2018 Drive control malfunction 2 Struts bad so far

JackSLack

Anybody having Drive Malfunction Codes?  I have had 7 codes.  First they told me after 50 miles software reset code. Can not pull the code.  Started at 4200 miles.  Took three times in the shop to get code read.  .  First time they read a code 5700 miles was after a oil change said it was the dip stick not pushed in tight.  So drove away from shop.  Code came up in the morning drove it to the dealership before( I turned off the car or drove) further than 50 miles.  Code came up again at 6200 miles said rear Strut sensor bad needed replacement.  Code came up again 11,200 Front right strut needs replaced for solenoid bad. Between all the Drive Malfunction codes replaced rear tail lights condensation in it. ... Wondering if I am the only Naivgator having all the problems!!!!

On 1/14/2019 at 3:40 PM, JackSLack said:

Anybody having Drive Malfunction Codes?  I have had 7 codes.  First they told me after 50 miles software reset code. Can not pull the code.  Started at 4200 miles.  Took three times in the shop to get code read.  .  First time they read a code 5700 miles was after a oil change said it was the dip stick not pushed in tight.  So drove away from shop.  Code came up in the morning drove it to the dealership before( I turned off the car or drove) further than 50 miles.  Code came up again at 6200 miles said rear Strut sensor bad needed replacement.  Code came up again 11,200 Front right strut needs replaced for solenoid bad. Between all the Drive Malfunction codes replaced rear tail lights condensation in it. ... Wondering if I am the only Naivgator having all the problems!!!!

This is the first I’ve read of these particular issues from this forum and a different Expedition forum.  This is not to say yours is unique but in the circles I type in it is.  

Thank you for your response.  I have been looking at everyones post. I can't find it out there either.  Lesson learn buy a new car after it's first year out.   Love.. love... my car.... but dishearting when you keep getting DRIVE MALFUNCTION CODES AND TRIPS TO THE DEALERSHIP :(

Codes keep changing from... it is not to the same strut.. from Sensor defective on back passenger side replace strut ...one front passenger strut bad Solenoid...dip stick not pushed in after oil change.  

After reading forum... glad I bought 6 year warranty!! If you replace strut  for sensors and Solenoids:(  Sensors all over that car

20 hours ago, JackSLack said:

Thank you for your response.  I have been looking at everyones post. I can't find it out there either.  Lesson learn buy a new car after it's first year out.   Love.. love... my car.... but dishearting when you keep getting DRIVE MALFUNCTION CODES AND TRIPS TO THE DEALERSHIP :(

Codes keep changing from... it is not to the same strut.. from Sensor defective on back passenger side replace strut ...one front passenger strut bad Solenoid...dip stick not pushed in after oil change.  

After reading forum... glad I bought 6 year warranty!! If you replace strut  for sensors and Solenoids:(  Sensors all over that car

These new hi-tech vehicles are actually rolling computer networks (several interconnected computer control modules).   Have the alleged defective assembly’s been confirmed defective?  If they were not actually defective you may actually have a defective control module or network connection issue throwing erroneous failure codes.  I had 3 driver side headlight assemblies replaced due to headlight going out before they finally caught a headlight control  module failure code and replaced the control module.

• 11 months later...

I have a 2018 Lincoln Navigator and keep getting a Drive mode selection reduced due to system default warning as well as drive control malfunction service required warning. I have had my car in the shop multiple times and I keep getting my vehicle back just to have it happen again almost immediately. My vehicle is currently in the shop again and I’m hoping this time they find a solution. 

My road since I posted.  Is dealerships learning how to pull codes and determine diagnosis to codes.  So two struts sensors months apart but sensors cause total replacement of struts.   Driver mirror when starting car would adjust and get struck and start popping.   That was tied to seat adjustment.   Which was at the timing close to monitor behind passenger seat monitor coming on and flashing.   Which they said would be fixed with seat update.  Which did not fix monitor but fix driver mirror getting stuck.  If you don’t have many passengers like me you don’t see monitor flashing.  But months later monitor was replaced and seems to have fixed that also.   But it has been months since my last drive control malfunction after second strut replaced.  But so glad I bought a extended warranty if sensor causes total strut replacement for a sensor.  Because those cars have sensors everywhere.  I went in for oil change got a malfunction code the next morning low pressure on oil pressure cap.  They didn’t screw it on tight.   So Drive Malfunction codes means a lot of different things!! 
But that’s my stories !! Hope you get yours figured out.   Maybe one of above will

help you find yours! Let me know maybe my next mystery.    

I have had two stunt sensors replaced.