Navigation update worthwhile?

• 2 months later...

I went ahead & ordered the update, which came as an SD card. I was unable to find an SD card slot anywhere in the car, so called the Lincoln support #. The representative had no idea about it so transferred my call to the company that Lincoln retained to do the updates. That rep said yes, that Sync 3 needs to be updated at the dealership, there is no SD card slot. He gave me a FedEx code for return of the card & said they would refund my credit card.  So far the refund has not appeared, but I'm hopeful.  Too bad Lincoln doesn't know its own product well enough to avoid these issues.

A Feb 11, 2019 'letter' from 'The Lincoln Motor Company' said that a new map update is available for the SYNC system in your 2016 Lincoln MKX. It did not reference Sync2. However, now that you mentioned it, on the back of the sheet there are FAQ's with an asterisk that, in small print, says it will work only with MyLincoln Touch SD card navigation. Oops, should have turned it over. Still, the letter should not have been sent to Sync3 owners.