2020 Explorer Production Information

Anybody know what the status means....... Primary In Production. Secondary Orgin Received (auto warehousing) Vehicle Location Ramp 06 Chicago Assembly

My vehicle sat in production primary secondary sent to plant for 2 weeks.  Now the customer tracker gave me an in production date as friday. Dealer system on monday shows the new secondary orgin. Dealer tells me that means vehicle is produced awaiting shipment. Shouldn't the primary change to produced in the dealer system??

16 hours ago, STGUY said:

Anybody know what the status means....... Primary In Production. Secondary Orgin Received (auto warehousing) Vehicle Location Ramp 06 Chicago Assembly

My vehicle sat in production primary secondary sent to plant for 2 weeks.  Now the customer tracker gave me an in production date as friday. Dealer system on monday shows the new secondary orgin. Dealer tells me that means vehicle is produced awaiting shipment. Shouldn't the primary change to produced in the dealer system??

The vehicle will show an "In Production" status for a number of days as it goes through... Sent to Plant, Body Shop & Trim Line until it is "Produced". Next status after "Produced" is "Released" for shipping, etc. The "Secondary Status" is most helpful after the vehicle is actually on a rail car and in transit as it then shows the vehicle location. Otherwise, the Primary Status is the one that matters.  

1 minute ago, HotRunrGuy said:

You haven't taken the time to look at the 7/22 revised order guide, have you?

HRG

Nope.  I was just looking at the previous one yesterday.  I see now it says late availability for Retail.   I'm sure it won't show up on the build and price until it's actually available to order retail.

Thanks for your help akirby. I have ordered three other Fords. My 15 GTPP 13 explorer sport and 11 GTCS. Never seen this in the secondary. Made it sound like the vehicle was sitting in storage. Secondary was usally always (sent to plant) threw the early production process. Then secondary flips to body shop etc until primary changes to produced. The secondary went from Sent to Plant one day to orgin receieved auto warehousing/while the primary says in production. Just never saw that before. Was afraid something was wrong with build.

24 minutes ago, STGUY said:

Thanks for your help akirby. I have ordered three other Fords. My 15 GTPP 13 explorer sport and 11 GTCS. Never seen this in the secondary. Made it sound like the vehicle was sitting in storage. Secondary was usally always (sent to plant) threw the early production process. Then secondary flips to body shop etc until primary changes to produced. The secondary went from Sent to Plant one day to orgin receieved auto warehousing/while the primary says in production. Just never saw that before. Was afraid something was wrong with build.

The first few months building a brand new vehicle in a freshly overhauled plant can be hectic with lots of unexpected twists.

7 minutes ago, akirby said:

The first few months building a brand new vehicle in a freshly overhauled plant can be hectic with lots of unexpected twists.

Yeah I did the brand new vehicle (platform) with the Mustang 15 GTPP. Number two delivered in Virginia.  However not a retooled plant. I saw  a time lapse video on youtube of the demolition and rebuliding of the assembly lines/tooling. UNREAL. I thought Ford was overselling what they did at CAP. NOPE NOPE NOT AT ALL. I was blown away, that place was GUTTED.  Def a cool watch in my opinion.

Anybody know how many Ford Explorer ST's will be produced. I had two dealers in my area tell me all ST's vehicles are low production including this explorer. Also one of the online reviewers Alex Autos said it will be a low production vehicle. (he was at press drive event) So I am assuming he heard that from the Ford Reps. Some real hard data planned production numbers would be nice. 

13 minutes ago, STGUY said:

Anybody know how many Ford Explorer ST's will be produced. I had two dealers in my area tell me all ST's vehicles are low production including this explorer. Also one of the online reviewers Alex Autos said it will be a low production vehicle. (he was at press drive event) So I am assuming he heard that from the Ford Reps. Some real hard data planned production numbers would be nice. 

According to the Order Guide, ST's are planned to be 20% of sales. Based on roughly 200K/year, that's 40,000. That's hardly "low production".

HRG

Explorer ST.JPG

8 minutes ago, HotRunrGuy said:

According to the Order Guide, ST's are planned to be 20% of sales. Based on roughly 200K/year, that's 40,000. That's hardly "low production".

HRG

Explorer ST.JPG

I agree. I was saying how in the hell is any explorer replacing the sport LOW PRODUCTION.  Thanks did not see that in the order guide.

• 3 months later...
On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 6:19 AM, ice-capades said:

July delivery is very optimistic for a retail order 2020 Explorer. Per standard practice, the initial scheduling will be for stock orders only until the "OK to Buy" status is reached. Ford is telling Dealers not to expect 2020 Explorer's to hit the ground until July. So by the time the "OK to Buy'" status is reached and they start scheduling retail orders, those retail orders may not arrive until a couple of months later. Unless, of course, Ford makes an exception and starts scheduling retail orders before the "OK to Buy" and holds the retail units until then. Still a little early to know what they'll do and we may not know until sometime after Job #1. 

I ordered an Interceptor thru work on January 3rd.   It's November 14th and I still don't have it...

4 hours ago, Chief Sandpaper said:

I ordered an Interceptor thru work on January 3rd.   It's November 14th and I still don't have it...

You cannot just order a Police Interceptor through your employer as Police Interceptors are only available to government agencies with an OTD (Order-to-Delivery) time up to 24 months from the order date. If you are affiliated with a government agency that buys police units you should first talk to the Purchasing Agent or other representative for information on the order status. 

You provided no information (VIN number) for anyone here to be able to provide assistance if you're looking for order status and/or tracking information. Provide the information on the appropriate forum, following the rules for tracking assistance, and perhaps someone will be able to get some information for you. Fleet order scheduling follows an entirely different order and scheduling process. 

FYI... I have 2020 Police Interceptor Utility units that were ordered on 06/24/2019 that will be in production the week of 12/23/2019.

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content

20 hours ago, ice-capades said:

You cannot just order a Police Interceptor through your employer as Police Interceptors are only available to government agencies with an OTD (Order-to-Delivery) time up to 24 months from the order date. If you are affiliated with a government agency that buys police units you should first talk to the Purchasing Agent or other representative for information on the order status

You provided no information (VIN number) for anyone here to be able to provide assistance if you're looking for order status and/or tracking information. Provide the information on the appropriate forum, following the rules for tracking assistance, and perhaps someone will be able to get some information for you. Fleet order scheduling follows an entirely different order and scheduling process. 

FYI... I have 2020 Police Interceptor Utility units that were ordered on 06/24/2019 that will be in production the week of 12/23/2019.

Apparently I should of made myself clear ice-capades.  I am the ordering agent for my department (government agency) and I have ordered numerous Ford vehicles before, including previous interceptors. (not for personal use) I didn't provide the VIN to this forum because its the wrong forum for VIN Checks.  Plus I cannot ask for a VIN check on blue oval until I post 15 things to the forum.

I have inquired numerous times to my Ford Fleet/State Procurement Dealer with no real explanation given as to why the car I ordered still isn't here.  Order placed January 3rd, 2019 is when I cut the purchase order.

I am well aware of the issues Ford has had with the explorer and I guess I will just wait it out.

Thanks for the advice though.

On 7/23/2019 at 6:54 AM, HotRunrGuy said:

Any idea when the Build & Price site will be updated to include the Base model, now that Retail availability is in the works?

Thanks, HRG

Should be very soon HotRunrGuy sir. Base model 2020 Explorer models are now available for retail sale at Ford dealerships.

709e395b236ef0b1d22e9398c7e895b6x.jpg

63b97a0ca1cd1c89fee8026446491463.jpg

7a5a4c830bae87b6cb5c2675e06d7170.jpg

52 minutes ago, Chief Sandpaper said:

Apparently I should of made myself clear ice-capades.  I am the ordering agent for my department (government agency) and I have ordered numerous Ford vehicles before, including previous interceptors. (not for personal use) I didn't provide the VIN to this forum because its the wrong forum for VIN Checks.  Plus I cannot ask for a VIN check on blue oval until I post 15 things to the forum.

I have inquired numerous times to my Ford Fleet/State Procurement Dealer with no real explanation given as to why the car I ordered still isn't here.  Order placed January 3rd, 2019 is when I cut the purchase order.

I am well aware of the issues Ford has had with the explorer and I guess I will just wait it out.

Thanks for the advice though.

I have a vin, order number, window sticker etc. if your willing to check to see where my vehicle is?

52 minutes ago, rperez817 said:

Should be very soon HotRunrGuy sir. Base model 2020 Explorer models are now available for retail sale at Ford dealerships.

Thanks. Mama is pretty happy with her new Edge, so the Explorer is off the table for the time being.  HRG

Edited by HotRunrGuy

• 2 weeks later...