True Or False on delivery. Thanks

Depends on how fast it's shipped out and how close you are to Chicago. It's a reasonable estimate. 

Edited by fuzzymoomoo
  • Like 1