Ford Announces Next 5 Models

The Four All-New Luxury vehicles beyond Corsair and Aviator (at the time) probably include the NG Nautilus (2023) and an unnamed compact utility slated to be built in China and exported here in 2023.  I just know that the compact utility has the same wheelbase as the new Escape and it's not the Corsair.

I'm still not ruling out a new sedan, even though I can't find a single person that knows anybody who is working on one and there is no evidence of any such vehicle in the charts.  

I have to assume one of those vehicles is a BEV and I wouldn't mind if it's a flagship Continental badged EV utility in the same vein as the Q8 or other European luxury electric crossovers. 

Beyond that I would also like to see Ford and Lincoln produce a stylish midsize crossover to replace their midsize sedans with something lower slung, coupe-like, and sporting.  I know Ford has something like that coming which is being touted as a Fusion active (it's really not).  It's a vehicle segment I have a hard time picturing right now but it's very similar to the form factor their BEV crossovers are taking so I'm not sure there is room for that, but I could see it co-developed with the C2 Edge and Nautilus similar to CD3 Fusion/Edge and MKZ/MKX. 

Edited by Assimilator

Navigator/L, Aviator, Nautilus, Corsair and then.....

3 additional utilities, 2 of which are “SUV style coupes”, one being a China design which will be sold here - think kinda like a Corsair size.

Lincoln will ultimately have 7 Utility vehicles of varying sizes and styles and no sedans after the CD4 Continental runs its course.

Lincoln becomes the civilized American Land Rover.

3 additional utilities, 2 of which are “SUV style coupes”, one being a China design which will be sold here - think kinda like a Corsair size.

Lincoln will ultimately have 7 Utility vehicles of varying sizes and styles and no sedans after the CD4 Continental runs its course.

2 hours ago, ExplorerDude said:

I'm just curious, but what is an "Uncivlized" Land Rover?  The old Defender?

Every Land Rover I've seen looks like a pretty typical rich man's family hauler.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ExplorerDude said:

Wow - was not expecting them to drop all the cars.   I guess that’s why Mustang isn’t moving to CD6 - they don’t have any other cars to share the cost.

Do you know if Nautilus moves to CD6 or C2?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Assimilator said:

Yep, and it's on a unique BEV architecture, not just an F-150 with batteries.  

That would make almost no sense given how fullsize trucks are on a frame and don't have as many limiations as a unibody product does with placement of batteries. 

• 1 month later...

Not sure if this helps any but Mike Levine posted this on his Twitter account last Friday. I don't have Twitter but did save his page in my browser bookmarks and check it few times a week. Seems like reveals of the Mach E, Maverick, and even Bronco is not too long ahead of us. Not sure why he would make this post if reveals are not coming this year for these three (including Bronco). I'm still waiting for the reveals of the Escape and Transit which were previously thought to be Chicago but didn't. I suppose these are for New York Auto Show next month along with the Lincoln Corsair.

1775088488_MikeLevine-March1stTweet.thumb.jpg.6efa86285b1abafa701e283e6966b005.jpg

10 minutes ago, ausrutherford said:

I think Transit will debut at the Indianapolis Work Truck Show this week.

Ford usually gives some news at the show each year.

Escape and Corsair in NY.

Mach E at the DC Auto Show -> politics

You may be right on that. I had forgotten that the Work Truck Show is this week. Was preoccupied with last month's Chicago Auto Show and looking to New York Auto Show next month that I'd forgotten that the Work Truck Show is in between the two. I found the schedule on the website that on Wednesday the 6th at 9:45-11am, Ford will have a conference held there. Likely the cargo van version of the Transit and then passenger version of Transit at another time. Or both together at once.

http://www.worktruckshow.com/WTS/educational_sessions/WTS19_sessions/Ford_Commercial_Vehicles_Update_Session_9_45_11_a.m._.aspx

Agree also about the Escape and Corsair at NYAS which I figured. Is that an educated guess about Mach E at Washington DC Auto Show or do you know for certain about this? I wonder because I hadn't heard about that at all. Nothing mentioned of the sort on the show's website. It may very well happen to be shown there due to politics. I do know the Ford family is quite liberal when it comes to environment so would make sense to reveal it there to satisfy the liberals there (seeing with the Green New Deal debate going on these days) and also satisfy the investors as well.

2 hours ago, pffan1990 said:

You may be right on that. I had forgotten that the Work Truck Show is this week. Was preoccupied with last month's Chicago Auto Show and looking to New York Auto Show next month that I'd forgotten that the Work Truck Show is in between the two. I found the schedule on the website that on Wednesday the 6th at 9:45-11am, Ford will have a conference held there. Likely the cargo van version of the Transit and then passenger version of Transit at another time. Or both together at once.

http://www.worktruckshow.com/WTS/educational_sessions/WTS19_sessions/Ford_Commercial_Vehicles_Update_Session_9_45_11_a.m._.aspx

Agree also about the Escape and Corsair at NYAS which I figured. Is that an educated guess about Mach E at Washington DC Auto Show or do you know for certain about this? I wonder because I hadn't heard about that at all. Nothing mentioned of the sort on the show's website. It may very well happen to be shown there due to politics. I do know the Ford family is quite liberal when it comes to environment so would make sense to reveal it there to satisfy the liberals there (seeing with the Green New Deal debate going on these days) and also satisfy the investors as well.

It's an educated guess. I believe the original escape Hybrid was shown in DC too, so it kinda makes sense. 

• Like 1

Whoa, did not realize Ford was actually considering all wheel drive of the Transit even though it's offered in other countries. This is great, I think. I also did a Google check and came up with that CNET article that gave me the 404 error. I think maybe the article got pulled or wasn't supposed to post yet but made its way into Google's search listings. Midnight embargo passes and article gets published then, perhaps?

@ausrtherford, maybe a good guess on your part. But surely sometime soon though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pffan1990 said:

Whoa, did not realize Ford was actually considering all wheel drive of the Transit even though it's offered in other countries. This is great, I think. I also did a Google check and came up with that CNET article that gave me the 404 error. I think maybe the article got pulled or wasn't supposed to post yet but made its way into Google's search listings. Midnight embargo passes and article gets published then, perhaps?

@ausrtherford, maybe a good guess on your part. But surely sometime soon though.

I could also see them holding the Mach E and doing the Escape hybrid in DC and then the normal Escape in NY.

Kind of what they did with the Explorer.

• Like 1

Just over the horizon....  infinite horizon

u2-no-line-on-the-horizon.jpg?ssl=1

The Escape/Kuga and Corsair  must have made their debut . Is too late for the Escape/Kuga. Europe need this SUVs ASAP.

The Electric performance crossover is a 2021 model year, so, it will debut very lately this year or (the most probable) early next year.

The Baby Bronco will come later than the Escape... so.... next year (late next year)

The Bronco....   oh the Bronco....  We have been waiting for this vehicle for 6 years and it is still in the phase of the test mules! For what I think it will be a model 2022 vehicle and debuted in 2021. Late 2021.

The horizon is infinite...

Edited by falconlover 1

6 hours ago, falconlover 1 said:

The Bronco....   oh the Bronco....  We have been waiting for this vehicle for 6 years and it is still in the phase of the test mules! For what I think it will be a model 2022 vehicle and debuted in 2021. Late 2021.

Bro, for real. It's been just over 2 years since the return was announced. Job one is December 2020 as a 2021 model. 

• Like 1